Honesty is the best policy

Fate will return you what you try to let go

Yonghwa was bothered by the sight of Hannah during the fan meeting earlier on and decided to have a word with Hannah. He went to the living room and looked through the bag of gifts from fans and found Hannah's gift as well as the piece of message she has slit into the box. Yonghwa opened up the gift box and saw the Mickey Mouse first aid kit which he has given her just before they were picked up by rescuers. He took it out and placed it on his table, then hesitating whether to call up Hannah.

Finally, he dialed the number written on the piece of paper and managed to ge through. Hannah sounded surprised and so they arranged to meet at a quiet place to avoid being misunderstood and worse, if they were caught by reporters.

Yonghwa went into Jonghyun’s room and said he needed to his car and drove out. Initially Jonghyun thought that Yonghwa is going out with Seohyun so he did not ask much. No one sensed anything amiss and continued to practice on their instrument. Hannah was waiting for Yonghwa by the road side nearby her house. Then, a car stopped in front of Hannah and Yonghwa wind down the window and asked her to get in.

 

Hannah: “Yonghwa oppa! Where are we going?”

YH: “Somewhere quiet.”

Hannah: “Oppa, I was hoping that you’d call me but didn’t expect it to be that fast!”

Yonghwa drove quite a distance, away from the busy streets and pulled over when he found a suitable spot.

YH: “Hannah ah, it’s good to see you again. At least I know that you are fine.”

Hannah: “Oppa, I saw the news recently. You got engaged.”

YH: “Yup. I proposed to her during the concert.”

Hannah: “So I stand no chance at all?”

YH: “Hannah ah, I have treated you like a little sister all along. I hope you don’t misunderstand my good intention. I just thought that you needed someone when you feel down. It’s nothing more.”

Hannah: “Really?” (tears rolled down her cheeks)

YH: “That’s why I wanted to meet you today. To clear the misunderstanding.”

Hannah: “I understand. I’ll be fine. I want to stay here by myself a little while more. Please go.” (unbuckle her seat belt and tried to open the door)

YH: “It’s late already, I can’t leave you here by yourself. I’ll send you home?” (Yonghwa grabbed Hannah’s hand)

Hannah: “Its ok. I just want to be alone, oppa.” (opens door and found a spot to sit)

 

Yonghwa knew that he couldn’t leave her alone in the park at this hour and went out of the car and sit beside her. He was trying to comfort Hannah as he knew that she would be disappointed and upset with him. He really disliked making girls cry and that was why Yonghwa always get dumped in a relationship as he didnt know how to break up. In this case, he couldnt even bear to reject Hannah's feelings for him initially. But he did it anyway.

Hannah: "Would you spend the night here with me? Just this once."

YH: "We should go already. Come on, Hannah." (Yonghwa pulled Hannah up)

Hannah: "Oppa..." (Hannah wrapped her arms around Yonghwa's waist and hugged him)

YH: "Ok, just cry. After you're done, we'll head home ok?" (Yonghwa stood still)

----

 

Meanwhile at CNBlue's dorm...

Seaohyun was at the door as she brought over freshly made apple chips for the members.

SH: "Hello! Open the door please!" (Seohyun showed the chips to the boys through the camera installed outside the door)

JS: "Seohyun? You came alone?" (puzzled)

SH: "Yeah, why? Yonghwa's busy?"

JS: "He went out just now. We thought he went with you. Maybe he went to run some errands. Come in please."

SH: "Ah, I thought he would be in. But that's alright, here, i made some dried apple chips. Your favourite, Jungshin chingoo!"

JH & MH: "Hi Seohyun!!"

SH: "Hi guys! I made more dried apple chips! But that... That one is for Yonghwa. I'll put in his room." (pointing to the biggest pack with a pink ribbon and a message card affixed on it)

Seohyun went into Yonghwa's room and got a shock to see how untidy his room was. She placed the apple chips on his table and looked around. At that moment, she saw the Mickey Mouse first aid kit that she bought for Yonghwa and thought, "Ah, he still has this. Good boy." She picked it up and opened the kit but was puzzled when she saw the items contained were different from those she got for him the other time. She didn't recall putting a bottle of M&M chocolates which was labelled "Love pills" and the Mickey Mouse plasters that came with the kit were replaced with Minnie Mouse. Something isn't quite right, she thought. Of course, trusting her husband-to-be, she decided not to question him. But being curious, she would like to hear his explanation. How should she go about it?

