The Right Decision

THE RUNAWAY BRIDE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

That night, Sulli arrived at the bar a few minutes early. Very ridiculous, she prepared herself most of the day for the best appearance. She choose a loose skirt with color that contrast  on her skin ... paired with flip-flops flats with gold laces,. Her hair was left loose. She need a casual impression for anticipating the anxiety and tension throughout the afternoon, she hoped it would transmit a comfort sense on her dinner friend.

Minho also look stunning, wearing a shirt that seemed sewn especially for him. Looks so fitted, so real among dozens of whites. Even with black hair and his Asian facial lines,  he looks dazzling and stand out.

Sulli attention as if by his presence.

Seeing Minho figure made  her heartbeat quickened,.

"Ah ... this is normal. After the plane tragedy this afternoon ...  After that scary anxiety, my emotions became  little chaotic  . All  will subside for sure and much better over time. "  thought Sulli entertain herself.

But in fact she was powerless to prevent her heart beat...  faster when she saw Minho threw his most charming smile at her. Sulli nervously stood up to greet him, while her mind was wondering when was the last time she became nervous and be shy  when going to dinner with a man.

 

"Hi Jinri ..." Minho hug her  , a  friendship hug, "Sorry to make you waiting."

 

"Not really ... I just got here." Sulli lied, forget the fact that she's been sitting there for almost ten minutes.

 

With graceful movements, Minho pulled up a chair and sit down immediately after seeing Sulli took her seat.

 

"You look beautiful ..." said Minho with sparkling eyes 

 

Sulli shook her head and sighed, making Minho slightly wrinkled.

 

" What ? What’s wrong ? What did  I say ? "He said quickly and worry.

 

"You sound like the other men. I don’t want you doing that. "

 

"Then ... I won't do it again." Minho replied in a strained voice.

 

"I have booked the best wine  here, perhaps we need it after the tense experience today." Said Sulli friendly, smiling to the waitress who’s serving two glasses of wine in front of them.

 

"I don’t know if the service here is so fast." murmured Minho.

 

"That's because I became part of this restaurant and hotel." Sulli tried to explain with a slightly raised eyebrow, "A kind of special services .... You know, we're a lot entertain clients at this restaurant. So .... well Minho, you are a client of this hotel since three months ago. "

 

Sulli cleared . Secretly hoping that Minho didn't realize the fake reason, due to the fact She has asked one of the waiters there  to immediately prepare the best wine when her dinner friends has come.

 

"Oh ... I feel so honored, Miss Jinri." Minho tease, make Sulli smiled ear to ear.

 

After they both tasted the wine, suddenly Minho stared at her sharply . It made Sulli be nervous.

 

"Now, tell me about the meaning of  " like the other men ". As a good friend and as your brother, I demand to be told in detail. "

 

"Ohh ... I had through a lot of dating  ...  kind of  compliment ... flowers...gifts...  the style of seduction are too general. Also a little ...  usual. I need something more ... special... "

 

"Through a lot of dating?" Minho raised an eyebrow, " Didn't Rod objection about that  ?"

 

" Absolutely not."

 

Minho staring at Sulli ... wondering, then asks cautiously.

 

"You're not in trouble, are you? Or is there something going on between you both ... " Minho back cleared his throat, " Now tell me what happen to you ? What kind of issues that  can be  discussed  only in person  like you ever said? ",

 

Sulli looks at him , amazement by his worries

 

" Are you engaged to Rod ...? "

 

"I told you,  no!"

 

"Alright ... but you're so mysterious. Then tell me, don't make me in guessing like this .. "

 

Sulli lips twitch, to suppress a smile, "First, I want to say that Rod has given me ... this.

Sulli pull a necklace out  and show it at Minho  proudly .

 

"That's certainly from Rodney, He must be reached into his pockets deeply. It's hundreds of dollars !" snorted Minho , trying to defuse jealousy that suddenly filled his chest.

