Open Arms

Chenlay drabbles

Based on the fact that Chen always looks so content and happy hugging Lay or generally being in his arms. You just have to look at all the TLP in Japan to see all the hugging action happening. 


Jongdae woke with a start and slapped a hand across his mouth to prevent the scream that threatened to burst out of him. He frantically looked around just to make sure he was in his room and sure enough, Suho, Sehun and Tao were sprawled across the room from him. Suho was buried in the maknaes' long limbs but strangely he had a content look on his face. Jongdae let out a inaudible sigh of relief before flinging the cover off of him and picking up his teddy bear. His phone read 4:42am and he realised he hadn't even been granted 2 hours of sleep. Quietly, he got up from bed and padded out of their shared room.

Nightmares were nothing new to Jongdae. Being on a hectic schedule with a poor diet and poorer sleeping conditions, they became a part of his daily life. They just became worse and more frequent when he was super stress. So when it was officially announced that Luhan was leaving EXO, no one was surprised but it was still a big blow to them all, Jongdae was already mentally preparing himself for the nightmares.

Everyone was dealing with the news differently. Jongdae was going around trying to cheer everyone up. Minseok was putting up a brave facade but his eyes betrayed his inner fears. They had all expected Yixing to be a crying mess like he was when Kris had left them but he was very calm and collected about the whole thing and went around comforting other members. Tao had clung on to Sehun and Suho and had refused to leave their side.

The rest of EXO-K were dealing with the news badly and Jongdae was trying very hard not to resent them. Resentment was not needed right now, especially at a time where they needed to stick together. Jongdae kept repeating that in his head over and over again but the whole situation just wasn't fair. He resented the fact that EXO-K were more promoted than EXO-M. The fact that EXO-K would get more activities and opportunities than them. More importantly, the fact that EXO-K had all their members. Sure EXO-K were devastated when 2 members left but that was nothing compared to what the remaining EXO-M members felt. Jongdae tried to shake off the feeling. He put the hatred down to lack of sleep, stress and nightmares.

He stopped outside the room he was looking for, knocked twice before entering. The curtains were open providing dim illumination for the room. Jongdae could barely see a figure slowly sitting up on bed. He felt wet spots appear on the t-shirt he was wearing and realised then that he was crying.

"Jongdae?" Yixing said groggily.

Yixing sleepily rubbed his eyes before noticing that Jongdae was crying. He opened his arms wide. Jongdae all but rushed to plant himself on Yixing's lap, crudely dumping his teddy bear at the end of the bed before cocooning himself in Yixing's strong arms. Yixing's arms was Jongdae's secret happy place, he always felt safe, secure and protected in them.

"I'm scared ge." he sniffled.

Yixing gently rested his head on top of Jongdae's. He rubbed soothing circles on his back with on hand and with the other, he began carding through Jongdae's locks.

"Did you have a nightmare?" he asked softly.

Jongdae nodded, only marginally aware that he was getting Yixing's thin tank top wet.

"Want to talk about it?"

Jongdae shook his head. "Not right now." he hiccupped.

Yixing sighed but didn't force him. "Why didn't you sleep with me? You knew you were going to nightmares today or tonight rather."

"Because you choose to sleep in Yifan ge and Lu Han ge's old room and we thought that meant you wanted to be left alone and that's why no one's disturbed you."

Yixing chuckled. "I thought that was strange." He began manoeuvring them into a laying down position.

"What are you doing?"

Yixing raised a brow. "It's called laying down. People do it to sleep."

Jongdae lightly hit him. "I know what it is! Why am I laying down too?"

"Because you're going to sleep with me."

Jongdae made to get up but Yixing just tightened his hold. "Ge no-"

"Shh Jongdae-ya, listen to your ge." Yixing sat up to grab Jongdae's teddy. "Here, hold him or he'll get nightmares too."

Jongdae laughed but did as instructed. Yixing then brought their bodies closer so that the bear was squashed between them, he tangled their legs together, tucked Jongdae's head close to his chest, pressed a quick kiss on the top of his head and began singing an old Chinese lullaby that his mother would sing him whenever he couldn't sleep. Soon enough, Jongdae had fallen into peaceful sleep and Yixing followed.

 


Anyway, it's kind of sad because I'm still recovering from an illness and my happy meter is at a low. I feel like I can only write poop nowadays. Maybe because I feel like poop.