Seohyun wanted to wait for Yonghwa to be back and kept pestering the three in laws-to-be to play songs for her. She said she wanted to be a CNBlue DJ and whatever song that she requested, they would have to play for her. The game went on until 4am and Yonghwa was still not back yet. Feeling sorry for the in laws-to-be, Seohyun thought it was better to make a move first. Jungshin was the same age as Seohyun so it was easier for them to talk. He offered to walk Seohyun back home since it's only 4am and the walkway from their block to hers is quite a distance. During the walk back, Jungshin already sensed that something was bothering her. "Sometimes, it's hard to meet Yonghwa hyung as he is always busy. We stay with him but hardly see him too. So, don't be sad ok. If you are bored you can always come over and talk to us just like today." Jungshin tries to comfort her. "No, I'm feeling ok. He'll definitely look for me first thing in the morning. Haha." Seohyun putting up a smile.

Back in the dorm, Minhyuk and Jonghyun were discussing about Yonghwa's odd behaviour as he hardly does not respond to their group chat. He wasnt picking up their calls either. Jungshin came back a little while later and joined in the discussion. They were uneased and all three of them sat in the living room, waited for Yonghwa to return home but dozed off almost instantly.

----

After sending Hannah home, it was already 6am. Yonghwa drove home to find the other members dozing off in the living room, leaning on each others' shoulders.

YH: "What's this? Hey, wake up. Why aren't you guys sleeping in your own room?"

JS: "Hyung.. what time is it.. You're finally back." (yawning)

MH: "Seohyun came over yesterday. We waited for you till 4 plus. We kept texting you and calling you but you didnt even respond!"

YH: "Seohyun? She didnt tell me she was coming?" (checking his handphone which was switched to silent mode)

JH: "She came to passed us apple chips. Oh she got one big bag for you too, she left it in your room."

YH: "Sorry guys, i should have at least replied your text. You guys stayed up for me?"

JS: "Where did you go?"

YH: "....." (hesitent)

JS: "Hello?"

YH: "Don't ask so much."

MH: "Hyung.."

YH: "I'm tired, I need to sleep. We'll talk tomorrow. Go and get some sleep too."

Yonghwa was back in his room and he picked up the bag of apple chips Seohyun has brought over. Yonghwa saw the card and smiled. The message inside reads "Stop complaining that you don't feel closer to me. Here's 500g of apple chips for you while the rest of them has only 250g :p "

Just then, Yonghwa noticed that the first aid kit was slightly left ped. He opened up and was as shock as when Seohyun saw the contents inside. He only realized at that moment that Hannah has repacked the items inside and he is worried if Seohyun saw it already. Yonghwa was shaking his head as he couldnt believe that a series of events could just happen to complicate things. However, he wasnt too worried as he knew that Seohyun knew exactly how he feels for her. She would not doubt him. But since Seohyun has always made him jealous, this time Yonghwa wanted Seohyun to have a taste too. Perhaps, this could be a test for Seohyun too.

 

----

Yonghwa intentionally went to sleep the whole day, as he was waiting for Seohyun to call him and to check on him. Of course, Seohyun was a little bothered  by his odd behaviour and expecting Yonghwa to be calling her as well. The cold war went on for a few days until Yonghwa made headlines again.

[Yongseo couple caught having argument in public]

Yonghwa got panicked when his manager told him that someone has taken a picture of him and Seohyun having an argument at an isolated park. The picture was of low quality due to the dark surrounding but everyone knew that Yonghwa was seeing Seohyun and assumed that the couple was having an argument.

Manager: “Yonghwa-ssi, why do you have to do it in public? We have told you to stay within your villa complex. It’s the safest place.  Since you both are living in the same area, it’s safer.”

YH: “That… That’s not Seohyun.”
Manager: “WHAT? Who’s that then? Yonghwa-ssi!”
YH: “Just a fan.”
Manager: “Seohyun knew about it?”
YH: “Not yet.”
Manager: “Seriously. You just got engaged  didn’t you?”
YH: “I know. I know. Sorry hyung.”

