Home sweet home

Fate will return you what you try to let go

Yonghwa and Jungshin were assessed by a team of medical staff and passed fit to fly as they were very fortunate to sustain mainly superficial injuries. Although Yonghwa had a deep wound on his thigh, likely caused by the piercing of debris during the crash, the doctors succeeded removing all foreign bodies from the wound and treated him with antibiotics. He is however, in good condition to be flown back to Seoul where he will be further examined by the doctors back there. Jungshin also had multiple wounds and cuts all over his body but he appeared fine.

As rescuers continue to comb the area where survivors have been spotted, the last batch of survivors were reported to be another 6 Koreans, including an infant. A total of 126 passengers and crew were on board the fateful flight and only 14 survived. But the number came as a shock to rescuers and investigators because the chance of surviving for more than a month after the crash was really low. The investigators then began to comb through the wreckages hoping to locate the two black boxes. They also interviewed the survivors for their account of what happened just before the plane hits the water.

Yonghwa and Jungshin were accompanied by the Korean ambassadors and flown back to Seoul on a Saturday morning. Fans and reporters gathered outside the hospital upon receiving tips that the CNBlue members were admitted that morning. 

Jonghyun and Minhyuk, together with all the parents of the CNBlue's members were already at the hospital waiting room. FNC's management were also there to assess their members' condition and later smuggled Seohyun in from the hospital's back door. When Yonghwa's mum saw Seohyun. She gave Seohyun a hug and held her hands throughout while waiting for the doctor's assessment.

About three hours later, the nurse called for Jungshin's family as they have allowed the family to have a word with him. Other than mild dehydration and fatigue, the doctor has reassured the family that Jungshin would be well in a couple of days time. 

Slowly, Jonghyun and Minhyuk also went in to see Jungshin. The brothers patted Jungshin and asked if he was feeling better. They missed each other so much and words just couldn't describe the feelings they had when they reunited again. 

Meanwhile, it was Yonghwa's parents turn to have a look at Yonghwa. He hasn't not woken up due to the side effect of the medicines which were administered to him to relieve pain. His parents went in first and the mum's cries eventually woke Yonghwa up. After a short conversation, Yonghwa asked about Seohyun. 

YH: "Omma, appa.. I'm still alive!"

Mum: "Yes, thank god for this. Do you feel unwell anywhere?"

Dad: "Stop moving around, why are you getting up?" (Yonghwa's attempt to sit up was intervened by his dad)

YH: "Seohyun.. How is she?"

Mum: "You little rascal, didn't even ask about me and Seohyun comes into your mind first?"

YH: "Sorry mum.. I know I made everyone worried."

Dad: "Yonghwa, other than your mum and me, Seohyun was so worried about you and she definitely shed alot of tears for you... You must treat her even better now that you are back. Understand?"

Mum: "That's right. This girl went through so much for you, but luckily Jonghyun and Minhyuk took good care of her too."

YH: "Is she here? I want to see her."

The parents then left the room and sked Seohyun, Jonghyun and Minhyuk to go into the room.

When Yonghwa's eyes met with Seohyun, he could feel the warmth immediately and yet at the same time his heart was aching when he realized how haggard she looked. Jonghyun and Minhyuk went over to Yonghwa first and gave a high five. They clearly missed each other as well. Yonghwa looked at Seohyun..

YH: "Hyun ah.. I missed you."

SH: "Are.. Are You feeling better?" (with teary eyes)

YH: "Hyun ah, don't cry. I'm back now. I'm sorry, you must have been worried sick." (Grabs Seohyun's hand)

SH: "These are happy tears." 

JH: "We went through hell, but we thought the only thing we could do is to take good care of Seohyun for you. Seohyun ah, she cried every night and looked like a frog every morning.."

MH: "Hyung, we cried a lot too. We didn't know if Jungshin and you will make it. My heart hurts so much and I regretted not spending more time together with both of you. You don't know how terrible we felt."

YH: "Thanks Jonghyun and Minhyuk, for taking care of Hyun. I missed all of you too."

SH: "Don't worry about me. I'm fine. After today I'm going to be fine. (Seohyun smiles for the first time in recent weeks) But Yong, you should rest now. We'll come visit again tomorrow. 

YH: " ya I think I should rest, feeling goggy due to the side effects of the meds.

Yonghwa couldn't take his eyes off Seohyun. Although he wanted her to stay longer but he was really in need of a good long rest. He laid on his side and closed his eyes. Just before he fell asleep, he was hoping that Hannah made it home safely too. After all, Hannah's like a little sis who needed a big brother to be there for her at times. As he reasoned out with himself, he entered his dream land.

---

Two days later, both Jungshin and Yonghwa were discharged from the hospital. They were so happy to be back in the dorm. Seohyun was there waiting for them and even Seohyun's parents came over to have a look at Yonghwa. Yonghwa was touched and thanked them for coming over. After dinner, Yonghwa finally had some time alone with Seohyun in his room. Seohyun entered the room first and while Yonghwa followed behind her after closing the door, he hugged her from behind..

SH: "What are you doing?"

YH: "Nothing. Just wanna hug. I've locked the door" 

SH: "Haha are you making fun of me?" (Seohyun pulled away and turned to look at Yonghwa)

YH: "What?"

SH: "Do you need to change the dressing on your thigh? Is it bad? Can you do it by yourself? Show me."

YH: "I'm wearing a pants now how do I show you like this?"

SH: "Change into something else? Or just take it off!"

YH: "I'll do it myself... Or I can get the guys to do it for me." (Turning shy)

SH: "I attended first aid course before, I'm trained. If you don't do it correctly, your wound may get stuck to the bandage and you end up reopening the wound."

(Yonghwa after much consideration..)

YH: "Like now? We do it here? Are you sure it's ok? I'm just gonna be in my boxers."

​SH: "I'll try to focus.... On the wound." (she teases Yonghwa)

Yonghwa ped his pants and took it off. He lied down on the bed and Seohyun had a good look at his wound. She must have felt some pain in her heart too as the wound was deep and still bloody. However, unlike most girls, Seohyun wasn't afraid at all to handle his dressings and finished her job within 10 minutes.

YH: "This is so embarrassing."

SH: "Why? What's there to be embarrased about?"

YH: "Oh, so I can be in my boxers every time I see you?" (Yonghwa teases Seohyun)

SH: "What are you thinking ?!"

YH: "Hyun ah... Stay over tonight."

SH: "No, I gotta go home."

YH: "Don't you miss me? Don't you wanna spend some time with me?"

SH: "hmm... Alright... But put on your pants!"

Seohyun decided to stay over at Yonghwa's room since Yonghwa said that he has so much things to share with her especially about the plane crash encounter. Yonghwa was wrapping Seohyun in his arms as they talked throughout the night. It all felt like a dream to him. But what's important is that he gets to see his girlfriend again and he is thankful to be able to hold her in his arms again.

 

---

to be continued