Unexpected Thing

THE RUNAWAY BRIDE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Sulli stunned, her eyes stuck on a  teddy bear. A small ribbon tied around its neck. The doll's eyes looked directly at hers, its mouth's grin  stupidly. Slowly her heart beat faster. Minho had sent a doll with a greeting card "Wish luck for your exam ". It was  arrived the day before the presentation test ,after the communication via email stopped for a few days. And foolishly she took the doll into her presentation room, put it on the table right near her laptop. she didn't care of deep wrinkles between her boss eyebrows  or a confusion smile on the face of her division  head   . She wondered what kind this sentimental feeling was, because she felt more confident when presentating ... as if Choi Min-ho was in there and gave big support for her.

 

Sulli sighed, trying to calculate in her mind.

It's been two weeks since the last time they had communication via email. Minho didn't reach her because he knew that Sulli was facing a test. Did Minho not want interfere with her time? Or was he too busy with his job there so never contacted her again? Then how did he will react  if  she contacted him first? What he would  think  about her?

Sulli open her laptop, open the email and began writing one to Minho. She for a moment   think about what She should write, and surprised when find  many things to tell , while she write the first word   on  . However, She prefer to write a short phrase

 

"New York is sunny now, suddenly it reminded me of when we were walking in the park."

 

Sulli press "send"  button quickly before She made ​​the mistake of revealing her thought too much .. She's still staring at her computer screen when suddenly the phone rang. And her heart almost jumped out when She saw   Choi Minho's name on the screen. Hard to believe, given the difference time  between Jeju and NYC ... and now must have been the middle of the night at there. Does Minho have not  slept? Or is he with someone there?

 

"Oh ... hello !" Sulli answered when She heard greetings from the other side, his low  tone make every pores of her body shudder, "Thank you for the doll."

"What about your exams?"

" I passed it ... we're waiting for the final result. "Sulli threw herself on the bed," Is this a coincidence? I just sent an email to you when you called. "

"It's a miracle , Jinri .: Answer Minho, trying to hide the fact that he has read the email and immediately contacted her.
 What time is it  in Jeju ? "

"At two o'clock a.m ." Minho rubbed his neck, "Actually, I've just finished writing some reports," he added, looking at the jumble of papers on his desk.

 

"Work hard, huh? How about your days ? "

"As before, nothing special."

 

Silent for moment  .

"We had no  contact  in several days. There are many things I want to tell. "Sulli start again.

"Did your relationship with Rod okay? Did your father have received it? "Minho tried to remove the scary imagination in his mind.

 

"We're getting closer, thanks. Oh yeah, I want  to tell you something. A few days ago I and Rod watched the movie, then walked around the city to celebrate that day. Rod thought I was succeed in my presentation . Then I invited him to have dinner at my apartement.. Phone suddenly rang when I was in the kitchen. Rod finally answered it. Surprisingly  the  phone  was closed just as that, but I could guess who was calling .... "

Minho groaned and rubbed his face.

"... It was definitely eomma because not long enough after that she called again as if to made  herself sure. Rod back answered it ... and did you know what happened next? The next day I was reprimanded and scolded great lenght. They treated me as if I have been doing seriously moral offense. Oh Minho ... why people always missjudge  and suspicious on me when it related to Rod? " Sulli's voice sounding desperate,

 

"I don't know ..." murmured Minho indistinctly  , confused of himself.

"But we could get through it all of course." Sulli said brightly, "You know,  since you came to my life everything changed and not as usual. Well, I know our parents are friends. I'm here wondering whether your parents didn't bother you at there? "

"Eomma was disappointed of course. I returned home without fiance and they considered me as a child who  tarnished  the family's name. You're right, the news came faster than me. I  could feel my easy days about four to five days later ."Minho laughed lightly

"Of course, the technology accelerates everything, even when I was here the news of your relationship must have been spread in any place of the world. And how's Nam Jo eonni? "

"Jiho hyung came to the house two days after my visit, he declared his intention to marry Nam Jo but she rejected. She is pregnant with his child  but was determined to reject the proposal because she said my brother proposed her for the wrong reasons ... for the sake of baby in her belly. "

" Great ! I agree with her. If your brother propose her by that stupid reason ... for the baby existence... I think he should be boiled alive !! "Sulli said grimly

"Jinri, don't forget here is Jeju instead of New York ..." Minho warned.

"That's true !!" Sulli growled, "That's why I don't like to be there!"

Minho closed his eyes, feeling desperate has made Sulli angry ... when actually he wants their conversation lasted fun.

"By the way, I'm sorry, I only gave you a teddy bear. I was going to give you flowers but .... "Minho deflect the conversation

" I really like it. " Sulli cut quickly.

"Did Rod give you flowers?"

" Yes. He gave me a bouquet of red roses ... quite large. "

"I'm sure the rose  certainly looked amazing." Minho tried not to mention  his name and hide his jealousy tone in his voice

"Certainly. The best flowers, he ever gave  . But I prefer Tansun. "

"Tansun?"

"Yes, Tansun ...the doll from you . Isn't  look silly ??  Tansun  was a name more suitable on him ! I'm unlikely named it .... Minho ... oh no ...   no one who give his teddy bear with the name of Minho. "

"Tansun, huh ? That's a good name for a bear. It's Korean language... anyway" Answered Minho happy.

 

"Yes it is. I browsed internet to find the name in Korean, just to remind me that Tansun was from you. Oh  , I forgot to tell you ... at the end of month Rod asked me to dinner at his apartment..."

The anxiety and anger  are growing slowly inside Minho

"... He said he wanted to talk to me. Serious conversation I guess, considering that he is  the most people who don't want someone approach  his apartment. Oh ... wish me luck , Minho! "

His pores are bristling to hear that.

"The serious  conversation ? In his apartment  ? Whether he going to propose Sulli? Of course it's going to happen ...  stupid Minho! After they spent the night together .... "

Minho suddenly felt his body limp. Looks like he had to give up before he could analyze his own feelings on her.

 

"Minho?"

"Hm ..."

"It seems that I should hang up. There is someone rang the doorbell. Wish me luck, ok ?! Bye ... "

After put  her phone, Sulli  stares at Tansun thoughtfully. The doll is  standing about fifteen centimeters with golden fur, round black eyes and mouth grinning stupidly at her. Sulli touched  her fingers to her lips and then put her fingers on the bear's mouth, before finally She ran to the door  .

 

 

 

A week later

 

That night Sulli dress up  ... looked simple but elegance, not too flashy. During dressed up her mind was questioning of  what would be discussed . Her heart pounded. She was considering the possibility Rod would  bring their relations to a higher level. Not a marriage of course, considering her parents still weren't give  a good response ... at least possible engagement.

Her stomach suddenly felt sick to imagine. She doesn't dislike the idea, but She isn't ready to face the nagging  family. The bitter thing is the possibility that She would be exiled or  not regarded as their child anymore . Sulli remember, on the day of Minho back to Jeju and met her parents to say goodbye, without proposed to her before going, That night after Minho left, her father no rebuked at all. Her mother scolded her as if She was a four year old girl who ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter