Keeping hopes alive

Fate will return you what you try to let go

The first ray of sun was shining on Yonghwa's face. The sound of the coming waves hitting against the shore woke Yonghwa up. He opened up his eyes and was shocked to see the state of the aeroplane right in front of him. It was as though Jungshin and him were at the sturdiest part of the leftover wreckage as there were only a few chairs still intact. He woke Jungshin up and to their surprise, the ocean currant has been merciful to send them up on shore. Knowing that they have survived the plane crash, Yonghwa's morale was boosted. Now, they have to find ways to send out any signal for rescuers to locate them. Jungshin instantly dug out the phone from his pocket only to realize that it was damaged by the overnight soaking of sea water. The phone couldn't even start up. Yonghwa has left his phone in his hand carry bag which was nowhere to be found. Together, Yonghwa and Jungshin decided to recycle the site they were at and find as many useful materials as possible. 

Just as they were searching through the wreckages, Yonghwa spotted the girl whom he had thrown a life vest at before the crash. She was in the life vest and Yonghwa believed, as lucky as they were, she was washed up onshore too.

YH: "Hey!"

The girl looked up and was shocked to find Yonghwa waving at her. She looked up and eventually lost her consciousness while she tried to get up. Yonghwa quickly rushed to the girl and tried shaking her up. Jungshin joined Yonghwa after hearing some commotion and realized that there was another survivor. Yonghwa tried to get the girl to respond but to no avail. At this moment, Yonghwa performed mouth to mouth resuscitation on the girl and she eventually came back to life. Yonghwa was out of breath but he was relieved to see her responding. They quickly carry the girl under a tree and rested her there.

YH: "Are you ok."

Girl: "Yes.. " 

JS: "You are safe now. Luckily Yonghwa spotted you in time."

YH: "Can you sit up?"

Girl: "Yes.."

JS: "You must be shaken after the whole ordeal. I still can't believe our plane crashed and can't believe we survived."

YH: "My name is Yonghwa and this is Jungshin. How about u?"

Girl: "Hannah. Kim Hannah."

YH: "Nice name. Hey we are going to search for some materials which may be useful while waiting for the rescue team. Maybe you should just rest here and we will be back soon."

Girl: "Don't go. Please." (Hannah holds Yonghwa's hand)

YH: "Erm, maybe one of us stays here while the other will search the area."

JS: "I'll go then. I'll be back soon. You stay with her."

Jungshin went off combing wreckages to find anything that would be useful to them while Yonghwa sat by Hannah's side to comfort her. Hannah has a pair of clear eyes and long wavy hair, just like Seohyun. Looking at her, Yonghwa suddenly thought of his girlfriend. He wondered if Seohyun has been well taken care of, knowing that the news of the crash probably worried her to death. She must be desperately trying to contact him, he thought. When Yonghwa took another glance at Hannah, he imagined her to be like Seohyun, so helpless, so lost and so he couldn't help but want to take care of Hannah too.

Hannah: "Thank you. Thank you for passing me the life vest. Thank you for saving me just now. You saved my life twice."

YH: "Ah, I was just thinking why didn't you put on the life vest. Too scared?"

Hannah: "I was preparing to give up on my life."

YH: "What? How can you give up on your life? You should never do that Hannah-ssi. How old are you?"

Hannah: "21."

YH: "Ah, and you travel alone from LA to Seoul?"

Hannah: "Yes. (Sobbing..) I just attended my parents' funeral. They met with an accident."

YH: "Sorry to hear that. It must be hard on you. But Hannah, you are only 21, you still have a long way to go. Don't give up. Fighting!"

Hannah: "Will anyone be coming to rescue us?"

YH: "They should be conducting search already. There will be big news headlines about us, don't worry."

Hannah: "Are you guys models? Both of you looked tall and charming."

YH: "Do you know CNBlue?"

Hannah: "Sorry, I haven't heard of it."

YH: "Oh, we are a band. We perform music. We have 4 members and the other two members must be in agony upon hearing our news."

Hannah: "I see. I hardly listen to music. Sorry."

YH: "It's ok, haha."

Jungshin came back with a haversack containing drinking water, cereals and energy bars. He also picked up some clothings which can be worn during the night in case the temperature drops. Hardworking Jungshin also dragged a pile of sticks and dried leaves to attempt lighting up fire the traditional way. Yonghwa exclaimed that he tried starting up fire using rock and stick when he filmed one of the variety shows. Yonghwa recalled the knowledge he gathered then and tried for a good 30 mins before sparks and smoke were seen. They slowly start up a camp fire on the shore and hope that rescuers will be able to spot them soon.

Yonghwa was feeling uneased and thought he could possibly write out a dozen of songs while sitting here but he has lost his guitar. There was so much in his mind before and after the plane crash. He thought about what could have happened if he was to just die and how will the fans who love him react? How would his parents be? How would Seohyun live on? But now that he's alive, he promised to live life to the fullest and pray to return home soon. 

 

--------

Meanwhile in Seoul...It has been 3 days since the Flight 023I has gone missing and rescuers still have no luck in finding the missing plane. The bad weather and extreme weather changes made search and rescue efforts more difficult. As time ticked on, families and relatives of the passengers began to lose hope. However, Seohyun did not intend to give up. She knew that Yonghwa and Jungshin would return home soon. Just then, she received a phone call from Yonghwa's mum. Yonghwa's parents have travelled to Seoul to await news from FNC and since his parents already knew of their relationship, they must have guessed how worried Seohyun would be. Yonghwa's parents comforted Seohyun and instructed her on many occasions to take care of herself as she seemed to lose some weight.

For the past few days, Jonghyun and Minhyuk have been in contact with Seohyun as well, providing each other support and praying for their safe return. Jong hyun especially has been taking extra care of Seohyun. Due to the extensive coverage of the air crash report, Seohyun naturally became the spotlight in the media as many reporters have caught Jonghyun and Seohyun walking closely together. Because the CNBlue's dorm is a block away from Seohyun's house, there were rumors of Seohyun dating Jonghyun secretly. Seohyun's became every reporters' target as days go by and slowly, the report on Yonghwa's parents meeting Seohyun also surfaced online. 

For Seohyun, this was the hardest time she had to endure before Yonghwa returns home safely. But as strong as she always was, Seohyun dismisses all reports and appeared unbothered by all ridiculous rumors. No doubt Jonghyun and Seohyun's relationship became closer, jong hyun was simply taking care of his hyung's girlfriend in his absence. Minhyuk was also ridiculed about the negative reports on Seohyun and always stood on her side to show his support. Minhyuk eventually tweeted on his account to plead the media to leave Seohyun alone and to stop all inappropriate accusations especially during this period when their two members were still missing following a plane crash incident.

A week passed, Seohyun was at the CNBlue's dorm one night and cried her heart out in front of Jonghyun and Minhyuk. Both of them knew that Seohyun had been under tremendous stress lately but she couldn't show at all. However, with many companies coming forward to donate money to speed up search and rescue effort, they now have a bigger hope to hold on to. 

At CNBlue's dorm...

SH: "Jonghyun oppa, do you think Yonghwa and Jungshin will have enough to eat? I have been practicing my cooking and I want to cook for Yong when he comes back. Pasta, with extra cheese. That's his favorite."

JH: "Seohyun ah...."

SH: "I gave Yong a big bag of cookies before we left the hotel and asked him to bring back for you guys. If he couldn't find anything to eat, would he remember he has those cookies? Will it be enough to share with everyone..... Will he...?"

JH: "Dont cry,Seohyun. Yonghwa and Jungshin will be fine. Try not to think too much." (Jonghyun awkwardly puts his hands over Seohyun's shoulders)

SH: "Oppa, I'm so worried..... What should I do....?" (sobbing)

Jonghyun tried his best to calm Seohyun down while holding back his tears too. He missed his brothers as much as she does but he couldn't show. Minhyuk walked in and saw Seohyun's face and went comfort her too. That was when the three of them became closer than ever and promised to be with each other through this hardship.

 

-----

to be continued