Unresponsive Part 5

TaengSic: The Unbreakable Collections

She looked at the sleeping girl beside her and she can't help but tear up remembering all the hardships she had to go through because of her. She thank the heavens for giving her someone who stood by her despite everything that happened. She leaned down placing a small kiss on the sleeping girl's temple before slowly moving out of bed. After a few minutes of silent struggling of just trying to get out of bed she finally successfully succeeded doing so and slowly wheeled herself out of the bedroom to prepare breakfast.

 

An hour later she looked at the table filled with American style breakfast and mentally patted herself for the job well done. She took a glance at the wall clock. 6:16am. She still has a few more minutes to spare before waking the other girl up. She went to the backyard porch to get her early morning sunlight and air before doing her usual stuff every morning.

 

BACK AT THE BEDROOM

She let out a annoyed sigh when the sunrays hit her face. Rolling onto her side she noticed the unusual cold spot to her left where someone usually takes that spot making her feel warmer. With closed eyes she patted the space on her left only to feel nothing, no one beside her which made her sprung up in bed and hurriedly went to search for the other girl.

 

She went out to the living room frantically searching for the other girl. She stopped on her tracks when she heard a loud thud and a painful grunt making her run to the direction of the sound only to see the person she's been looking for sprawled on the ground.

 

JESSICA'S POV

Jessica gasped seeing Taeyeon sprawled on the ground.

 

"Oh my god Taengoo." She hurriedly helped the girl sit back on her wheelchair. "Are you okay?"

 

"Yeah." Taeyeon coldly replied. Jessica sighed internally, she knew what Taeyeon is still having a hard time adjusting.

 

 

*********

 

"Bab..y...Si..Sic..a..."

 

Tears flowed continuously from Jessica's eyes hearing Taeyeon's voice after more than a year.

 

"So...oyeon..."

 

Jessica wailed and hugged Taeyeon tight. She still can't believe Taeyeon really just said her name. She pulled back cupping Taeyeon's face.

 

"Taengoo...Taeyeon-ah...Please tell me I'm not dreaming."

 

Taeyeon smiled shaking her head and gently wiped Jessica's tears.

 

"I'm ba..back."

 

"You're back. You are back! TAENGOO IS BACK!" Jessica shouted her lungs out pulling Taeyeon in for another hug burying her face on the crook of Taeyeon's neck inhaling the latter's scent. She heard loud footsteps but didn't bother looking up as she let herself get drowned by the happiness she is feeling.

 

"Taeyeon unnie!"

 

"Unnie!"

 

"TaeTae!"

 

"Taeng!"

 

"Short stuff!"

 

"Midget!!!"

 

Everyone celebrated that day Taeyeon broke out of her unresponsive state.

 

*********

 

"Taengoo! What are you doing? Stop that." Jessica held onto Taeyeon's hands when she saw the latter harshly hitting her own legs.

 

"The...these legs a..are usele...ssss!" Taeyeon screamed trying to get out of Jessica's hold.

 

"Taengoo-"

 

"Why are you sti...still with m...me?! Y..ou should leave me no..w, why're yo...you still staying with so...someone as useless as m..mee?!"

 

"You are not useless Taeyeon-ah."

 

"A...are you ki...kiddi...ng me? Ca-can't you see I-I ca...can't wa...walk...I ca...can't eve...n talk pro...proper...ly. I...I'm a...use...less piece o...of shi...!" Taeyeon hollered and pushed Jessica away from her before wheeling her wheelchair back to their shared bedroom.

 

Jessica followed Taeyeon to the bedroom. She stood by the doorway not entering the room, she didn't want Taeyeon to get mad at her presence.

 

"Taeyeon-ah...please don't give up. You don't know how long I waited for you to regain consciousness and now you're here...with me. I'm not giving up on you Taeyeon-ah so please...just please don't give up on yourself. I'm here for you and I'll help you in your road to recovery. We're all here for you, your mom and dad, my family, our friends...we're all here for you, so please, just please keep on fighting. The Taeyeon I know don't ever back down to challenges."

 

Taeyeon started sobbing, her body shaking. "I'm scared Si-sica..."

 

"Don't be. I'm here for you, I'm always here for you. I won't ever leave you Taengoo. You're my everything. I love you so so much."

 

*********

 

Jessica dusted Taeyeon's knees checking for bruises and such.

 

"Are you sure you're okay baby?" She asked looking up at the girl.

 

She saw Taeyeon staring at her knees, her hands fisted, and tears rolling down her cheeks.

 

"I don't think this is working Sica." Taeyeon mumbled.

 

"What isn't working?"

 

"This. All of these."

 

"Your speaking is normal now Taengoo."

 

"Yeah, but I don't think I'll be able to walk again."

 

“It’ll work Taeyeon-ah. I’m sure it will work. Let’s not rush things, let’s take one step at a time, okay baby?”

 

Taeyeon looked up. “Why are you so patient with me. You know you can just leave and find someone better than me who won't be a huge burden to you.

 

“It’s because I’ve already found the right one for me and its you Kim Taeyeon. And even if you won’t be able to walk again I’ll still be here for you, because my happiness is with you Taengoo.”

 

Taeyeon bit her lip trying to hold back her tears but she failed on doing so. “I love you Sica.”

