Bad then good news..

Fate will return you what you try to let go

On a recent episode of Star King, Yonghwa was being asked by the MC whether he was coping well with his married life. When that episode was aired, many people commented that Yonghwa looked so in love. His eyes were sparkly and when he talked about Seohyun, he was smiling and one could see how proud he was to have married Seohyun.

Another MC then about making a baby and Yonghwa became shy. Many seniors in the studio also offered advice for him and they hope to hear some good news from him soon.

After the interview, the other members brought up the issue on babies as well. It was pretty awkward to talk about the topic as Yonghwa respected Seohyun's privacy. Although Yonghwa was close to the members, he hardly share with them what Seohyun and him normally do or spill secrets about her. Some guys shared that among their friends but Yonghwa never did. Occasionally he would share a few jokes that happened to the couple or Seohyun but other than that, he usually keep his married life to himself.

MH: "Hyung, make a baby soon. I want to be his god father."

JH: "It wouldn't be too long right? (awkwardly)

JS: "When we get older, your child can take over you as lead singer, while the four of us sit down at the back and play our instruments. Haha.."

YH: "Good idea. Haha."

MH: "Are you guys planning already? This year? Next year?"

YH: "Minhyuk you sound like my mum suddenly."

MH: "Hyung is so happily married.. We are all happy for you. We will be even happier to see you with a kid soon."

JH: "Recently Jungshin seemed to be dating, luckily there's Minhyuk at home, or I will end up looking for a girl to get married too."

YH: "Jungshin dating?"

JS: "No.. Just a friend. A girl I met at the pet grooming salon. She takes good care of Simba."

YH: "Jungshin ah, you're the youngest. So you can't get attached before Jonghyun and Minhyuk. There's a hierarchy you know." (Teasing JS)

JS: "It won't happen.. Yet."

The members enjoyed talking to each other and even for a short ride home, they always come out with interesting things to discuss.

At home, Yonghwa shared with Seohyun about the filming earlier and how everyone was so interested to find out whether they have plans to have a kid soon. The couple have been trying for a baby few months now and Seohyun hasn't manage to conceive. The couple was definitely not in a rush to have a baby, but they intend to let nature take its course. At the start of the marriage, Seohyun was constantly thinking about birth control. And now, she thought that she wanted a baby but is finding it hard to conceive. However, the couple made out regularly and at this rate, it won't take them long to have a child.

Also, as SNSD was planning for a comeback soon, Seohyun was busy preparing with her unnies. They had to film the new MVs as well as to go on shows to promote their songs. Right after SNSD's comeback show, CNBlue will also be preparing for their comeback, followed by concert tours. The next few months will be hectic for the couple but they never fail to encourage each other through phone calls or text messaging.

One evening, Jungshin and Minhyuk have their own schedule while Yonghwa was having dinner with Jonghyun at a nearby restaurant. He received a call from Seohyun's manager. Apparently during a rehearsal, a gust of wind caused the back drop to fall and Seohyun tripped over and fell off the stage.

After the phone call, Yonghwa and Jonghyun rushed to the hospital where a big crowd has already gathered outside. Reporters and fans  were snapping photos of them as they walked from the carpark to the ward. The appearance of Yonghwa and Jonghyun at the hospital suggested to many that Seohyun could be hurt badly and news about Seohyun's injury spread like virus.

Yonghwa met up with Seohyun's manager and got to know that she was unconscious when brought to the hospital. According to Taeyeon, Seohyun slipped as she stepped over the backdrop and fell off the stage. It was unsure whether she hit her head during the fall. Jonghyun was assuring Yonghwa that Seohyun will be fine as he saw the worried look on Yonghwa's face. While waiting for the doctors to further assess Sephyun's condition, Yonghwa called his in law and told them that he would update them once he gets to see Seohyun.

The hospital was packed with patients as night falls and the waiting time was made longer too. After waiting for 4 hours, finally the nurse informed that Seohyun required admission and has been transferred to a ward in the private suite.

Yonghwa and Jonghyun were the first to be in the room to see Seohyun. She was looking pale and had bruises and cuts on her arm as well as an open wound on her head. The doctor however, assured Yonghwa that the wounds appeared to be superficial, but to be on a safe side, he recommends to get Seohyun do an X-ray of her skull. Jonghyun then went to get some water in the small pantry inside the suite when a nurse came in and saw Yonghwa.

Nurse: "Hi Mr Jung, have you decided whether to do an X-ray for your wife?"

YH: "Oh yes, please do so."

Nurse: "Before we do the test, may I check whether Mrs Jung is pregnant or whether there is possibility that she could get pregnant?"

YH: "Erm... She's not pregnant. But we.. You know.. we have been.. trying." (embarrassed)

Nurse: "Oh, in this case, we will need to do a pregnancy test first before we can proceed with the X-ray. We will draw some blood sample from her and the results will be known in a while"

YH: "Ok.. Please be careful with her and don't hurt her. Thank you."

After the nurse has drawn some blood from Seohyun, Jonghyun came back with the flask and glass and looked awkward. He has overheard the conversation between Yonghwa and the nurse.

