Unresponsive Part 2

TaengSic: The Unbreakable Collections

Jessica speed walked the corridor of the hospital feeling excited to see her Taeyeon again. She inhaled and exhaled deeply before opening the door. She paused when she's greeted by laughters and muffled giggled from the inside. She carefully peeked from the small gap of the door and was surprised to see all of her and Taeyeon's closests friends scattered around the private room, some even huddled behind the sofa or the table.

 

Taeyeon had a lot of visitors everyday. They range from family, relatives, friends, high school friends, college and office buddies and even people she once acquainted with. People who have met Taeyeon consider her as a vey friendly and easy to mingle with type of person thus she can easily make friends but these seven people currently making loud ruckus inside Taeyeon's room are the closest.

 

When they were informed of Taeyeon horrendous accident they were all surprised and shocked. They were even saddened when they knew she's still in coma for close to three months already. The only good news they received is when Taeyeon managed breathe on her own and doesn't have to rely on the breathing apparatus.

 

Jessica's eyes squinted when she saw a leg poking out from under Taeyeon's hospital bed. These kids...

 

"What are you guys doing?"

 

The room suddenly went silent as they all froze at the icy cold voice, they turned to look at the door and to the newly arrived blonde with her hands akimbo raising an eyebrow at them.

 

"Well?" Jessica spoke again when she received no response the first try.

 

"Umm...we-we're playing hide and seek heheh."

 

Hyoyeon, Taeyeon's closest buddy appeared from under the bed answered her with a sheepish smile.

 

"Yea-yeah hide and seek. Wanna join Jessi?"

 

Jessica turned to look at the corner of the room, there stood her pink-lover best friend Tiffany who then crouched down and hid behind the couch avoiding Jessica's glare.

 

"Join us Sica unnie, it's fun!" 

 

Jessica looked at the third person who spoke and her eyes widen in an instant.

 

"Seohyun?! You too?"

 

Seohyun bit her lip and sheepishly smiled at Jessica.

 

"It's fun unnie. Really!"

 

"Okay that's it who blackmailed the maknae and forced her to join the game?"

 

Jessica's eyes travelled to the other people in the room and stopped at the four most possible suspects. Crossing her arms on her chest she accusingly looked at the four who are now huddled close together.

 

"Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, Yuri and Yoona? Now which one of you four pranksters blackmailed Seobaby to join the game?"

 

"Yah Jung Sica! We soooo didn't blackmail maknae here. She joined on her free will."

 

Sooyoung said with her arms on her chest trying to be as intimidating as she can, only to turn back and hide behind Yuri when she saw Jessica taking steps towards her.

 

"R-right Joohyun-ah?"

 

Yuri added trying to save all of them from hellsica.

 

"Unnie it's true. The unnies didn't black mail me I really just want to join the game."

 

Jessica sighed loudly. "And why are you guys playing here inside Taeyeon's room?" She asked as she walked to the sleeping girl in bed.

 

"Well we didn't have any place to play at and Taeyeon doesn't like being left out everytime we play hide and seek and since we don't want Taeyeon to be left out we decided to just play here. You know maybe she'll finally wake up because of all the noise..."

 

Sunny stopped talking when Yuri elbowed her and pointed at the teary eyed Jessica.

 

"I'm sorry Sica. I didn't mean to-"

 

"No, it's okay Sunny. I know Taeyeon will wake up one day. I believe in her."

 

Jessica replied looking all gloomy and the others soon followed through as they slowly stood close to Taeyeon, who is still peacefully sleeping.

 

"Yeah I also believe Taeyeon unnie will wake up soon. Like very very soon, she's a fighter, she won't let this bring her down." Yoona placed her hand on Jessica's shoulder. "And she won't leave you alone Sica unnie. She promised you that, remember?"

 

Jessica shook her head as she caressed Taeyeon's hand. She's not giving up, not until Taeyeon is still here, breathing.

 

Their friends are also not giving up. They're trying to be strong for each other, for Jessica and most especially for Taeyeon. They've convinced themselves that a day would come and Taeyeon will finally open her eyes and they'd be able to hear her ahjumma laugh once again.

 

*********

 

Jessica bid her mom and dad goodbye. Only her, her younger sister Krystal, Hyoyeon, and Seohyun were left to look after Taeyeon. It's a good thing Seohyun's uncle own the hospital thus they're allowed to have more than two persons to look after the patient.

 

Jessica just finished wiping Taeyeon's face with a damp cloth. She carried the bowl to the bathroom to change the water before she would head back to wipe Taeyeon's arms. The other three were busy preparing their dinner when out of nowhere loud crashing sound of something breaking was heard. Hyoyeon, Seohyun and Krystal all turned to look at Jessica who was standing beside Taeyeon's bed, frozen.

 

"Unnie are you okay?" Krystal ran to her sister trying to pull her away form the broken glass pieces but Jessica remained still.

 

"Jess what ha-"

 

Hyoyeon was cut short when Jessica shakily pointed upfront.

 

Hyoyeon, Seohyun and Krystal turned to look the direction Jessica is pointing and their eyes widen, they all gasped at the sight of the sleeping girl who now had her eyes wide open.

 

"Taengoo..."

 

*********

thank you to those who left comments and feedbacks. and to those who were asking for a sequel of the story, here is part 2 :)