The Oversea Party

Fate will return you what you try to let go

The news spread fast - CNBlue's concert tour in LA coincided with SNSD promo tour next month.  Sooyeong, Sunny and Tiffany were busy discussing their shopping plans while Yoona was the careful who noticed that both CNBlue's concert and their event will end on the same day. After doing a quick check with the manager, Yoona confirmed SNSD will be  having additional 3 days of holiday in LA which the company granted them in exchange for their hardwork throughout the summer. Yoona turned to Seohyun and could hardly contain her excitement.

Yoona: "When will CNBlue be returning to Korea?"

SH: "30 Jun?"

Yoona: "What?! It's the same day as our return flight! Oh my god!"

SH: "Ah, I don't even know whether Yonghwa has other program scheduled after his concert. You know, he's always busy. But I'll check with him." (Feeling hopeful)

Yoona: "Yeah, check with him! It's your birthday on the 28th and I'm sure he will make time for you no matter what." (Yoona gave Seohyun a wink)

On the other hand, Yonghwa already heard of the news earlier on from Jungshin who always seemed to get first hand news. Perhaps he is indeed the nation'a friend, he keeps good relationship with everyone, especially SNSD.

Yonghwa kicks start the US tour with his band on 21 Jun and will end the tour on 27 Jun in Los Angeles, which coincided with the SNSD's last event in the states as well. Since CNBlue will not be preparing for any concerts until September, they were also given 3 days holiday extension to relax and have fun before heading back to Korea. It was a short break that everyone is looking forward to. However as Minhyuk's birthday also fell on the 28th and there were already plans to celebrate with the brothers, Yonghwa had to make alternate arrangement for Seohyun. 

YH: "Hyun, I only get to know that you will be in LA too on your birthday. Ah, but the company already have plans to celebrate Minhyuk's birthday."

SH: "Oh. It's.. Ok. I understand this is not your fault." (Seohyun sounded disappointed)

YH: "I'm sorry Hyun, why not let's meet up the night just before we head back to Korea? I could ask for some me time."

SH: "Mm, I guess I should be alright.."

YH: "Don't be sad Hyun, I'll make it up to you alright? I promise. See you then, bye."

Seohyun was disappointed that Yonghwa couldn't find the time to celebrate her birthday with her but at least he offered to meet up on the following day. Since Minhyuk's party has been preplanned she couldn't blame Yonghwa either. Seohyun broke the news to her unnies and Yoona cheered her up by saying the unnies will also prepare a party for her! Moreover Yonghwa has already promised to make up to her the next day. Seohyun felt the comfort from her unnies and decided not to brood over it. What's important is to do well in their promo tour first then they can let go and enjoy the short break!

----

3 weeks passed, CNBlue has arrived in th States and SNSD arrived 4 days later. Both groups were busy with their preparation and of course everyone was counting down to the end of the tour. Yonghwa and Seohyun texted each other several times during the tour to update about their performance. Finally, it's the 27th and CNBlue had their last concert of the US tour. During the concert, Yonghwa mentioned several times that jun 28 is a special date but he knew that he shouldn't be too obvious, hence he always use Minhyuk as a cover up. Some fans were already thinking wildly whether Yonghwa was referring to Seohyun's birthday but Yonghwa doesn't seem bothered. In fact sometimes he does enjoy a little scandal with Seohyun.

Hence, after wrapping up the final concert, CNBlue headed back to their hotel. They quickly washed up and headed out. On the other hand, SNSD unnies had prepared a suite party for Seohyun at one of the grandest hotel in LA. Other than Yoona and Sooyeong who excused themselves as they had other plans, the other unnies took Seohyun out for dinner and went on a shopping mission. They even bought Seohyun y lingerie from Victorias Secrets and insisted that she should show it to Yonghwa. The unnies definitely try to make Seohyun better by treating her like a princess that day. At about 11 plus the girls all decided to head back to the suite and they bought food and beverages for the countdown party to Seohyun's birthday. 