Yonghwa was left with no choice but to break the silence between Seohyun and him. He went over to Seohyun's place right after the meeting with his management.

YH: "Hello. Hyun. Can we talk?" (Yonghwa was cautious)

SH: "Yeah, come in. Have you eaten?"

YH: "Not yet, went for a meeting early morning."

SH: "You skipped your breakfast again?"

YH: "I really don't have the time to eat today. Came right here after the meeting." (showing aegyo)

SH: "I'll make you noodle soup then. Sit there and wait."

Yonghwa felt bad that Seohyun didnt ask him any question. She must have heard about the scandulous news about the "argument" they had at a park. Seohyun was at CNBlue's dorm that night, so it's definitely not her in the picture. But she didnt ask.

Yonghwa went into the kitchen and while Seohyun was preparing food for him with her back facing him, he stepped forward and hugged her from behind.

YH: "Why didnt you ask anything? Hyunnie?"

SH: "Ask what?"

YH: "You saw the picture right?"

(Seohyun nodded her head)

YH: "Why didnt you say anything? I'm waiting.."

SH: "I thought it's just some made up stories. We do get them all the time."

YH: "Really? You can brush it off like that?"

(Seohyun was dying inside to know who the girl was but she wasnt sure if he would think that she was being over possessive and she was trying to hide her jealousy)

YH: "Is this how my hyunnie behaves when she's jealous? Instead of getting mad and asking me to beg for forgiveness, you just keep quiet? This is worse than seeing you be mad with me, hyunnie.." (showing aegyo again)

SH: "No? I'm not jealous."

YH: "You can ask anything. I will answer you truthfully."

SH: "You can tell me anything that you want to."

YH: "Don't you want to know who she is?"

(Seohyun nodded her head this time)

Finally, Seohyun started to ask more questions. Yonghwa answered her questions one by one truthfully and explained that when the picture was taken, he was with Hannah trying to clear up the misunderstandings that they have. It was fortunate that Hannah's backview looked like Seohyun so she wasnt identified as someone else. This could make things worse. He also went on to tell Seohyun that when they were trapped on the isolated island, he felt that being the oldest there, he should take care of Jungshin and her. He admitted that he was soft hearted and  became confused at times because he pitied Hannah but he swore to Seohyun that he never had any other intentions on her.

 

YH: "She even tried to get on top of me and kissed me all over." (anticipating Seohyun's reaction)

SH: "On you?" (Seohyun's face changed, trying to imagine)

YH: "Yah, but luckily Jungshin woke up and saw her on top of me. He was freaked out and tried to rescue me. Haha."

SH: "Wah, she's so daring."

YH: "Yah, if only you were like her. My hyunnie is so shy." (teasing Seohyun)

SH: "I'm.. I'm just more private."

YH: "Haha.." (pinches Seohyun's nose)

SH: "Right, are you going to eat or not? Not hungry?" (continues to make food)

YH: "Yeah, but more hungry for your love... Hyunnie ah...I thought you were going to be so mad at me. I was so worried."

SH: "I could. But with this ring on my finger, I'm a trainee wife. I have to think for you."

(Yonghwa was touched by Seohyun's words)

YH: "No, you have the right to be angry with me. If you are angry with me, you can show it ok? I dont want you to keep it to yourself. You can show me your jealousy too. Don't hide."

SH: "Behaving like that will make me look bad."

YH: "Silly girl. I was wrong in the beginning. I should have just pushed her away but I didnt. That's how things became complicated."

SH: "Ah! Love pills, there's a bottle of love pills from her."

YH: "You saw it right, I knew it. My jaw dropped open when i saw it and I realized you must have seen it too. So i was waiting for you to ask but you didnt. And before i could do anything, the picture of me and Hannah in the park got ciruclated online."

SH: "I was giving you a chance to explain."

YH: "Thank you, Hyunnie. Your thoughts are really unique."

SH: "You are a lucky man."

YH: "Of course I know it. From now onwards, only you can get on top of me. No one else."

Seohyun's face blushed.

 

 

----

to be continued..