One sided love is stronger than any kind of love

Fate will return you what you try to let go

As Seohyun stared at the gifts the yongseo fans have made, tears well up in her eyes. She pretended to look down, avoiding Yonghwa's glance and turned her back against him. Seohyun felt her heart aching as she came to realize that Yonghwa does not cherish those gifts anymore. To make things worse, Yonghwa told her that if she doesnt want them, he could help to carry the bag to the rubbish chute. Finally, Seohyun could not hold it anymore. She sat down on the floor and looked up to Yonghwa who was sitting on the sofa. Yonghwa was shocked when he saw Seohyun's red eyes. He felt a sharp pain when he realized Seohyun was crying because of what he did.

 

YH: "Hyun, are you crying?"

(Yonghwa, in shock, gently touches Seohyun's hair)

YH: "Hyun..."

(Seohyun looked up and tried hard to hold back her tears)

SH: "Im fine..."

YH: "Why are you crying?"

SH: "No, it's nothing.Thank you, Yong. For keeping all these. I would like to keep them."

(Yonghwa at a loss, beginning to regret his action)

YH: "Hyun ah.."

SH: "Sorry. I shouldnt have cried. Haha, i should be happy. Happy that you kept all these for me."

YH: "Are you ok?"

SH: "Oh yes, I'm ok. I scared you? Sorry."

(Both were speechless for a while)

SH: "Yong, it's late already, you should go back now. You have to head to Japan tomorrow for the concert you should really go now."

Yonghwa realized that Seohyun knew his schedule and that shows that she has been following up with CNBlue's news. He knew that he had to go too as there was only a few hours more before he heads to the airport. But he was sad, very sad. He looked at Seohyun and he wanted to stay so much but he just couldnt. In the end, he had no choice but to make a move. Strangely, before he left, he asked Seohyun a question out of the blue.

YH: "I'm going off then. You take care."

SH: "Yes. All the best to your concert."

(Seohyun was about to close the door..)

YH: "Hyun.."

SH: "Yah?"

YH: "Are you.. are you seeing someone now?"

(Seohyun looked straight into Yonghwa's eyes)

SH: "Never."

YH: "Really?"

SH: "Wait here.. since you bought me something, i have something for you too."

(Yonghwa waited at the door while Seohyun went into her bed room. She brings out her diary. She wrote something on the last page and indicated "533" on the front page).

SH: "Take this. Read this only when you get back home."

YH: "Ok.."

SH: "Bye.."

 

Yonghwa hurried his footsteps and head back to his dorm. Inside the lift, he closed his eyes and all he see was Seohyun's sad face. He definately did not expect such a reaction from Seohyun. He was almost certain that Seohyun wasnt as caring and keen towards him compared to before. He thought that Seohyun has lost interest in him and even suspected that she was seeing someone already. Now to think back how he has misunderstood her made him really miserable. Slowly, Yonghwa made his way back and he headed straight into his room. After he took a shower, he took a closer look at the book that Seohyun has given him. The title reads "533th day of one sided love". In that instant, Yonghwa felt his heart dropped. He flipped to the first page. "Have you gotten busy lately? You did not contact me anymore. Even when i appeared on shows and talked about you, you did not text me anymore. It's ok, i'm keeping this book for you, it's all about my updates. You can read all about me and not miss a single thing. I reckoned you don't like me anymore but... I'm still in love with you. Is this the kind of LOVE everyone talks about? It gives you strength, its makes you do stupid things, it keeps you going. A one sided love, it's so strong. Even stronger than being in love with each other."

Yonghwa's eyes turned red after reading up the first page. He realized that Seohyun has never lost her sight on him all along. While Yonghwa tried to run away from Seohyun, Seohyun was quietly loving him and putting up a brave front. She didn't even ask Yobghwa what's wrong when he gave her the cold shoulders because she knew, she knew exactly what Yonghwa is thinking, and she doesn't want to cause him any inconvenience so she rather watch him from afar. 

Tears rolled down Yonghwa's cheeks, even a man like him couldn't stop his tears, for he could feel Seohyun's undying love for him without expecting anything in return. As he read on.. "Today the doctor said that I had tonsillitis and I am running high fever. My unnies came over to take care of me until my temperature dropped to 37 degrees. Jungshin chingoo must have seen the news as he sent me a get well soon text. We had a short chat via texting and I was dying to get your news but Jungshin chingoo didn't mention u at all. I will try again another time."

(On the next page was a Polaroid film taken by Seohyun showing her temperature on a tamama thermometer: 39.9 degrees)

Yonghwa read on and on until the last page, "Today I hand the book to you. My secret is revealed - I have had a 533 day long one sided love with Jung Yonghwa."

"Silly girl." Yonghwa mumbled to himself as he laid his chin on a dog plush toy which he bought with Seohyun.

"What should I do.." He kept asking himself. As his mind flashed back the overwhelming day, he began to fall asleep. 

 

 

----

To be continued