As the girls reached outside the hotel room, Sunny looked at her watch and it was 5 minutes to midnight. She appeared to frantically look for the room card key. "Can't seem to find it! I'll just call Yoona to open the door since they have returned already." Following that, Sunny called Yoona on the phone to ask her to open the door. 

The girls secretly moved backwards and Seohyun unknowingly got pushed to the front and as the door opened, she walked in cautiously as the lights were dimmed. "What's that?" Seohyun getting suspicious as a black figure approaches her.

YH: "Happy birthday to you.. Happy birthday to you... Happy birthday to Hyun... Happy birthday to you," (Yonghwa puts down his guitar and picked up a bouquet of roses and walked towards Seohyun)

SH: "What is this!" (Seohyun laughing and half crying)

Suddenly the lights were and the rest of the CNBlue and SNSD members all gathered and sing Seohyun the birthday song."

YH: "Surprise!!! Do you like it?" 

Yonghwa then went forward to hug the birthday girl. Everyone let out a loud cheer and insisted Yonghwa to give Seohyun a kiss. Yonghwa simply pushed Seohyun's head from behind and towards him and kissed her on her lips. The kiss drove everyone to madness and all the "ooohs" and "ahhhhhs" could be heard in the room. Seohyun then began to hit Yonghwa in the chest for lying to her about his preplanned schedule although she definitely felt very touched at that moment. Just then, Sooyeong suggested singing a birthday song for Minhyuk as well as he seemed to be left out although it was also his birthday. Minhyuk was smiling till his eyes formed a straight line but surprisingly he could still see. Yoona then added that since Minhyuk is a drummer and plays with drum sticks, they bought lots of fried chicken drumsticks for him to eat. 

Yoona also revealed that Yonghwa has contacted her in May to make prior arrangement for this surprise party. She was also very thrilled to announce to everyone Yonghwa has offered to pay for the suite for SNSD for their stay in this luxurious hotel for helping him out. Also, he would be taking Seohyun to Disney Land for a 2d1n stay the next day!

Seohyun's face lit up as soon as she heard Yoona's words and every spot on her face spells "happiness". 

The CNBlue members also thanked Yonghwa for paying for their suite in a separate  hotel but was easily jealous that the girls get to stay in a more luxurious hotel. But they were happy anyway.

The party went on until the next morning and the two groups got along well by having games and sincere chats during the party which brought them closer to one another. Yonghwa and Seohyun both took a quick nap in between as they had a packed day ahead of them. By 6.30am, the CnBlue members decided to head back to their hotel as Yonghwa and Seohyun also prepared to set off.

Fortunately the Disneyland hotel wasn't having full occupancy when the couple arrived. They managed to check in earlier and the moment they changed into new clothes, they headed straight to the theme park. It was Yongseo's first visit to the Disneyland together and Seohyun was taking a lot of pictures along the way due to the excitement, Seohyun has always wanted to visit the theme park with Yonghwa but they wouldn't be able to do that back in Korea. Now without the camera man and staff following them, unlike during the WGM filming, the couple is able to blend in the crowd and reduce the chance of being recognized by the Americans.

From adventurous roller coaster rides to kiddy train rides, the couple enjoyed the afternoon under the bright sunshine. They avoided holding hands in the park but once inside the rides, they were no different from a dating couple - including holding hands and arms locking. In fact Yonghwa didn't bothered too much but Seohyun was the one constantly reminding Yonghwa to behave. 

