Surprise

THE RUNAWAY BRIDE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

After the horrendous proposal   , time was running so fast for Sulli. Her plan trip to Korea that initially only three days be a week for the invitation to attend the memorial of Minho's father . And  be delayed because of the baby's birth of Yoona-Siwon .

And now at the 15th day, Sulli got a call from Rodney who gave congratulations, apparently their wedding plans were scattered in NY. Sulli convinced that it's her father's work , because ten minutes after the propose  received  , Minho immediately called her family in NY. Sulli can imagine how her  parents' reaction when they heard the shocking news. Spread it immediately must  become the first list of their plan.

Besides that Rodney also informed about her  new duty to promote the plan of opening a branch of their hotel in Seoul. Not in Jeju indeed, but it is a blessing. Everything happened so smoothly, easily, and beautifully. Sulli finally know what the meaning of  'easy and fun' as Minho had spoken . She even thinks that she gets all the conveniences as a wedding gift she received at the beginning.

Yes ... a wedding.

It only takes a week for  Minho and family to tie her in a sacred promise of marriage.

Sulli as if half dreaming  when Kim Namjo brought her into the various boutiques to find a wedding dress that fits to her dream of. And She still did not believe it when enthusiastically Im Yoona and Choi Siwon arranged all the details of the wedding to be held in the largest church in Jeju. Including booking a hotel and  tickets for her family. While Minho's   mother with joy compiling a list of invitees, fear of acquaintances and relatives that are missed.

And her happiness is really unbearable when Choi Minho suddenly appeared at her door with a mischievous smile, seductively, his trademark smile.

"Good afternoon, my future wife ..." he walked in, kissed her forehead cautiously

"What  you're talking about , Minho!" Sulli smiled happily, "How's the farm?"

"Hmm .. Do  I smell  like cow dung so that you think I've just come back from the farm ?" Muttered Minho, now his nose inhaling lavender scent that wafted from her hair , " You smell  soft as fragrant of spring ..." Minho's lips  tickle the peak of  her ears "Ah .. Sulli  .... my sweet Sulli...."

"Minho !!" Sulli  wriggling , then retreated, "Remember, we've agreed won't be near to 'the danger' before the wedding time."

"Oh yes, of course ..." muttered Minho disappointed, but he     let go her reluctantly, "Guess why I came here when I should be  at the farm now?"

"I'm not good at riddles !" Sulli said with a laugh.

Minho seemed pleased with that answer, then reached into his jacket pocket. One the other hand  took Sulli's hand and opened her fingers.

" Close your eyes..."

Sulli by half wondered ....surrender when Minho covering her eyes with a hanky and tie it loosely.

"This is to make you not sneak a look. You believe me, I have a surprise for you. "

Sulli follow and submissive when Minho led her along the  house that suddenly seemed bigger than before. Then she also  in big curious when Minho take her into the car.

"Where will you take me  , Minho...?"

"There is no question. We will drive for half an hour. The rules you must not ask anything ... just listen to what you can hear. "

It was a final and irrefutable. Although trying to persuade Minho  to explain their purpose, he didn't give up. Until finally Sulli choose to silent and listen.

 

 

 

Sulli was almost asleep when the car stops. There was the sound of water splashing and the sound of birds.

" We have arrived."

Minho untied the hanky that covers her eyes. Sulli rubbed her eyes for a moment, blinking ... trying to adjust her eyes to the light that suddenly besieged.

"Sea ?!!"   Sulli excited, her eyes staring at the blue water rippling under wooden board when her feet steped on .

"The ports ..." Minho replied, "... and this!"

Suddenly she felt a metal object in her palm. Sulli slowly opened it . A silver key .

" What is this ?"

"Wedding gift for us ... from eomma." Minho eyes shining, waiting for her  reaction.

"A key for ....?"

"Eomma had bought a small house for us, close to the port so that you will be satisfied by the sea view from the window. But actually for the convenience too, considering that you probably need time to go to Seoul to work more often. And the house was not so far from our central office, so Siwon hyung can be more focused on the farm ...   spending time with his little baby. "

Sulli couldn't say a word, happiness and compassion made her mute. She thinks   what kind of goodness she had done so GOD is so good to her.

"We will see the house right now, but you should not be disappointed because the house is empty. There are only a few soft furnishings really urgent. "

 

 

Minho then turned the car left to the port. In fifteen minutes, the car enters  the land along the course of the cherry trees are lined up neatly. Then the car stopped in front of a  house with the  walled of natural stones, it looked solid. A curvilinear entrance looked shiny on the top step. The yellow and pink  wild flowers are creeping along the wall.

"How is it ?" Asked Minho who stood a step behind Sulli.

"It's beautiful Minho ... like a stone house in fairy tale books!"

They entered the house that is still empty. A baige colored walls with tendrils painted terracotta. There is a fireplace apparantly not used for  long time.

"The fireplace was just decoration, but if you want , we can use it again. Of course we only use a substitute coal for the fire. It can warm the house in winter. "Said Minho when realized Sulli fascinated with the fireplace.

The house was really tiny for Minho who used to live at the large farm, but big enough for both of them.  There are two bedrooms with large windows overlooking the sea.

"We'll buy the furniture after moving into this house. Do you like it? "

"Hmmmm ...."

"Hmh?"

"Hmm .. I don't like this house   .... well .... I love it !!" Sulli cried out

"Oh thank God ..." Minho sighed with relief,   pull her into his arms, "I can't promise a lot of things, but I will try to do whatever   for you... the best I could . You have to remember, it's the promise of a man from Jeju...  fixed price for my dignity. "

Those words remind  Sulli on her vow not  to marrying Korean men, which of course was opposed by her father and mother. Sulli imagine the reaction of her brothers and her parents when they talk about this marriage.

"Why are you smile, chagiya ...?"

Sulli again heard Minho utter these words, but now she understands the meaning of these words. She also  has learned a lot about Korean language. Yoona and Namjo will gladly teach the words that are used commonly .

" My eomma. What would she say if she could see us now. My decision was contrary to what I said in the past. She must have thought that It's the first time I acted in my right mind. "

"And that makes you smiling. You're not angry? "

"That's right ... this is really an irony  ."

"Our marriage is not irony, dear ..."

"It is not about our marriage I mean ...My life plans and the reality are ironic ... but produce something irresistible beauty. "

" Are you happy , Sulli?"

"Is it still necessary to answer?" Sulli looked at his face , along the  line of his face carefully ... her  pale hand outstretched follow the line of the man's face with compassion, "Yes, Minho ... when you're on my side, I will be happy. "

"So do  I , chagiya." Minho cupped  her fingers, then brought them to his lips. Slowly his eyes closed, "It's like a miracle to me. I would die on my knees if the time you refused my proposal. I was really stupid, right? "

"Yes, y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter