Innocence

Chenlay drabbles

Based on a fancam(3:15) of Jongdae gathering confetti and blowing it with Yixing looking at him like he is the most precious thing on the planet. I think it was after a growl performance, they had their growl outfits on. 


"Gege, Xing, hyung, ge, ge, ge, Yixing, jagiya, hyung!" Jongdae gently shook Yixing awake.

Yixing squinted at the alarm clock next to their bed and saw that it was 1:47am. He turned over and ignored Jongdae.

"Xing, Xing, hyung, gege, ge, ge, hyung, jagi, hyung!" Jongdae shook him insistently.

Knowing that he wouldn't be receiving anymore sleep unless he answered the younger, Yixing gingerly sat up and gave him a disapproving look to make sure he knows that he doesn't appreciate being awake so early.

"What is it Jongdae?" Yixing croaked.

Jongdae laughed at his boyfriend's scratchy voice. "It's the first snow of the year!"

Yixing gave him a are-you-kidding-me look and flopped down onto the bed.

But Jongdae was stubborn and began to shake his boyfriend again. "Xing, please come with me to the roof. We never get to play in the snow anymore."

"There's a good reason for that." Yixing mumbled under the covers. "We can't afford to get sick."

Jongdae ripped the cover off of him and pouted in his face. "Pleeeeaaassseeeee!"

Yixing relented, he could never resist Jongdae's pout. "Fine but-"

"Yay!!!"

And with that Jongdae rushed out of the room. It only took a second for Yixing to race out of bed and grab both of their coats because he knew that Jongdae would be in a hurry and would completely disregard his health.

Jongdae already had his shoes on by the time Yixing had caught up to him. "Race you to the roof."

"Jongdae, please put-"

But Jongdae was already out of the door, melodic laughter followed in his wake as he rushed to the roof. Yixing sighed and put on his shoes as fast as he could before hurrying after him.

When Yixing finally arrived on the roof, Jongdae was spinning in circles trying to catch snowflakes with his tongue. This gave Yixing a chance to stare at his boyfriend with unbridled adoration. He had the most content and happy look on his face and it just melted Yixing's heart. He always wondered how an adult could look and act so innocent. Jongdae skipped up to him with the biggest smile on his face, a smile Yixing hadn't seen in a while.

"You dummy, you forgot your coat." Yixing chided as he tried to wrap the coat around Jongdae's shoulders.

Jongdae winked and tried to burrow himself between Yixing and his coat. "Or did I do that on purpose to make sure you followed me?"

Yixing took it all back. His boyfriend wasn't innocent, he was cunning. None the less, he allowed Jongdae to snuggle into him and held Jongdae's coat securely to his body so that he'd feel minimal chill.

"Let's make a wish Yixing." Jongdae proposed suddenly.

"I don't think snow grants wishes, I think it's shooting stars."

"Nooooo." he whined. "Remember in our miracles in December mv, Minseok hyung made it snow because he hoped/wished his girlfriend would show up? It's snowing so why don't we do the same."

Yixing wanted to point out that a) it was an mv, therefore not real and b) even though it was snowing, Minseok's girlfriend didn't show up so the snow didn't help. But he was cold and he hoped that after this he could coax Jongdae into coming back to their warm bed.

"Alright fine."

Jongdae did a little happy dance before tightly screwing his eyes shut. Yixing smiled at his antics and shut his eyes too.

I wish that Jongdae will never let go of his innocence and be happy always.

When Yixing was finished, he opened his eyes and saw that Jongdae had yet to open his. Jongdae looked truly beautiful like this; snow stuck in his bed head, a little crinkle in his brows from concentration and his long lashes caressing his coloured cheeks. Yixing leaned down and pressed his lips softly to Jongdae's, and instead of complaining about it like Yixing had anticipated, Jongdae reciprocated equally as softly.

"I love you." Jongdae whispered earnestly as he pulled away from their kiss.

"I love you too." Yixing brushed his thumb across Jongdae's frozen cheeks and leaned down to steal another icy warm kiss. 

 



So I remembered it was Valentine's day and I was like "I need to write something for my OTP", so this is what happened. Happy Valentine's Day to all of those who celebrate it. And thank you all who gave me positive messages about getting better, I'm slowly getting there.