Seohyun has always have a soft spot for cute plush toys and accessories, it was no wonder that she almost bought half a Disnelyand gift shop back. Knowing that her unnies and the three in laws could not join them, Seohyun bought many gifts for them too. While shopping for gifts, Seohyun picked up a Mickey Mouse travel first aid kit and bought it for Yonghwa. She has instructed him to bring the kit along with him whenever he goes overseas incase  there is an emergency. Yonghwa obeyed. With Seohyun's shopping mode on, Yonghwa of course ended up being her courier man and carried all her loot without complaining. As night falls, the couple quickly head back to the hotel to deposit all their bags and re-entered the theme park for the fireworks display. It was a fun filled day and the end of the firework worlds display and parade marked the end of Seohyun's birthday celebration. The couple then went to a steak house as recommended by Yonghwa's brother for steak and wine for dinner. A long stroll back to the hotel also enabled the couple to have a heart-to-heart talk while enjoying the beautiful scenery along the way. 

Back at the hotel, Seohyun was still energetic and scream at every Disney characters she saw in the room. Yonghwa was already as restless as he could be. He was sitting at one corner as though taking the shape of the sofa, dead tired, 

YH: "Hyunnn... I'm tired. Give me a massage."

SH: "Ew, aren't u going to bathe first?"

YH: "I can't move. You wanna bathe first?"

SH: "Ah, but I need to pack my stuff first. You go first." (Seohyun pulls her bag over)

YH: "I'll wait for you. Let's bathe together then."

SH: "Ah! stop it will you!" (Seohyun taking out her things from her bag to repack)

YH: "Haha just kidding, .. Oh! What's this?!' (Points to the pink semi-transparent chiffon night gown)

SH: "What do I do?! Ahh, I didn't bring this with me... Ah! It must be Yoona.. She packed it inside my bag without me knowing!" (face turns red while slotting the lingerie back into her bag)

YH: "Woh...... Hyun u wear this kind?"

SH: "No! Of course not! The unnies bought it for me when we went to Victoria secrets this afternoon. So embarrassing." (Hides her face behind the towel)

YH: "Woh...... Show me. Quick. Show me, show me.."

SH: "Stop that...Hmmph! Aren't you supposed to bathe now? " 

YH: "Either you bathe with me or show me what you brought." 

SH: "Seriously.. Ah. Just let you have a quick glance. There!"

YH: "Woh...... That's.... That's..." (Grins)

SH: "Something a mistress would wear?" 

YH: "No... That's quite nice." (Shyly)

SH: "What? Haha..."

It was clear that Yonghwa like that kind of sleepwear on his girlfriend and Seohyun kind of took note of her boyfriend's preference. When she saw the design at the shop, the first thought she had was whether that was too provocative and what would Yonghwa think of her. She thought that kind of lingerie is commonly worn by a man's mistress who tries to seduce men, But deep down inside her heart she seems to have second thought since she was surprised by Yonghwa's remark. 

Sensing that Seohyun was feeling awkward and he even made fun of her, Yonghwa went to wash up first while allowing Seohyun to pack her stuff. After Seohyun has also finished washing up, she sat beside Yonghwa on the sofa and handed him a gift she has prepared for his birthday. 

SH: "Why didn't you ask for your birthday present this time?"

YH: "I know you will give it to me without having to ask..but I'm a little disappointed."

SH: "why?"

YH: "I thought you were going to wear that to show me as a present."

SH: "Ah, seriously! I feel like killing Yoona now.."

YH: "I'm just kidding.. Oh is that a watch you got for me?"

SH: "Yup! I bought a couple watch, look!"

YH: "It's nice. I love it. It's my style."

SH: "Wear it often. But don't show it off too much haha.."

YH: "Thanks Hyun... I'll wear it. And I hope you like your birthday present."

SH: "Super super love."

YH: "Really? Thanks good. Let's sleep.. I gotta meet Jungshin to head back home tomorrow. I'll send you back to your hotel first and go straight to the airport to meet the guys. Oh Jonghyun and minhyuk will be on the same flight as you I heard. They are heading to Hong Kong for a fan signing event."

SH: "I see. We will transit in Hongkong and should reach korea about 8pm. Maybe I'll be able to see Jonghyun on the plane then."

YH: Yup, alright, hug me now and close your eyes.." 

 

------

 

to be continued..