The Truth

Beauty Of Love

 

Shinhye rushes to the lobby as soon as the receiptionist informs her that Haejin came.

“Oppa.”

Haejin stood there in suit, smiling as he too approaches her.

Instead of hugging her, he pats her head.

“You are out since last week.”

“Oppa I told omma.”

“But you didn’t tell your oppa. Did you forget you have one?”

“Oppa.”

Shinhye bites her lips, feeling guilty.

“Do you have time for me? I have an important thing to discuss.”

She glances on her wrist and sighs.

“I don’t for now. Will lunch break do?”

Haejin nodded briefly.

“I’ll fetch you. Let’s eat lunch. Just the two of us.”

“Deh oppa.”

Shinhye hugs Haejin tight before she releases him.

“I have to go now.”

“Go.”

He ushers her to go back in and then he watch her retreating back.

He sighs.

“It’s time”

He whispers before he walks to his car.

                                                                                ***

“Something happen?”

Yonghwa asks as he caresses Shinhye’s cheek.

“Oppa came earlier, looking for me.”

“Why?”

Shinhye shakes her head.

“Is it about you staying with me?”

“No, that’s not it. I think he has something important to talk with me.”

“Did he tell you what is it?”

“No. But I’m having a bad feeling.”

“I’m sorry.”

Yonghwa said as he cups her cheek.

“Your day wasn’t as bright as it were. And it’s because of me.”

“Ani. I choose this. I choose you.”

She leans and peck his lips and let it lingers for a while before she pulls back.

“I’ll have lunch with my oppa neh.”

“Okay. Just call me if you want me there alright?”

She nods.

“Now you have to attend a meeting. In 10 minutes.”

“I’ll go when it’s only 3 minutes before its starts.”

“Director.”

He smiles.

“It’s fine. I’ve told noona.”

Shinhye nods.

“Let me give you a hug.”

He said and pulls her hand to stand as well.

Shinhye did as she was told and moves forward to be in his embrace.

“It always good to be hold by you.”

She said.

“I’m your healer.”

He chuckles and closes his eyes.

“Let’s stay like this for few minutes.”

                                                                                                ***

“When are you planning to remarry?”

Yoomi raise her head and looks at Mrs. Jung who was looking at her calmly.

“Do you think my marriage is that important to be asked now?”

“What’s wrong? You did plan to remarry right?”

Yoomi sighs.

“You don’t get what I meant or you just want to pretend that you don’t?”

“If you are talking about Yong, yes I am not concern about him.”

“You didn’t? Really omma? You are that stubborn?”

“Don’t speak in that tone with me Yoomi. I’m your mother.”

“And he is not doing any harm. He is just falling in love.”

“To the wrong person.”

“Oh god. Are you going to talk about the hierarcy and all? Please omma. Miss Park and her family are decent enough.”

“I’m fine if she is taking good care of her behavior. She has too many men around her. The bouquet guy and today I saw her with another man. The way they hug nearly makes me got an attack.”

She said while rubbing her chest.

“Do you somehow know who the man is?”

“I’m not interested to know.”

“See, you are jumping to another conclusion without knowing the real deal.”

“Whoever he is, she should behave. This is her company. The staffs are everywhere. I can’t handle all the comments about her.”

“You heard malicious things about her?”

“She should behave to not get those remarks.”

“Omma.”

“I was asking about the wedding and you make me say all these things. I’m going to the meeting room. Take your time.”

Mrs. Jung said and proceeds to the meeting room.

“Just who is the new guy?”

Yoomi whispers.

“Sorry Yongie. I was shielding her from omma all this time but things just not going smooth for you guys.”

                                                                                                ***

“Shin ah.”

Shinhye stops playing with her food and look at Haejin.

“Deh.”

“Oppa has something important to say but it seems like you are still struggling within yourself.”

“I’m sorry oppa. I just got distracted.”

She smiles and puts down her spoon.

“So what is it?”

She tries to sound bright but her eyes reflect the turmoil in her heart which Haejin acknowledge.

“I thought that I have to tell you later or when the time is right but it ended up like this. I have to tell you as soon as I can to avoid things getting worse if you heard it from someone else.”

“Why? Are you keeping a secret?”

Haejin nods.

“Actually Shin ah. I love you.”

He confessed.

“More than how a brother should love his sister.”

Shinhye looks obviously shocked.

Her face shows terror but she calms down and puts both her hand on her lap and continue to listen.

“I was adopted and you were born 2 years after I live with omma and appa.”

“You are adopted?”

“Yes. That might be help you to realize how am I so different from you and Hyungsik.”

Shinhye frown and shakes her head.

“I didn’t realize it. Did Hyungsik know?”

“Yes.”

He answers shortly before he took a deep breath.

“I kinda blurt it when they saw me and Yoonyoung in the hospital; trying to get rid of our baby.”

“Oppa!”

She exclaimed in shocked while cupping .

“Yes. I’m that kind of guy Shinhye. I’m such a jerk.”

“How could you.”

“It’s all because of my crazy love for you. I thought that someday I can confess to you and we will eventually be together.”

He sighs once again.

“I’m going too far. I used her for my needs. I used her all these years and she knows; she knows that you are the one that I love but she endures it and stay by my side. I failed to appreciate her. When Seunghyun once again comes in the picture; I become more desperate. He holds my secret. My dark secret for falling in love with my sister.”

Shinhye wasn’t saying anything as she was trying to get the entire thing that Haejin said in her mind.

“Seunghyun was my bestie in medical school and we fall in love with the same person. When I fall in love with the girl, I told him that she makes me forget about my feelings for you and he promised to help me. But I saw them kissing.”

Haejin lowered his head as he said that which Shinhye view him as pitiful.

She was thinking of comforting him but Haejin raises his head and looks out of the window.

“I’m stressed out and I went home. You stand out like an angel which makes me love you more than I used to. I had the urge to hug you, kiss you and make you mine from that day when you hug me and pats my back.”

“I’m sorry oppa. I don’t know it makes you think.”

“It’s okay.”

He cuts her.

“You know me as your blood sibling. I was at the fault.”

He smiles a bit.

“I quit the hospital.”

“You quit? Why?”

“Seunghyun gives me a deal. Makes you agree to marry him and I can be the director. You are too precious for him and I choose to quit the job. I just come back from a discussion with my new workplace. They had been offering me to work with them and I just went to them.”

“Seunghyun ssi proposed that? I thought he said we can be just friend.”

Haejin shakes his head.

“He is on medication Shin. You can’t predict what will come from him. That’s why I always keep my eyes on you when you go out with him. I’m glad you choose someone else rather than him.”

“But oppa, you had get over the feeling for me right?”

Haejin nods.

“Yoonyoung helps a lot.”

“At first I don’t realize it. I think I’m just using her but lately I know I had started to love her. And it gives me courage to go clean with you. It hit me hard when I see her in pain. I somehow can hear my baby hating me for abandoning Yoonyoung. At that very moment, I made up my mind. You are a dongsaeng that I love but you will only remain as one. I have to bury all my feelings for you and start living my life for Yoonyoung.”

“You.”

Shinhye paused and smile.

“You did great oppa. Unni worth your love. Not me.”

“Ara. I won’t lie. It does takes time because I used to compare every women I met, I see with you. How are you too good to even compare with them and same goes to Yoonyoung. But I appreciate that she stays. She endure every pain.”

Haejin sighs.

“But I moved on now. I took a huge leap in my live Shin. I finally did. You deserve a life and I know he can give you the best thing that you deserve. It’s my own fault for having those feelings when you just stick to me because I’m your oppa. And you love me as an oppa.”

Haejin lowered his head, feeling disgusted of his self.

Shinhye reach for his hand that was palming his face and squeezes it which make him raised his head and looks at her.

She smiles.

“People do make mistakes. But not all people realize and took a chance to change. I’m proud that I am born with you as my oppa. Adopted or not, you are my oppa and will always be mine. I won’t treat you differently just because you loved me more than a sibling should.”

She smiles and took his other hand.

“We will stay as sibling right? Along with Hyungsikkie?”

Haejin tries to read her expression and soon he nods.

“Thank you Shin ah.”

Shinhye just smiles without saying anything and nods after a while.

“You had protected me oppa and you did it with Seunghyun ssi too. I should be grateful that I have you. Unni is lucky. I am lucky. We are lucky that you are a Park.”

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry that I don’t update for long…

I really had gotten the "writer block" disease…

I’ll try my best to get out of it…

Wish me luck…!

Love you all…