The Statue Of Greek Deity

THE RUNAWAY BRIDE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

The thick snow  looked covering the earth and the wind blow pretty strong in the darkness of night in early January. Even so, New York still looks sparkling as scenery from the grandeur of the hotel on Park Avenue. There is a security at the entrance who block  Sulli's step, so Sulli was forced to pull out her ID card, and handed it with a sense of pride in her heart.

 

"Choi Sulli, advertising management. First class. "

 

Sulli nods with a smile on her lips. Yes, She should be proud because after a long struggle, She finally elected to the only one among 250 applicants who qualify for the job at there . And now She is in the position of the first class to be jobholder at the luxurious and prestigious hotel in downtown New York. With a very different appearance in the midst of people skinned and blue-eyed Caucasians, it's a brilliant achievement. In addition to performance and achievements, She demanded to speak  English perfectly there.

Finally, the security  let her in,  he tipped his hat slightly.

Sulli push the button to get to the target level.  while looking her gold watches that wrapped around her hand, she sigh. There are five minutes faster than the specified time. In the middle of a snowy road trip made her a bit late, and she didn't used to  frivolous like this . Discipline is something to be proud of a Korean people in any country.

 

 

"I thought you are not going to come to attend the party, Sulli-ah."

Sulli glanced at her friend who came to welcome her as she entered the bustle room  . It's Krystal, her co-workers in the same division. They merge into the company at the same time, then became a roommate in the apartment. It was by chance, in the middle of the job competition of New York City there are two Koreans who became top performers in a large hotel in NYC. In addition their age difference is only a few months. Krystal younger than her.

"What about Washington?  you just came from there, right? "

"Yes I  do.  Supposedly from the airport I go  to my parents' house, but Mr. Delaney had called me and told me to come to the hotel. That's why I carry a suitcase here. "

Krystal pulls Sulli's hand toward the ladies' room.

"Keep your things in here, I'll ask Ed to keep watch. Now change your clothes and wear your best clothes. "

"Krys ... I went to Washington to work not for holiday. And I didn't bring a party dress in a business trip. "Sulli protest.

"You're five days there ... Was there no invitation for dinner at all ??" Krystal look at her eyes.

"Oh, all right ... but I had to see Mr. Delaney first. "

"Of course. He is in with a newly arrived guests. Hurry up,  while I fix my makeup. "

 

Krystal walks to the mirror and pull out the powder from the handbags She was carrying . She is one who has a perfect  body    ... almost perfect. Long hair nearly touching the waist. Beautiful body shape and a flat stomach.

While Sulli's body taller than Krystal. She has black shoulder-length hair , shiny , and thick. Pure white skin, almost pale but when exposed to light will look like reflecting light shimmering. At the age approaching 24, she reached a mature body growth and looked attractive. Her oriental face more visible than Krystal, and it often brings discomfort in her.

Although  New York is residence of people from various parts of the world, the differences still exist and felt by her. Sulli often think , if She was given the opportunity to choose then she wants to have the same skin with them ... and blue eyes. She  always interested in the blue eyes ... look alive !!

However, from experience live in New York, she got a natural skill to be able to make the people around her didn't care her oriental face. She tried to highlight the excess she has so that people will forget that she is a Korean.

Sulli pulls a maroon silk dress out and wear it with haste. Then She join with Krystal. Seeing her reflection at  the mirror she smiled satisfied. Maroon give emphasis on the skin so that her  white skin looks clean and radiant . A silver brooch into a sweetener that gives the impression of luxury in her appearance. She was thankful had brought this dress for dinner purposes that sometimes held during her business trip. After brushing her hair and put lipstick colored which matching  thinly , now she looks stunningly.

 

 

"Terrific." Krystal says, "Now let's go in and make the men unnerved."

"Did you ever think of anything other than a man?" Sulli giggled, nudging her friend's arm, "It should be the  business party  , Krys!"

"So what? I will take the opportunity to have fun a little. Is that against the law? "

Sulli rolled her eyes, "Whatever ..."

"Come on, we hunt the seductive men !"

 

 

Both stepped into a spacious room with large windows to the floor with luxurious curtains at the each sides. Several round tables neatly arranged. Some foods and beverages are  meet the tables.  And that very spacious room is already crowded with people.

All hotels officials are there, they talked to each other. Sulli's eyes searched until she see Jack Delaney , her direct supervisor,  which is known to be very disciplined but friendly and kind. The man raised his hand slightly beckoned her to closer . Sulli then walk through groups of person, to approach her boss.

"Well ... you've finally come." He said and smiles.

"My plane's departure was delayed because of thick snow. Sorry because I'm so la ... "

"It's okay. Tomorrow you tell me the results of your trip at the office. I've heard reports of your trip while you're there. Did you know there will be a party today? "

"I didn't. Before I go it seems here no party for this month. But I don't know, maybe the preparation of my trip to Washington had seized my attention until it escapes from my observations. "

" No you didn't. Nothing is escaped from you. It is indeed an impromptu party. Everything is done in just 24 hours. Nowadays oriental cuisine began to lively again because it believed more healthy and natural. Therefore we decided to make Korean restaurant in this hotel . And  here are present entrepreneurs at the  food sector associated with it, for future development. But, you'd better take a drink first ! Looks like you just arrived, right? "

Mr. Delaney turns to left  when there is someone  say hello. Sulli's take a glass of low alcohol content of wine and walks towards Robert, the executive director. He is talking to a handsome tall young man  and brown hair. From the way he stood, Sulli's guessed that the man was trying to be polite and listened with interest, despite the serious expression at his face was the opposite.

Robert turned when someone touched him from behind, then for  a moment  he disract his attention to the new arrivals. Looks like it's an opportunity for the young man to see left and right. When he turned to her, Sulli's could see his face well. Turns out he is not a native.

Their eyes met. His eyes are not blue reflects even more if he comes from a different continent. Which makes stunned is the funny flash in his eyes. It made Sulli's threw smile uninvited, and the young man breathed with conflate cheeks ... as signifying she was relieved that have come out of a pressure. This makes Sulli's smiled even wider.

Robert returned to talk to him, and Sulli's continued on her step..

."Mmm ... he is  y , huh?" Muttered Krystal who suddenly beside her.

"Who ?"

"You're still asking,   I saw you've been kept staring at him even smiled at him."

"I'm staring at  Robert." She said nervously.

"Hah !! Of course. Between Robert and the y men ... of course you're more concerned with Robert. " Krystal  snorting .

"You don't have to make this up, Krys ... y man! Seriously ... this is not a swimming pool! "

"Well, then ... atractive Man  ! It certainly sounds more polite to you. I saw he react to you, so use this opportunity to catch him ... if you really want him. "

"Aish ... I don't want him. Catch for yourself if you're tempted by him. " Said Sulli in uncertain tone.

"Ah, come on! His height might be about one eighty, and try to look his shoulders. Your parents need to make the door wider so that his shoulder can pass it. He has absolutely no fat on his body. Can you see it? His legs are long and slender, and a flat stomach ... well, if it's not  y .... Then you should check out your eyes. "

"You can't see his legs and even his belly., Kryst!"

"I do. Why don't you use your imagination. "Krystal replies with a giggle," I was just walking past him . And he glanced at me ... uhhh ...! "

"It looks like  he will glance at every object who wearing skirts .." Sulli said sarcastically.

"Wow, you notice it apparently!" Krystal said sinically, "You should also see a flash in his sharp eyes. Looked at him briefly, you immediately know if  he wants to take you to make love with ... "

"Omo Krystal !!" Sulli shut pretending to be surprised by the madness of her friend, "Come on ... oh, go there!" She said with a laugh, "Standing beside you for a long time will ruin my reputation!"

"Okay, see you later  !"

.Krystal goes , swing  and wiggle her hips, make Sulli shaking her head helplessly. Her friend was indeed a little crazy.

 

Sulli Pov

It's amazing, my eyes always focused on that young man. Looks like he has a magnet  as though attract  me  to him, beyond my will.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter