Overprotective

Chenlay drabbles

Based on Xiuchen's brotherly relationship and how protective Minseok is over his little sister. 


"What the !?" Minseok shouted as he entered the living room.

Jongdae and Yixing started from their kiss and leapt apart to opposite ends of the sofa.

Luhan almost ran into a furious Minseok as he rushed to see what the commotion was. "What's going on Minseok?"

"Why don't we ask Yixing?" Minseok gritted out.

Yixing swallowed. "Hyung-"

"How dare you take advantage of him!?" thundered Minseok.

"I wasn't-"

"Oh so this is how you 'teach' Jongdae Mandarin?"

"No I-"

Minseok raised a hand at Yixing, effectively silencing the boy, before turning to Jongdae. "Jongdae, I know you want to quickly fit it to our group but you owe Yixing nothing."

Jongdae gaped at him. "Hyung-"

"Shh, it's ok." He went over to the sofa and gently grabbed Jongdae's wrist before turning to Yixing. "I will deal with you later."

Yixing paled, trembling at the terrifying promise Minseok just made. Luhan just watched the entire event unfold with an open mouth.

Minseok ushered Jongdae into his room before closing the door. "Jongdae-"

"Minseok hyung, please listen to me." Jongdae said firmly. "Yixing hyung wasn't taking advantage of me."

"Yes he was-"

"Hyung! He really wasn't. You know Yixing hyung better than to assume he'd have some ulterior motives in helping me." Minseok grumbled but knew what Jongdae was saying was the truth. "It just happened, hyung. He's always around, he's always helping me with dance or Mandarin or generally keeping up with the group. He's sweet and kind and everything anyone could ever want in a partner. We kind of just fell in love and we wanted to keep things quiet for a while because we didn't know how the other members would react. And now I see I should have been more careful because it freaked you out so much."

"You two are in love?"

Jongdae smiled wistfully. "I'd like to think so, it's definitely a lot more than like. We haven't really talked about it, we're just taking things one day at a time, but I know the whole thing is mutual." Jongdae shuffled awkwardly. "You're not disgusted by this are you?"

Minseok was taken aback. "What? No! That's not why I was yelling. I'm not homophobic Jongdae, I'm just concerned that he may be taking advantage of you."

"He's not taking advantage of me hyung." He said exasperatedly. "I made the first move if you must know, we all know how dense Yixing hyung can be."

"So this is mutual?"

"Yes."

"And you're not doing this as some favour?"

"No."

"So you both genuinely like each other?"

"Yep."

"And you're happy?"

Jongdae flashed him a really big smile. "I am."

"Then I approve of this relationship. Stay here while I talk to Yixing."

Jongdae grabbed his arm. "Hyung, please don't be mean to Yixing."

Minseok shook him off gently. "I'm not going to be mean to him, I'm just going to talk to him."

Minseok ignored Jongdae's unconvinced look and walked out of his room. He found Luhan and Yixing conversing quickly in hushed Mandarin.

"Luhan I would like to speak to Yixing alone." he announced.

Luhan gave Yixing's shoulder a supportive squeeze before walking away, leaving a petrified Yixing on the sofa. Minseok walked over to him and roughly yanked him up by the collar until they were eye level with each other.

"If you hurt Jongdae," he said in a soft eerie tone. "I will hurt you Yixing, I will hurt you bad. Understand?"

 Yixing nodded vigorously. Minseok patted his cheek and let him go with a smile.

 

"Hyung! You said you wouldn't be mean!" Jongdae shouted his reprimand from the living room once he was allowed out of Minseok's room.

"I wasn't mean." Minseok shouted back. Luhan raised a brow at him. "What? I wasn't."

"It's ok, I'll just kiss him better." Jongdae said in a mischievous tone.

Minseok's eyes twitched and Luhan had to physically restrain him from running off to the living room. "There will be no more physical contact until marriage! No more kissing!"

"Too late!"

Another argument proceeded to break out in EXO-M's dorm.

 


Would anyone like some Chenlay prompts? I was looking through all the ideas I had written down and realised I would probably not get around writing them all because I won't have the time or the full plot. I'll post some of the prompts here tomorrow or in a few days. If you decide to use any of my prompts, just credit me for the prompt and maybe link me the story so I can read it.