Coincidence? Not.

TaengSic: The Unbreakable Collections

TAEYEON'S POV

 

I love reading. Reading is my passion. I love staying at the school library during my free time. I was scanning the some books looking for something new to read. One book about love caught my attention. I don't usually read books about love. I'm more of a sci-fi & mystery person. It's probably the book cover that caught my attention, the book cover is of a light blue balloon. I was engrossed in the book when I heard squeals and whispers from the people sitting two tables away on my left side. I tried zoning them but some of them were a bit loud.

 

"Omg! She's so hot!"

 

"Oh yes! She's so beautiful. So gorgeous!"

 

"I so agree with the both of you."

 

This students are beyond annoying. Why do they praise her like she's some kind of goddess or something? Yes, she is pretty and y, but so what?

 

"Jessica Jung is so hot."

 

"Oh god look at those y curves!"

 

"Let's not forget about those amazing melons of hers."

 

Jesus! Not only are they annoying and idiot these people are also huge erts! I didn't look up but from the corner of my eye I saw her heading towards the section where I got the previous book I read yesterday. I'm not 100% sure but I think she just grabbed the exact book I was reading yesterday. Coincidence or not? I dunno.

 

She's never a library person that is according to all the fangirls and fanboys I hear spazzing over this blondie. She's the ever so popular head of the cheerleading team of the university so I suppose her real passion is those cheerleading stuffs and not reading some book on a library. Most of her fans said the day after I started coming to the library was also the very first time she ever stepped foot on the school's library. Another coincidence or not? I still dunno.

 

"Look at her, she's so adorable when she is concentrating on reading."

 

"Can she get any more hotter?"

 

Now I'm really starting to get pissed. The library is supposed to be a quiet place not some kind of public market or something! The school librarian can't even do something about those noisy students. Aish! I can't concentrate on my reading anymore because of all the noise they are making so I decided to just borrow the book instead and exited the library.

 

When class is finally over I went to my favorite coffee shop near the university to get some cup of coffee and maybe eat something sweet and continue reading the book that I borrowed. I arrived at the place, got on line, ordered Frapuccino and a slice of red velvet cake, my favorite.

 

Even though there are a lot of customers that day I still have my peace. This is much better than the library. I continued reading my book. When I heard someone.

 

"Hello, is it okay if I sit here there are no available seats anywhere." 

 

I looked up and from my book and saw her. I just gave her nod and went back to reading.

 

"Thank you."

 

I got a glimpse of her order. Frapuccino and a slice of red velvet cake, just like mine. Another coincidence, maybe?

 

After eating a small piece of her cake she went to her bag and grabbed something. A book. The very same book I just finished reading yesterday. Too much coincidence I must say. I wanted to ask her a question but decided not to as she is busy reading her book.

 

"Is there something in my face?"

 

I heard her ask. I looked at her in the eyes clueless as to why she asked that.

 

"You were staring at my face just now."

 

"Oh. Um. I'm sorry." I said. After some internal battle with myself I finally decided to ask her a question. "Excuse me." I started.

 

She looked up at me. "Hmm?"

 

"Um, I was reading that book yesterday. I-I actually finished reading it yesterday and I was wondering why you are reading the books I previously read? I also heard that you started going to the library a day after I started going there. And just now you ordered the same exact thing as mine. Frapuccino and a slice of Red Velvet Cake. I'm not sure if they are just plain coincidence or..." I trailed.

 

"Or?" she said as is trying to tell me to continue.

 

"Or are you possibly doing all these on purpose?" There! I finally asked her.

 

She was silent for a moment. Jessica Jung was silent for a moment.

 

"Honestly...I want to see things from your perspective. I want to know why you read those books and what you felt while reading them. Or why you keep on going to the library. And why you like coming to this coffee shop and order the same order everytime you come here."

 

I was stunned at everything she just said.

 

"I have always liked you Kim Taeyeon. I tried to get you to notice me. For the first time I joined the debate club even though I know I'm not good at talking in front of other people. I even joined the cheerleading squad thinking that maybe you'll finally notice me then but all my attempts failed as you were busy with reading your books. Too busy." she confessed.

 

Once again I was stunned, shocked and speechless at her confession. I tried saying something, "I...I..."

 

"You don't need to say something. I know you don't like me that way. I bet you probably don't swing that way too. I just want to say what I honestly feel about you. I like and admire you a lot but I know you're not interested in me." Jessica said and smiled sadly at me. She then gathered her things and stood up. When she was about to leave I immediately grabbed her arm. She looked at me with questioning looks.

 

"I never noticed you? I think its more like you never noticed me. When you helped twice. From the dog that was chasing me on the first day of university to that guy who tried to take away my money I thought we would be friends by then but when we met at the school corridor you just ignored me." I explained.

 

"I was too shy and a coward then. It's my first time every having these kind of feelings for someone so I got scared of rejection to I avoided you." she confessed once again while looking down on the floor.

 

"Oh..." I honestly dont know how to respond to her honest confession. So she'd already liked me since then. I smiled internally.

 

She slipped her arm from my hold and took a step back. For a second I thought she's going to leave but she placed her hand in front of me as if asking for a handshake. "Um. Taeyeon-ah, can we start over again? Hello, I'm Jung Jessica." she then smiled at me sweetly.

 

I flashed her my best smile and said, "Hello, Jung Jessica. I'm Kim Taeyeon. Please to finally meet you."

 

"Now that we've finally cleared things and some misunderstandings...Taeyeon-ah would you like to go out on a date with me?"

 

My heart skipped a beat. I gripped her hand tighter. "I'd love to Sica-ah."

 

And that was the start of our love story.