JH: "Sorry, I overheard." (laughing)

YH: "Ah, seriously. You better keep it to yourself."

JH: "It's good thing, you are already married, what's there to be embarrassed about, hyung?"

YH: "For me it's ok, but it wouldn't look good for Seohyun"

JH: "Ahh... I see."

Yonghwa stood up and moved closer to Seohyun, his heart ached when he saw the bandage on her head and all the bruises and wounds she sustained from the fall. He was calling out for her and holding her hand, wondering when she would get up to tell him she's feeling fine. Red blood patch could be seen from the injury site and Yonghwa couldn't even look at it for a second more. It was too painful for him.

About an hour passed and when no one came in to check with Seohyun, Yonghwa approached one of the nurses outside the room to find out whether an X-ray has been requested and whether Seohyun should be waking up soon from the anaesthesia.

Nurse: "Sorry, Mr Jung, we are running a second test for your wife as the first test suggests that she could be pregnant. But because during early pregnancy, the amount of hCg in her body may not be significant enough to conclude. We apologize for the wait."

Yonghwa's mind went blank after he heard that they were redoing the test to confirm her pregnancy. As he walked back into the room, Jonghyun called out for Yonghwa as Seohyun slowly came to senses. Yonghwa hurried over and saw Seohyun opened her eyes. She was complaining that her head hurts. Yonghwa assured her that the nurses will check on her soon and held on her hands tightly. Just then, the nurses and doctor came in looking worried and requested the two guys to wait outside while they do another assessment on Seohyun.

Yonghwa could see that the doctor and nurses were in a rush and they were busy setting up the machines next to her bed.

After about 15 minutes, the nurse summoned for Yonghwa in and showed him the little dot on the screen of the ultrasound machine.

Nurse: "Because we didn't receive information that Mrs Jung was pregnant, we did not check on the foetus earlier on. We did two pregnancy blood test and both results came back positive. As she had a bad fall, we had to immediately check that the foetus heart beat is still there. Can you see the foetus on the screen? Congratulations Mr and Mrs Jung."

YH: "Seohyun is pregnant?"

Nurse: "Yes, very early in the pregnancy, but should be about 5 weeks pregnant."

SH: "But I had my period a few weeks ago?"

Nurse: "What you experienced earlier could be bleeding, which is very common especially during early pregnancy."

YH: "So this little thing there, it's ok and healthy? Have you done a thorough check?"

Nurse: "Yes, we've checked the hormone levels and at this moment, foetus seems to be developing well. But because Mrs Jung is pregnant, we will not do an X-ray for her. She would need to be hospitalized for a few days for further observation."

YH: "Ok, thank you very much. Please take good care of Seohyun. I'd appreciate it."

Yonghwa gave Seohyun a little hug, being careful not to hurt her. Although he was happy to receive the good news, he was also worried for Seohyun's injuries, especially the one she sustained on her head.

YH: "Hyunnie, are you feeling ok? Why so careless... Do you know how worried I was?"

SH: "Yong..." (sob sob sob)

YH: "Hyun, what's wrong, hush hush, feeling unwell somewhere?"

Just then, Jonghyun walked in and was shocked also to see Seohyun sobbing.

JH: "Seohyun, what happened to you?"

(Seohyun continues sobbing)

YH: "Is it painful? Your head?"

JH: "I'll call the nurses.."

SH: "No.. It's not that. Just just.. Very hurting."

YH: "Hurting where?"

SH: "I didn't even know that I was pregnant. I didn't take extra care and even fell off the stage with it. It must have been traumatizing for the baby."

JH: "You're pregnant? (puzzled)

YH: "Yes. The doctor has confirmed."

JH: "Really? Is everything ok then? Seohyun ah, you have to be strong. Cheer up, it's not your fault."

SH: "But I recalled landing so hard on the ground, I could have lost it.."

YH: "Hyunnie..." (Hugged Seohyun tightly)

SH: "I was so scared, I was worried that they couldn't detect the heartbeat. My head didn't hurt anymore, my heart felt more painful than anything."

YH: "Right.. You must have felt scared. But it's ok, baby's fine now. It's your turn now to recover soon."

JH: "Fighting, Seohyun. Fighting baby."

Yonghwa stayed by Seohyun's side for the rest of the night while Jonghyun headed home to share the news with the other members. The members were in mixed emotions as they were concerned about Seohyun's health as well and hoped that she will recover in no time. It wasnt the best situation to share  a good news but eeryone was hopeful that Seohyun will be back to herself soon and the baby will also be healthy and continue to grow well inside Seohyun's tummy.

Back in the hospital, Yonghwa has requested the hospital not to reveal Seohyun's pregnancy which may cause unnecessary attention and stress to her. Yonghwa slept on the sofa beside Seohyun's bed and woke up every hour or so to check on her to ensure she does not develop fever or any discomfort over time. Meanwhile, Yonghwa took the time to reply text to his friends and colleagues who have heard of Seohyun's injury and thanked them for the concern. He also called his mum and in laws and shared that Seohyun is currently under observation and because of the wound on her head and the pregnancy, she has to be hospitalized for a couple more days.

 

----

to be continued...