Still

THE RUNAWAY BRIDE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dings on door car was surprising both of them. Then the noise  come closer. Suddenly someone knock the door hardly.

"Sulli ...! Open the door !!"

It’s the voice of her father .... harsh .. cruel ...

Sulli jerked , she could already smell the fire of anger that ready to and burn her. Minho walked to the door and unlocked it. In a snap, the door is wide open. Choi Seung Hon standing in the doorway with a red face and eyes lit up, fists clenched as if ready to punch anyone who approached him.

"You..!" He shouted, straight pointing at Sulli, "have brought shame to our family. You've done a fool thing while half the city's population watched !! "

"Appa, I'm sorry ... I had to do this. But I never planned things to be like this ... "

"You have humiliated me! You have tarnished the family name! You've made   Choi family’s name also contaminated !!  " cried her father, while   the crowd started to gather in front of the door.

"Be calm, ahjussi..." Minho said quietly, laid his hands on Sulli’s father shoulders  and smiled gently.

The effect was evident, because her father  immediately trying to be quiet. The middle-aged man was looked down in front of  his prospective in-laws ... ex prorfective in- laws.

"I apologize on behalf of my family. We apologize profusely for this embarrassing incident ... please don’t think we intend bad or anything. "

Sulli holding the edges of the dressing table to hold her body that seemed bewildered. She felt pain in her soul that is difficult to be deciphered. She had never seen her father so submissive and humble in fornt of  anyone. Suddenly a real awareness stabbed her , She has made her family disappointed and embarrassed.

"None who  plan the  incident today .." Minho sighed, then turned to Sulli. A disgusted expression was flashed on his face  , "..no matter what Sulli did this day, She didn’t intend to embarrass anyone."   he continued in a firm voice.

The room that had been noisier suddenly silent.

" Sulli just maintain what became her conviction. She was right to do so ... everyone is entitled to retain their belief  . Maybe one of us had to do, and Sulli had tremendous courage has been doing it for both of us .... There's nothing need to fuss, because in the end ... in the future ... maybe one of us could breathe easyly . "

Sulli stared at Minho in disbelief. She felt herself so completely shocked and vanish into the earth. Aware of her suffering must be endured for the past few days have  out through the fierce debate today ... suddenly she felt empty and strange.

Her eyes pay attention to any changes in the man's face ... the man she had ever loved. She realizes in every word, Minho does defend her. Sulli know, he is very generous and she was not surprised to see him like that. But Minho who’s standing in front of her now,  is a man who a few minutes ago had torn his pride ... and he calmly defended the woman who had done it to him. It feels she will be better able to deal with anger and revenge ...  the man's mercy. Unconsciously, her eyes glazed. But the words would not be able to dampen  her father’s anger that has overflowed.

"You deserve a better woman than she was. She should had realized it before left you at the altar ... "cried the father," and she  did an unforgivable act !! "

"You're wrong, ahjussi . Sulli deserve a better man than I am. " his face was pale," Because before her,  I've done the same thing on my bride. A year ago, I had run away from my own wedding in the same place ... "

Dead silence.

"It was definitely different. You must have a reason ... "

"It was no different. If I had been forgiven for my mistake...  , then I should forgive her, too  . Although I'm sure she did it at the last second can’t be justified. But before you all blame Sulli, then you should blame me first ... because she had a reason that I can understand ... " his voice was hoarse," ... so if anyone here wants to blame Sulli, Blame it on me. "

That made a long silence there.

Choi Zea suddenly burst in with  hunting breath  . His small eyes glaring at Sulli.

"Witless bastard !!" he cried sharply, aimed at Sulli, "You've almost had an opportunity ... ALMOST! Opportunity for all of us .... and then you dumped it stupidly ...! "

"Shut up !!"

Minho warned him, but being ignored  . The whispering and murmuring sounds here and there.

"You've always had a silly idea in your head. And now your stupid idea destroy our families. You idiot !! "

"ENOUGH !!!"

The rooms were noisy moment was suddenly silent. All eyes were on Choi Minho who stands between Choi Sulli and Choi Zea, straightened up with a clenched fist. Exactly like a tiger ready to attack anyone who approached. Nobody would think Minho shouted fierce and angry, it does not reflect his habit  during this time.

The room is getting tense silence.

"I forbid you to say a word that curse Sulli." Minho said calmly but menacingly, " Choi Sulli didn’t intend to hurt anyone. She didn’t intend to embarrass anyone. She was just protecting herself. And I will protect her from anything. "

"Stupid! You're not going to ...? "

"I’m not going to let anyone hurt her  .... let alone lay a single finger on her."

Choi Zea was getting crazy, he stepped forward as if to measure the seriousness of those words. Siwon and Jiho who had been standing near the door,  moving forward but Minho raised his hand to stop them.

"I want you out of Jeju!"

Choi Zea’s head jerked back, "Who the hell you are ... want to get rid me of this island?"

" I am a nobody. But I can do something that will make you regret having returned to this island. Go back to your own country today, I'll pay your return ticket. "

" No...!"

"Then you will be dealing with me. Sulli is under my protection. And I don’t mess with my oath !! "

Sulli sat up in bed, her eyes staring at the backs of  Minho without blinking.

"The sound was sharp and stabbing. That isn't Minho I knew, it was the voice of a man whom hurt .Yoona’s right, Minho will be firm when he want it. Apparently I knew him just a little... do not recognize the other side of this man ... And what have I done to him? "Sulli's mind.

"And please leave us both .... I wanna talk with Sulli privately!"

It was undisputed command.

Sulli saw  people started to leave the room , one by one. Looks like no one could argue  the words spoken by  his  strong charisma. His mother was the last person who’s standing there like hesitant to leave them. Minho get closer to her, kissing her temple as gently as his words.

"It's okay eomma, I just want to talk with Sulli. We apologize for messing up the situation, but rest assured this is for the good  all of us. "

The old woman sighed, throwing a sincere smile towards Sulli, "All right, you both takes time for discussing all . I'll  ask Namjoo to bring cakes and hot chocolate here. Eomma know, you have not had time to eat anything since last night. "

"Thank you ....." Minho murmured.

 

" I don’t want to eat..."

Sulli said with a shaky voice, her eyes glazed. Her mind and body really can’t walk in line with expectations. All were going too fast ... too terrible ... too easy to shock.

"Yes, you need to eat something. Also hot chocolate to reduce your tension. "Minho denies fast and furious.

Sulli looked at the man in front of her intently, feeling not recognize him at all. There was something about this man who has come to the surface ... something she didn’t  want to see but it has been raised by her own actions.

Does Sulli regret?

She has no idea...'

Minho’s Family Livingroom

Kim Namjoo with a tray of cookies and two cups of hot chocolate went to Sulli room. While  Minho mother took her granddaughter from  Yoona arms  and took her to the porch side, as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter