The MIssion

THE RUNAWAY BRIDE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

On December 20th grand opening of the hotel is done amazingly. Sulli and her team got congratulation continuouslly . The entertainment stage in the hotel yard was held with great fanfare.

Sigh of relief, Sulli walked toward the drinks table. Intends to take a glass of cocktail for celebrating her excitement  . Their effort achieved encouraging results.

"Congratulations for the great success   here."

Sulli stiff,  the impact of  this familiar sounds   shook the whole body ...  subtle vibration  are spreading along her spine. Without having to see who’s talking, she recognized his voice. In slow motion,  to   calm herself, Sulli turned and smiled brightly.

"It's a surprise ... I didn’t think you will attend the hotel grand opening."

"Remember, our company is one of the meat suppliers of  this hotel. Surely you know, we got an honor invitation for it . "

"I think Siwon oppa who will come ...." Sulli biting her lip

"After the last time we met and talked, I think you never want to see my face again ..." Sulli thought sadly.

"Right, Initially Siwon hyung who will be present, but I persuaded him to take his place. I think this is the only way to meet you after you ran away from me ... for the second time. "

"I'm not running away from you ..." sighed Sulli , felt of guilty, "I didn’t ...."

"You didn’t come to my birthday party ... You didn’t come at the baptism of Jiho hyung and Namjoo noona’s baby  . The whole family were present ... except you. "  Minho mumbles.

“But I’m not  a part of your family ..." think Sulli with remorse she didn’t understand.

"I'm sorry ... how could I come back to see you again ? How could I make you as the object of their ridicule? "

"It's all over. They’re not interested anymore for paying attention to our problems ... "

Sulli gritted her teeth realize another lie that Minho did to cover up the real situation. She still remembers how the innocent Jiho  complained about the state of Minho, when gave her the baptism invitations.

"That child really couldn’t be understood. Just let those useless peoples mocked him. Not just with words ... they also sent objects sickeningly into his post box  . There is a rotten egg, , even dead rats. If I were him, I will come to them one by one to give them a lesson! "

"Minho , although we were live in a far away place, I've heard rumors about you here. Gossip from a trusted person ... "

"And gossip  usually always exaggerate the facts. I'm not surprised if my name was one thing that they highlight in it! "Minho said casually, but Sulli could see deep disappointment in his eyes.

"It's ... very clear."

"The problem is you don’t need to take it seriously. People always want to disrupt the others lives . Your runaway from our wedding day  already months ago! "Minho said angrily," Do You think with this our meeting they will find a very interesting new gossip ? "

"I think on the fact happened. I bet ... they even sent  some disgusting objects into your post box. Am I right ? " 

"It’s one of  their attention forms..." Minho shrugged as if unconcerned.

It just makes her heart  hotter ... maybe hotter than what’s Jiho felt. Because she got involved in it... she is one of the causes. How could this man just silent and did not argue with them?

"Why didn’t you do something to stop their harsh treatment to you, Minho?" Sulli's eyes examined the handsome face in front of her, looking for something she wanted to see ... something.

" Do what ? Challenging them to duel one-by-one? Screaming in front of their house to tell them  the reasons behind it all? Or do I have to draw the sword and make this as an excuse to kill them? "

"Anything ... that could make them stop!"

"Then, why don’t you do it yourself, Jinri?"

"I have no reason ... you're the one who got !! Why didn’t you feel angry and offended in the slightest? "

Minho was not immediately answered. He stared straight into her eyes.

"That's what I saw from the beginning. You're a Jeju woman .... The hot blood and courage of Jeju women flow in your body. When you're like this, you're scaring me, Jinri. " Minho's face become somber , "I'm sorry if my actions so far was disappointing you. But I'm not a guy like that ... Now I think , I'm not the right guy for you Jinri ... "

His voice was cold ... as a dark mist that slowly covers his face. Minho suddenly withdrew himself into the darkness and hid behind it. The darkness that has become a shield that impenetrable . Im Yoona once told her ... when younger, Minho often getting into fights. He didn't hesitate to give his fists to make others tremble. But this isn't Minho who used to be .... the man who now stand before her is not the young man whose unstable, reckless , and regret all at the end. This man is a man who has so strong confidence , so stubborn to his own principles ... He’s able to get rid of the weak figure of a man who's ingesting his own emotions ... he knows what to do to prevent of destroyed himself.

Sulli choked, when Minho turned.

"Once again... Congratulations for your success ." He said through his broad shoulders.

After that brief words, calmly Minho walked away from her ... toward the crowd in the courtyard of the hotel. Without turning back at all.

This fact makes her sad.... and wonder.

Whether this is the end...  the real end of their relationship ?

Does Minho came to the hotel for declaring his indifference ...  to prove something?

Somehow it made many question in her mind and her head throbbing violently.

She had left him ... a man with his ignorant and nosy smile ... at the altar,  minutes before they lift the sacred vow of marriage.

Then suddenly she now finds the same man appeared with a completely different figure ... more alluring, more alive, but made her claustrophobic and restless.

What does this mean ??

To her ?

To Minho?

To his family?

Jeju Island

.

Sulli approached one of the taxis are lined up at the airport, said the goal and sank herself in the passenger seat. Choi Minho’s arrival to the Hotel's grand opening and the contents of their conversation had left a long sleepless night. Not a single moment her eyes could close . How could she sleep when that silly questions swirling in her head,  made everything inside her jumbled.

Because of it,  as the clock struck to eight, she immediately came to the hotel and asked for permission to take care of family needs for a day. Booked a flight ticket to Jeju and decided to visit  the Choi family’s big house. She had to explain to his family that she never affect Choi Minho to be indifferent to himself. His family should know that she’s truly regret for her mistake and didn’t ask Minho had to prove anything to her. Sulli fear, his family would have thought she had been suggesting Minho to keep silent and indifferent to the scorn around ... that might actually had destroyed the honor of their family’s name.

Snowflakes fall when the taxi stopped at the Choi's family home. Place that a few weeks ago she had sworn not to be stepped on again. Guilt, remorse and shame raging in her chest when she saw his mother  appeared and hugged her warmly. She ashamed to accept, after what she did to her youngest son.

"I've tried to ask him to stop them all ... but it seems none of my words he heard ." Sulli explained vehemently, "He really has lost his mind."

"We  think so ." The woman replied softly.

"He couldn’t be invited to think clearly about all this ..."

"He indeed  always like that .."

"And anything related to me... since that wedding day ... he was really crazy."

"Indeed, he was crazy ... not since that wedding ... but since he met you, dear ..." she agreed,  smiling , "He has tried to hide it from me ... but my instincts as a mother since the beginning already knew that "Sulli was special" for him . "

"Now  he didn’t call me 'Sulli' again." Sulli said sadly, "I was going to go crazy if someone called me 'Sulli' in NY  because that name was often twisted as  'silly'. But now I realize ... he called me 'Sulli' because at that time he was so love and adore  me . Now I'm just Jinri for him. "

"As you wish, isn’t it?"

" In the past, yes . At that time.. I doubt it.  I didn’t know much  but thought that I knew so much. Now , when I know much better ... I think not much I can do. "

"Of all these , people learn and understand . With it people will become adults and wiser. "

"Then why should I become adult and wiser ... if I knew it was too late."

The look she was so warm,  touch deep into Sulli’s recesses heart. Then she sighed smooth  , patting the backs of her hands gently.

"Being an adult doesn’t mean to know everything. Being an adult means you could see something on the portion its should be, then you better can see what you can do for yourself, for those who are around you. "

Sulli was silent.

"I also heard some rumors about Minho. But he never complained or told me anything. I thought, he could face up wisely. " his mother added.

"But wise is the last word  that stopped at my head when I hear how people treated him. The letters and disgusting objects that they sent to his post box ... Oh God ... sorry, maybe he wouldn’t tell you about this. "Sulli shut ," But of course you've heard about it, right? Considering he lived with you ... "

"His letters are no longer sent here. After the incident, he  moved to a cottage near the pier. "

"To the cottage ??" Sulli surprised, "He lived there alone ...?"

"Yes. He does not have another woman, my dear ... "

That's not what she think  . She didn’t think about another women. She imagined Minho who was usually lived in the middle of the his family’s affection outpouring  ...   spends his days alone. Alone ... in the house they had planned as a place to share love together. Then he was now alone in there? Fell asleep and woke up alone ... eating alone ... spend the night in front of the fireplace   alone ....

Sulli's heart like twisted in very painful way.

" Why, sweetherat ? You don’t really understand him, huh? "

" No. I used to think he’s the simple one and easy to understand. He has changed nowand  away from  me.  I can’t understand his thoughts. "

"Jinjja? Can’t you see... this is actually very simple. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter