The Anxiety

THE RUNAWAY BRIDE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 


Sulli rushed down from her car, her long legs stepped on the pavement before she finally entered the airport gateway. Passing through the arrival gate, her clock showed that  she has almost an hour late from the scheduled arrival of the plane carrying Minho to NYC . Realizing it, she quickened her pace. It's nothing,  She's worried if her friend who came all the way from Korea, got off the plane and   no one picked him up, then he would be confusion in unfamiliar place.

 

But  She actually confused when searching for his presence at the crowded airport. It was not easy to find a man among many people there.. After looking at any places that allow men to be there, She couldn't find him. . She wondered probably Minho was angry or disappointed with her delay, Sulli finally gave up and sat down in a chair to rest her legs.

 

"Is it possible Minho had waited too long and decided to pick a taxi and headed to the hotel? If so, it's useless; what I had done just useless ."

 

Desperate, Sulli looked up and stared at the screen. Something  shown there  that make her feeling  relief. Minho's plane had delayed , even has not landed yet. Sulli finally decided to go to a cafeteria and buy a cup of coffee for herself. She chose a seat beside the glass-walled  from where She can directly look at view of  cloudless sky of New York, while she could see the possibility of Minho arrival at the airport.

 

Sulli sipped her coffee slowly, amazed by the excitement which bouncing in her chest. It feels amazing to realize how often she thought of Minho, considering of her real life has been very busy. During the day, she worked as  Rodney assistant... boss who loved and always support her to be optimistic and happy. At night, Sulli was trying to get her  social life with dating  many men. After Rodney told everything, she had to start a relationship with another  man before her mother  brings a man into her life.

 

She has been dating many men after Rodney.. Most are older than her  ... such as established men , some were Rod's co-workers or friends  . And there are some college student who accompanied her  passed  her spare time. They drink and dinner together, sometimes watched the  theater  or the movies. They all adore her in different ways, but none of them could make her laugh and comfortable  just like when she was with Rod or ... Minho.

 

Before Minho presence in her life, Sulli didn't know that laughter is important for  maintaining her sanity to face the hard life. But now it seems every man has flaws, because they never could show the ridiculous side of the events around her.  They couldn’t see a tragedy, from the side that could be laughed at and not something terrible . No one could make her feel relaxed to face  anything, or could share a secret joke that could be  understood by them alone.

 

They were romantic and made her flattered. They gave her many beautiful things ... sweet words, flowers, gifts ... But it just made Sulli even more consider and missed Minho. A man who inadvertently stopped by in her life, never did romantic. He always threw a joke, but at the same time able to make her open herself ... to be honest, to entrust him about  things deepest herself. Yes, Minho never be romantic but sometimes she's so fascinated by his very sharp eyes when  stare at her.

 

Three months had passed from their togetherness  . They are still in touch via Internet, exchanging email, and even did a nice long conversation. Talked about a lot of things lightly, exchanged jokes, and laughed at together.  Almost every day of this month  Sulli  often think that Minho will only be a long-distance friends and never going back to New York.. Until finally an encouraging news came. If not for the company, where she worked wants to expand its business in Seoul Korea and seek business partners over there, maybe  the chance to meet him there will never be .

 

A week ago Sulli was talking on the phone about the expansion planned of her company with  Minho. Surprisingly  MInho was  interested to become a business partner  

.

" I'll be there. But I have to tell this  with my family first. "

 

That's what he said on the phone a week ago. And last night she got an email about his arrival in New York. Automatically since the email came, her heart was filled with euphoria ... even she couldn't close her  eyes just because imagining would be meet with him again.

 

Yes, Minho will soon be here, in front of her. She can  be seeing his cheerful face, staring his big eyes  , hearing his oddly jokes about food. Sulli sure, the days in which he present will make her days colorful. Even now, her lips already smiling when imagining it.

 

But when one hour passed into two hours ... then even longer, Sulli began frowned impatiently. She doesn't understand what happened,  Minho's phone also couldn’t be reached. And for some reason, there is one point in her head that injects anxiety and a big question mark. Finally Sulli call Rodney because her boss  must also know why she’s late.

"I am sitting in a cafe at the airport, but there are no signs that the plane will land ..." complained Sulli ,  her eyes  stare at the  three empty cups of coffee and an untouched plate of potato in front of her.

 

"Can he be reached?"

 

" His cell phone not active. An hour ago, I thought he was on plane ... but it's been a few hours had passed. Do I have to go back to the office and leave the airport? "

 

" Sweety , if only I could be with you there. But in ten minutes I had to meet a client ... "

 

"Rod, really ...it's okay . I just don't want you wonder because I've been through my lunch hour and didn't back to the office. "

 

"Look, you're free today ...just pick him up."

 

“ Oh, thanks Rod. It’s so sweet...”

 

“ You deserve it. You really missed your boyfie,right ?”

 

"Rod ... we don’t ...! "

 

"Not yet ..." Rodney cut of, "I think you should ask to the information desk about the delay. If there is no clarity,  try to call his home number and ask if he had gone as planned. Okay ??"

 

 

 

Sulli suddenly felt so stupid because couldn't think such a simple solution. Once Rodney hung up, she hurried to the information desk to check. Information officer was a friendly man who answer all questions . Sulli give Minho’s flight number.

 

"Yes, ma'm  Choi Minho’s name on the list of passengers. They  delayed the flight . "

 

"Is it because of weather conditions or something like that ?"

"We don’t know about it. But wait for second, I'll check for you. "

 

Sulli wait patiently though a bit  nervous . After talked over the phone, he  turn  to her. Back staring at a flight number on his hand , as if to match it with the information he has. His face suddenly became somber

 

"There was a little problem with the plane, the main landing gear could not out. , The plane was still circling up there while they tried to fix it. "

 

Sulli's face turned white, her stomach suddenly as stirred. Eerie shadows to haunt her .

 

"What if they couldn’t fix it?"

 

"Maybe the plane would have landed without the main wheels ..."

 

Sulli felt her knees suddenly limp, her heart as if to fall ...  her stomach heartburn.

 

".... But don’t worry, ma'm. Technically, the plane can make an emergency landing without the main wheels safely. "

 

"Oh ...." sighed Sulli, cold sweat began creeping down her spine.

 

"Miss, are you okay?"

 

"Yes ... I just ..."

 

"Don’t worry, all the passengers in the plane would be safe. The passengers would out of  the plane by unusual way ... . For assured,  no one will be hurt. "Said the young man gently," Is there anything I can do for you? "

 

"Nn..no, thank you." Answer Sulli dazed, "I'll waiting for him while sitting there."

 

 

 

Sulli immediately walked to the nearest chair, she was not sure her limp legs   could sustain her body any longer. Trying to entertain herself,  she  look for the good side of the situation as Minho usually did... but very difficult to do. She tried to hold the officer's words on that all passengers would be safe and not injured at all. That the plane was going to land safely, then Minho would be here  without ...

 

Sulli feels her heart beat faster and more faster, beads of cold sweat began to appear on her temple. Silently her eyes see how the fire trucks and the ambulance gathered on the side of the runway. Then what's that mean? What will happen then?  The plane still out there ...her best frend in , circling up there ... for how long? Until the fuel runs out .. then landed with a screech and sparks are splashed everywhere ... as she had ever seen in a movie? And of course which will happen  to Minho's not a camera trick alone.

 

"Ladies and gentlemen, we’re sorry with a delay of aircraft with flight number ...."

 

It sounds like the wail coming from a distance  , but at the same time every nerve in her body tense . Instantly anxiety is blocking all five senses, so that she almost could not hear the announcement  perfectly.

 

"... In seven minutes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter