Meet the parents session

Fate will return you what you try to let go

Yonghwa was feeling nervous as his parents will be flying in from Busan to Seoul today to meet up with Seohyun's parents. It would be the first time that the in-laws-to-be are meeting to discuss about their wedding. On the other hand, Seohyun was feeling excited as she hasn't met up with Yonghwa's parents for months and missed them very much.

Seohyun accompanied Yonghwa to the airport to fetch her future in laws and while waiting for them, she began practising her busan dialect as she knew that her future mum-in-law loved it when she speaks like one of them. "Enough, enough... You're good already!" Yonghwa teasing Seohyun in his busan dialect.

When Yonghwa's parents walked out from the arrival hall, Seohyun quickly helped her future mum-in-law with her bags while Yonghwa took care of the luggages. Seohyun proudly greeted her future in-laws in busan dialect that made them smile from ear to ear. "It's been so long, Hyun ah." Yonghwa's mum exclaimed and locked her arm with Seohyun's. Yonghwa and his dad walked behind the two ladies and asked about each other's well being. Even Yonghwa became an SNSD fan because of Seohyun and he constantly reminded him to take good care of Seohyun and not do anything to upset her. Sometimes Yonghwa does get jealous when everyone around him cares about Seohyun more than him. Even his family members are on Seohyun's side.

YH: "We'll go back to our dorm first. The younger brothers have already prepared lunch. Seohyun needs to go back home to prepare for the dinner tonight as well."

YH's mum & dad: "How nice of them."

YH's mum: "Hyun, did Yonghwa treat you well? You have to tell me if he doesn't."

SH: "Yes, he has been good to me."

YH's dad: "I never expected him to get married before he turns 30. But if it's Seohyun, i will support him."

YH: "What a change of heart, Appa. Omma and you would always remind me to stay focused on my work first before starting a relationship. But after meeting Seohyun, both of you changed."

YH's mum: "Yonghwa, do you want her to get snatched away? Hyun is so bright and pretty, every mother's first choice of daughter-in-law. While stock lasts."

SH: "Ah, it's so funny..."

Everyone was chatting happily on the van while on the way back to the dorm. Yonghwa's parents were very happy to have Seohyun into the family as she was a very honest, down to earth and caring girl. Yonghwa's mum mentioned before that both Yonghwa's and her personalities matched and that they would make a good husband and wife. No doubt that Yonghwa's mum has been tell Yonghwa to get married later, but she knew that Seohyun was different. She inspired him to be a better person and since Yonghwa met her, he has grown up and learnt alot of positive traits from Seohyun.

SH: "I'll make a move first, and see you all later." (Seohyun bowed to Yonghwa's parents)

YH: "Be careful ok, stop looking at your phone while walking."

YH's mum: "Ah, our Yonghwa has learnt to be so caring towards others. It's making omma jealous."

Yonghwa laughed when he heard his mum's complaint and put his arms around her shoulders. He promised his mum that he will care for her as much than before as well.

After the lunch prepared by the younger brothers, Yonghwa's parents rested and waited for evening to meet up with Seohyun's parents. They have prepared gifts for the future in laws and even bought some tonics for them.

When it was time for dinner, Yonghwa went over Seohyun's place with his parents and the gifts that they have brought. Yonghwa's mum was as elegant as always and his dad was also dressed up nicely in shirt and blazer. Seohyun's parents invited them in warmly and both families have finally met to officially discuss about the wedding. As Seohyun and Yonghwa's parents were very easy going and polite, they got along well after a short introduction. Both parents were thankful for each others' upbringing and expressed their happiness towards the marriage.

SH's mum: "Yonghwa's mum, please take good care of our Seohyun. She is still very young, so please excuse her if she has done anything that wasn't up to your expectation"

YH's mum: "Oh, please, Seohyun's mum. Please do not say that. Our Yonghwa is a kid himself and Seohyun has done well to take care of him too."

After a short conversation, the two families, who will soon become one, went off to the restaurant where Yonghwa has made a reservation. Throughout the dinner, the parents shared how Yonghwa and Seohyun were like when they were young and the worries they all share since the couple entered the entertainment industry at a young age. The parents were able to relate to one another and were happy to be talking about the kind of challenges all parents have to face to deal with their stardom. Yonghwa and Seohyun were glad that the meeting between their parents went well and they have agreed to hold their wedding the following year. 

YH's dad: "We are happy that Seohyun's mum and dad have approved to this marriage and please do let us know if you have any request, we will try our best to fulfill your wish. To have Yonghwa marrying Seohyun, is like us having another daughter of our own. We will treat her very well."

Seohyun's parents felt assured that Seohyun would be loved and be well taken care of by the Jungs and they hope that Seohyun will be a good wife and daughter-in-law to them too.

After dinner, Yonghwa drove his parents to a hotel and told them to have a good rest. Yonghwa informed his parents that they will come pick them up again the next day to go shopping and spa. While back in the van, Seohyun's dad, who doted on her alot, told Yonghwa that Seohyun is like a precious gem to him. She has always wanted her to be a good natured person and taught her many life values. But because of her good nature, Seohyun hardly expresses her feelings well when she feels unfair or unwell. Yonghwa agreed wholeheartedly but he promised that he will work harder to understand her better.

Once they reached the villa complex, Seohyun's parents decided to head back home first, leaving the couple on their own to spend some time by themselves. 

YH: "Everyone is so fond of you, Hyun."

SH: "Really? My parents like you alot too."

YH: "Not just my parents, even Jungshin ah, Minhyuk ah, Jonghyun ah, they always sided with you."

SH: "Oh yes, they are all very nice to me all the time, especially Jonghyun oppa. He took good care of me especially during the time when we were waiting for your news. If you didn't make it back, i think I would have married him." (Yonghwa looked at Seohyun and pouted.)

YH: "How could you say things like that, Hyunnie.. I'm going to kill Jonghyun tonight." (jokingly)

SH: "Haha, I will never do that. You know me. I cried and cried everyday, there's only one thing in my mind that can comfort me - to be able to see you again."

YH: "Woh, are you confessing your love to me again?"

SH: "What? I'm just being honest."

YH: "Yeah i know... I am honestly very thankful to you too."

SH: "Yes you should be."

YH: "Come, let's go to my place. We need to plan for the wedding venue, guest list and photography etc."

The members were glad to welcome the couple home and as they sat around in the living room, they asked if the meeting with the parents went well. Yonghwa was glad that both families are happy and got along very well with each other. Then, they moved on to the planning of their wedding. The members threw in many ideas on how to make the wedding fun and memorable. Everyone agreed that Seohyun looks like a princess and Yonghwa should dressed up like her prince charming. Seohyun however wanted Yonghwa to be wearing light pink suit on the wedding day. "Like CNPink in the sony ericsson's CF?" Yonghwa's face turned worried. The other members were secretly laughing until Seohyun said, "Ah, Yonghwa's the groom, he should be in white. The best men will wear pink then." All eyes were on Seohyun as only Yonghwa had the last laugh. The discussion went on through the night and eventually, they shortlisted a few grand venues in Seoul and also selected a few dates, which were to be discussed with their parents. 

 

----

to be continued..