 

"986 dollars actually ." answered Sulli.

 

"Oh yeah ?" Minho's voice sounded annoyed and sarcastic, "And you said you’re not engaged to him?"

 

"Actually .... this is sort of parting gift   and  apology."

 

"Excuse me ? Is he cheating  ? Or did  he dump you because he has another woman ? "

 

"He always had another  ... during this time I'm for him only "a mask" to fool the world. Until finally... "

 

" What the...??!"

 

Minho is really upset to know a man has hurt a nice woman  as beautiful as Sulli.

 

"... He risked himself to admit the truth to the world." Sulli smiled mischievously.

 

"Jinri, I don't understand ... how could you accept it?"

 

" Listen... that evening , when we had dinner in his place...Rod said:" Jinri, I've met someone ... very kind, accept and understands me the way I am ...  And more than this, We love each other  . "  Sulli smiles ," The name is Martin .... Martin is a man... Rodney is a gay, Minho ."

 

Minho gape, then covered his face ... trying to control himself. But the effort failed because the next second he was already laughing.

Sulli laughs with him while she's rethink the seriousness of the   Rod when told her ...

 

"I know you will forgive me ,sweety ... because I could clearly see that you have fallen in love with Choi Minho. You will forgive me for all I've done to you, don't you ? "

 

"You're not kidding, are you?" Asked Minho after successfully stopping his amusement.

 

" I'm not . Now ... after I rethought well ... the way he approached me might seem just an act, and he was an excellent actor. He was romantic but never tried to do intimate things with me ... "Sulli looks down to hide her flushed face when she said that," I barely noticed. At first I thought he was a gentleman and conservative type . I don’t think that he was like that. "

 

Sulli lift her face and found Minho was grinning and staring at her in a way that makes her heart flutter.

 

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

 

"Huh ? Nothing ..." said Minho, at glance strange smile vanished from his face.

 

 

Minho Pov

This comical surprise in its own way make  me so excited. Sulli is not engaged to Rod, and moreover Rod is gay. For the sake of what, I was jealous of the man who actually don’t need to be jealous. This is ridiculous !!

And another sillyness ,  suddenly I hear  birds sing  in my head. 

Not in vain I have come from thousands  kilometers  here .

Not in vain I have through the risk of life and death on the plane.

Of course it was comparable to what I've heard from her.

Sulli is not engaged to anyone.

Sulli is a free single woman  .

Is this a sign of God that everything will be fine with us ?

If I could tear her principle down which hate  Korean men for her life ?

If I could make she interested in me...  in  my short time in America?

Can I ?

Sulli suddenly looked up. She does look wonderful tonight.

Amazing and ... single!

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

Oh God !

How the way I look at her ? Did She can see what I think on my face? Damn !! I should always remember Yoona’s words that my face could be read easily when I had any emotion on ! Does She  know it from my face?

"Huh ? Nothing  ...

I am nervous, and immediately tries to hide the  stupid excitement from my face. I hope this works.

To distract her, I grabbed a glass of wine and arised it.

"Let's toast for your exam "

And to celebrate the breakup between you and Rod.

For freed you of a man or any man else in the world except me.

Sulli raised her glass of wine, then toast and drink it slowly. Her movements look very elegant and makes my heart beat faster.

"Thank you, Minho. I really owe everything to Tansun. He was present and watched me at my presentation  in front of the jury. I saw him ... and I felt as though you were there and gave spirit on me ... "

Sulli smiled with a smile that's more beautiful than the dreams that haunt my sleep during this time. Her voice is like the rhythm of the violin which instantly swipe my heart, make me feel soar. She carried my teddy and associate it with my existence ... If Tansun so mean to her, did not rule out the possibility she thinks I am  very meaningful to her ?

End of Pov

 

 

"By the way, how did you get an idea to give the doll to me? The men usually be conventional to congratulate someone ... "

 

"Being conventional?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter