One month affair?

Fate will return you what you try to let go

For a month, rescue teams were not able to locate the missing flight 023I. On this secluded island, most of the debris have been washed up shore and on lucky days, camping tents, towels, cans of fruit jam, hot dogs, Pringles potato chips and drinks can be retrieved. Of course there were also some days where chunk of wires and metals appeared along the sea shore with oil  slick clearly visible under the strong sunlight. 

Yonghwa, Jungshin and Hannah's teamwork ensured they have enough to survive by stocking up whatever they have retrieved over the past month. On one lucky day, Jungshin discovered Yonghwa's handcarry bag which contained cookie tin, Mickey Mouse first aid kit, hand phone and notebook soaked in sea water. But after placing the items under the sun, the items became usable, except the hand phone. The three also took turn to watch out for rescuers and ensure their surrounding is safe, at least one person has to be up at any one time.

Hannah: "Aw... Mickey Mouse! I like that, can I have it Yonghwa oppa?"

YH: " Oh, Hannah.. This? It's a gift from my friend. I'm sorry but I have to keep it."

JS: "A very special friend, Hyung." 

Hannah: "Really? Is it from a girl? Yonghwa oppa are you single?"

Yonghwa didn't feel comfortable to talk about Seohyun to an outsider yet hence he told Hannah that he's still single but he has someone in mind already. Hannah was a little jealous when Yonghwa told her that he liked someone else. Over the month, Hannah has grown attached to Yonghwa and he has inspired her to live well since after the crash. She knew that she has fallen for Yonghwa but since he has someone in mind already, would it be ok if she continued to like him? Hannah thought about confessing her love to Yonghwa and that night would be ideal as she normally stays up with Yonghwa when Jungshin falls asleep. 

At around 2 in the morning...

JS: "I'll go sleep first, I can hardly open my eyes.

YH: "Jungshin ah, Get some rest.. I'll stay up first and you'll take over later. Hannah, you should sleep first as well."

Hannah: "I'm not tired, I'll stay up with you oppa."

YH: "If you don't feel comfortable sharing the mat with Jungshin, you can have the whole mat and he can sleep elsewhere."

Hannah: "Can I share with you?" (Whispers into Yonghwa's ear)

YH: "Hannah.. Stop playing a fool." 

Hannah: "Haha.. Just kidding."

After a few hours, Hannah could hear Jungshin's snore from a distance. She was hesitating whether to confess her love to Yonghwa. Just then, Yonghwa lied down on the sandy shore and looked up to the stars in the sky. Hannah joined him as they talked about their family, friends and school life. While the topic on family is brought up, Hannah was reminded of her parent's death in LA. She shared with Yonghwa the ordeal she went through and how desperate she wanted to end her life. As she started to tear, Yonghwa puts his arms around Hannah's shoulder to comfort her and apologize for bringing up her family story. Hannah reached out for Yonghwa and and hugged him tightly. Before Yonghwa could react, Hannah pushed Yonghwa and lay him down. She went on top of Yonghwa with his legs between hers and started kissing him on his neck. Yonghwa was having mixed feelings and he laid motionlessly trying to digest what was happening. He felt pitiful for Hannah and wanted to comfort her but yet he knew that he shouldn't be doing this. Fortunately, Jungshin woke up at that moment but he was in complete shock to witness everything. He quickly thought of a way to interrupt by pretending to cough and clear his throat.

Hannah quickly rolled to her side and pretended to be just lying side by side with Yonghwa. Jungshin then took over the night duty and sat beside Yonghwa. 

JS: "Hyung, what are the 2 of you doing?"

YH: "You saw? It's not like that, she's just sad and she needed comfort because we were talking about family and it made her upset."

JS: "and she has to go on top of you and kiss you?"

YH: "I guess she's just confused."

JS:  "Is she confused or you? Hyung, Seohyun will be so upset if she knows about it."

YH: "Right, I should have just pushed her away." 

JS: "Don't you miss Seohyun? I bet she must have cried every night, not knowing that someone else was kissing you all over. "

YH: "Ok, I understand."

 

The following morning, Yonghwa had a word with Hannah. He told her that he would pretend that nothing happened last night but warned Hannah not to do that again as it doesn't reflect good on her. Hannah was upset after hearing Yonghwa's words and ran into the woods.

By evening, Hannah wasn't back yet and both Yonghwa and Jungshin began to panic. They hurried into the woods before darkness falls and shouted for Hannah everywhere. After a 20min search, they heard Hannnah's cries. She must have ran and tripped over and she fell on her front. Hannah couldn't walk due to a sprained ankle and Yonghwa piggybacked her to their resting place. Hannah hugged Yonghwa on his back and he could feel Hannah's tears dripping and wetting his top. 

In order to make Hannah feel better, Yonghwa gave her the Mickey Mouse first aid kit and applied ointment on her forehead for her. Thanks to the waterproof packaging, the Mickey Mouse bandages could still be used. Hannah felt much better after receiving the gift and eventually turned in early to sleep.

Soft hearted Yonghwa, will he be able to reject Hannah's love?

---

to be continued