 

“And I love you too Taengoo. Let’s go back inside shall we?” Taeyeon gave a slight nod before Jessica wheeled her inside. “Omo! Did you make all of these baby?!” Jessica hollered as she excitedly look at the American breakfast laid on the table.

 

“Ye-yeah. I made it.”

 

“See…you are not useless Taengoo you even made breakfast for the both of us. I’m so proud of you.”

 

Taeyeon blushed and looked down at her lap.

 

*********

 

Jessica scanned the living room, smiling to herself seeing all her family and friends smiling and talking happily with each other but her smile turned to a frown when she spots her girlfriend at the far end of the room animatedly talking to her best friend Tiffany and she can’t help but feel her blood boil with jealousy.

 

Taeyeon’s been nothing but cold to her for the past week spending time going out with their friends not even inviting her to come with her. It hurts her seeing Taeyeon getting out of reach. She thought things would change today considering its her birthday but things remained the same. Taeyeon didn’t even greet her a happy birthday. When she woke up Taeyeon is gone not even leaving a note for her.

 

“Okay! May I have everyone’s attention.” Jessica’s dad spoke earning everyone’s attention. Seeing as he had everyone’s attention she continued talking. “I’d like to thank everyone for coming and celebrating my Princess’ birthday…”

 

Jessica wiped her tears with a tissue when her younger sister Krystal ended her birthday message. Everyone gave a little speech and message for the birthday girl making her very emotional. Krystal ran up to her giving the birthday girl a tight bear hug.

 

“This is it unnie.” Krystal whispered to her ear before she pulled away from the hug and stood beside her. Not understanding what her sister meant she raised a brow at her only to receive an elbow on her side.

 

“Yah wha-“

 

Krystal cut her off and pointed her lips on the other side of the room. Jessica looked at the direction and saw Taeyeon smiling so sweetly at her. Jessica blushed seeing her dimpled smile. She was about to speak when she saw Taeyeon holding her hand up. Jessica’s eyes widened when she saw Taeyeon trying to stand, she was about to run to her but Krystal held her arm holding her back.

 

“Wait and see.” Krystal told her. Jessica looked back at Taeyeon and was surprise to see her standing. Jessica gasped when Taeyeon started taking small steps forward. Jessica saw Taeyeon wobbling, scared that Taeyeon would fall and hurt herself she went to her but before she could even take a step forward she stopped when she saw Taeyeon’s determined face, her smile remained plastered on her face. Taeyeon inhaled deeply before taking steps again, after a few more steps she stood infront of Jessica who already had tears on her eyes.

 

“You can walk?”

 

Taeyeon nodded. “I know I’ve been cold to you for the past week and I’m sorry for that. I’ve been doing therapy on my legs for the past week. I want to surprise you so I didn’t tell you about it and just said I’ve been hanging out with the gang. I want to show this to you as my birthday present, I-I hope you like i-it.”

 

“I don’t like it…” Taeyeon’s shoulder slumped but felt Jessica's warm hands cupping her cheek. “I love it Taengoo. Thank you, this is the best gift I’ve received on my birthday.”

 

“Hey! I thought my gifstsd-“

 

They looked up at the voice, they laughed when they saw Tiffany and Yuri covering Sooyoung’s mouth.

 

“Shush you shik shin, you’re ruining the mood! Um…sorry about that Taeng…go ahead and continue.”

 

Taeyeon chuckled seeing their friends trying to beat Sooyoung for butting in. She looked back at Jessica. "By the way Happy Birthday Sooyeon-ah."  She smiled at her girlfriend once again before taking a step back.

 

Jessica froze when Taeyeon bent down and knelt in front of her.

 

“Sica we’ve been together for four years now though for more than a year I unintentionally left you because of the accident and you’ve been nothing but very patient in waiting for me even though there’s this high chance I won’t come back you still patiently waited and stayed by my side and when I finally woke up and treated you like a total brat because of my disabilities you still remained firm with you decision on being with me and I'm more than thankful for all the things you did for me. That day the accident happened we were supposed to go out on a date and  I was supposed to ask you a question that day but I wasn’t able to do so. So here I am given another chance to live and another chance to ask you this question I’ve been dying to ask you ever since…”

 

Everyone held their breath most especially the birthday girl as she waited for Taeyeon’s words.

 

“Baby do you mind spending the rest of your life with me. I more than love you Sica. Will you marry me Jung Jessica?”

 

Jessica palmed as she looked at the love of her life asking her to spend the rest of her life with her.

 

“Yes…” She whispered.

 

“WE CAN’T HEAR YOU! LOUDER PLEASE!!”

 

Jessica heard her friends shouting in chorus. She laughed a bit before screaming, “YES KIM TAEYEON I’LL MARRY YOU IN A HEARBEAT!”

 

*********

 

“And I now pronounce you partners for life. You may kiss each other.”

 

Taeyeon and Jessica leaned in for a deep kiss.

 

Seeing the two sealing their marriage with a kiss everyone clapped and screamed congratulating the newly married couple who went through a lot of hardships and pain before finally getting their happy ever after.

 

=END=

 

 

*********

here’s the happy ending! whew!

Thanks to those who made time to read the story most especially those who leave comments and upvotes.