The Last Dinner

THE RUNAWAY BRIDE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hi ....
Glad to meet you again
As I've promised, I will continue this long overdue story .
Sorry if I couldn't  immediately post Runaway Bride.
Many things to do, and from where I was, to open AFF very difficult. Perhaps because the network is often disrupted.
I hope your patience  for waiting it, didn't make you bored and leave this story.
Lets see the story of  Min-Sul's friendship .... where this will lead to ?
Happy reading :)

 
 

 

 

As Choi Minho said  at the end of their togetherness that night, the next day he appeared in her office, right at the time of her time to go home. With an innocent smile and natural attitude, he stands at the side of the car that parked in the usual places.

"I'm really tired, Minho. I'm sorry I can’t fulfill your dinner invitation. "

"Don’t you enjoy your job?"

"You mean?"

"People who didn’t enjoy their  job, will  always feel tired after."

Sulli shook her head and smiled slightly.

"If you asked me if I liked my job or not, then the answer is" Yes, I like it. " But that doesn't mean I can’t be tired with my work."

"Does your office absorb your energy so much  , Jinri-ah?"

"Not. Of course not ...  I received a well-deserved reward for what I do. "Sulli replied quickly," But today is different. So I wanna go home and get rest. Out for dinner might be the last option I wanna do. "

 

Choi Minho straightened up, his eyes staring fixedly on Sulli face. He let Sulli answers several greetings from another employees who one by one have left the parking lot.

"Although tonight is the last night of your best friend in New York ?" He pleaded, it made Sulli panic

"What‘s that mean ? As fast as that? Didn’t you say would stay here any longer for you still have a lot of work to do,  here ? How about to lease a warehouse? How about import settings, or tax administration ? "

"Everything has been resolved. And ten minutes ago I had seen the items shipped and how it’s stored in a warehouse. I checked the temperature, humidity, quality of flapping. So for New York, we already have the standards of  quality ... both the place and the type of goods. And my brother, Siwon hyung, has sent two people to oversee the warehouse and the distribution processes. My job here is done. "

"Oh well, congratulations then." Sulli said flatly, don’t know why there is pain in the pit of her stomach as she said that

"My plane will take off at 09.00 am tomorrow morning. If you can’t  dinner outside ... how about we have dinner in your apartment alone. Didn’t you say that your room mates go to Miami? "

"But ... I didn’t prepare anything in my apartment ..."

"No problem. We buy food here and bring it home  . I promise I won’t take much time from you .... Only a farewell dinner? "

Sulli looks at his pleading face in front of her with a sweet smile , hard to believe that she could be tempted to agree. But once again, she had no good reason to reject the invitation of a friend who in fact is going to leave the city where his sojourn. Does she has a heart to reject ?

That pathetic face  !!

"Oh ... okay. We had dinner at my apartment. This is simply because you will leave New York tomorrow. "

 

 

Finally they spend time till past midnight. Sharing food, sodas, snacks, and stories of childhood. Together laughing and hurling taunts and compliments. Really dinner full of friendship and excitement. More giving and receiving,and knowing each other..

 

"Maybe this is the longest dinner  in history   ..." said Sulli  while accompany Choi Minho towards the elevator located ten steps from the door of his apartment.

" Right , the longest dinner which feels very brief. Forgive me, because my existence ...   you couldn't  get rest. "His voice was apologetic.

"No need to apologize, because ... well ... you know, I really enjoyed it. I couldn' remember the last time can speak as freely and so intimate with someone ... Maybe in junior high or high school ... ... I don't know! " Sulli said with a satisfied smile

"I also  enjoyed it. Thanks Sulli ... aah sorry, Jinri-ah. You made my first visit to New York really colored .. "

"Nothing that I did for you ..."

"Maybe it was not much that you did for me. But with that little to you , I get a lot .... Even too much! Thank you ... friend? "

Choi Minho held out his hand.

"Friends !!" said Sulli, receive his helping hand.

 

"I'll call you in my visits to other cities. It will not be as easy there. Wish me luck! "Minho said without releasing his grip.

"Yeah ... of course, wish the best for you." Answer Sulli, began to feel awkward.

"The best also for you, Jinri ..." Choi Minho bring Sulli's hands to his lips.

"Well, I'm going back to the hotel. Now go  to your apartment first, then  I'll go to the elevator. "

"Oh..hahaha    Minho, this is my domain. Go to the elevator, I'll go into my apartment safely. "Answer Sulli with nervous  when she  realized  her heart  pounding crazily  of his light touch  

"Not !  A man of Jeju will not do that. Turn around and go to your apartment. "

"Minho ... this is America."

"And the man who stands   in front of you is a man of Jeju. You can make us stand in front of the elevator all night if still hard-hearted. "

"Oh okay ... okay. Glad  to be your friend, Choi Minho. "

"Cheonma, pal !!"

 

Sulli laugh  silently, then turned and left Choi Minho who stood in front of the elevator . Once she  arrive to the apartment door, Sulli turned around and was disappointed that Choi Minho is no longer standing there. Apparently, he took the opportunity to escape behind her back.

There is a sense of disappointment and amused at the same time.

Sulli shook her head, then opened her apartment door.

Once the apartment door closed behind her, She was like to lose her sense of humor.

She's like  felt of emptiness in her apartment.

And She realized, would not meet Choi Minho again  .... ,who knows, for how long time.

 

 

 

 

After the departure of Choi Minho. Days back as usual. Sulli back on her routine pretty busy. Or did she deliberately kept herself busy? She do not know ...
What is clear, a few days later she couldn't completely erase her brevity memories   with Choi Minho. Too cute ... yes, the memories too sweet  to be removed quickly from memory. And her efforts in that direction was almost non-existent.

Two weeks after his departure, Choi Minho kept his promise to call. As school children who lost her best friend for so long, Sulli very enthusiastic in telling and describe all activities. And it seems Choi Minho listened patiently, before then he tells of his  visit.
After the first phone, Choi Minho contacted back several times. Till Sulli thinking that there is no single day  which passes without his phone. But three weeks later his phone was stopped.

Sulli tried to harden herself and say that the long-distance friendship will never succeed, whatever the reason. She began to believe that her friendship with Minho would not be as successful as her mother and father ever said.

 

Finally She gave up, and began to force herself to believe that all her adventures with Choi Minho was only apparent adventure. Because basically, she didn't go anywhere other than where she is now ... but the man has crossed the globe in a few weeks. It clearly shows a clear gap between them. She would never allow herself to be able to go to the land of her ancestors, and Choi Minho in reality will never be able to leave their ancestral lands. Indeed contrast, isn't it?

Over time, Sulli is trying to shift focus to job back. Much has to be faced, including the preparation for the rolling position  in the company , that  usually happen the middle of the year. With the  passion that somehow got out of nowhere, she began designing a marketing concept learned from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter