Can You Do Without Him?

Beauty Of Love

 

“You failed.”

“We failed.”

Seunghyun said while gritting his teeth.

He never thought that Yonghwa will embarrass himself as well as his mother at the party earlier.

“You should hold on him when he tries to move away.”

He didn’t allow me to even touch him. How can I do that? I tried, but he shrugs my hand off. How embarrassing I would be?”

Seunghyun keeps and unfists his hand.

“You have to marry me no matter what.”

“I know and I want it to happen too but I can’t do anything when he doesn’t want it. I’m the female here remember?”

“Damn!”

He cursed which makes So Eun jumps a bit, shocked.

“I still haven’t gotten any answer from Haejin.”

After sensing that he just cursing out of anger, So Eun calm down and responds to him.

“He might be accepting it. You said that you can threaten him with his real relationship with Miss Park.”

Seunghyun nods.

“I’m just waiting for the right time. We have no much time though. And we can’t let President Jung soften and accept them. We have to rush things.”

“I’ll take care of that. Now where should I drop you?”

“You can send me to my apartment since it’s late.”

“Okay.”

And Seunghyun droves away.

                                                                                                ***

“Why did you do that?”

Yoomi asked when Mrs. Jung was about to lay down on her bed, feeling exhausted from all the ruckus earlier.

She gives up on her bed and stands up to join Yoomi on the couch inside her room.

She sat down and sigh.

“You don’t understand. I need Yonghwa, it’s true but I need the partners and stock holders too.”

“IT has nothing to do with Yong and Miss Park’s relationship omma.”

“IT is. It is related to them. Did you saw their reaction when Yong announce his relationship? They are looking down at me. As if I’m not capable anymore. I can’t even stop my son from falling in love with his secretary.”

“You are capable omma and people who know you know. And they did not say anything when I married Jaejoong ssi.  He is not up to our level too.”

Mrs. Jung shakes her head.

“It’s different Yoomi. You are a lady while Yong is a man. He will rule the company when I give up my position and I don’t want him to screw everything that I had achieved just because he had a scandal with his secretary. It’s hard for me to get to this position alone after your appas’ death. I’m just protecting what I have to protect, my family, the company and our dignity.”

“You bring that up again omma. And why are you saying their relationship as a scandal? It’s not that Yong is married and he betrays his wife.”

“That’s how people address boss and workers love relationship.”

“But this is about your son, my brother; pease have a deep thought about it omma. I don’t want you to regret.”

“I won’t regret.”

“What if Yonghwa won’t come home again?”

Mrs. Jung keeps her silent.

Yoomi sigh.

“Omma, will you do without Yong?”

Mrs. Jung didn’t answers that as well.

Yoomi stands up and prepare to leave but she stops and turns to Mrs. Jung.

“I’ve been wondering where did Yonghwa got the cold hearted charcter but now I know from whom did he inherits it. I’ll let you sort out your thought. You have to remember omma, Yong is changing to be a better human being and it had a lot to do with Miss Park. And the Mis Park that makes him eenjoying life more is deeply hurt today with your action.”

Yoomi stops walking when she reached the door.

“Remember omma, loving someone is beautiful. Ihope you can find the beauty of love if you try to loosen a bit and think from the brighter side. Good night.”

                                                                                                ***

She stares at the sparkling stones on her finger.

She sighs and looks at Yonghwa who was sleeping beside her on the bed.

They went straight to Yonghwa’s apartment last night and she called her parents saying she would spend a day out and they agreed after they seem to get that she wasn’t feeling good.

“What good deed have I done to get such a great guy like you?”

She caresses his bang and leans to kiss his forehead.

Last night was scary and she spent all night crying but Yonghwa is there, whispering sweet words as he calm her down and she eventually sleeps on his bed.

She leans back and continues to stare on him.

“What do I do if I make your life turns upside down?”

“Do we need to part?”

She thought while her eyes are roaming on his calm sleeping feature.

She shakes her head.

“After what you did last night, I shouldn’t have that thought right?”

“Oh God, I’m such a baby last night.”

She said, palming her face.

If she was looking on a mirror right now, she is sure that she can see her eyes are still puffy.

She leans on the head board, straightens her legs and slowly gathers Yonghwa’s head and makes him lie down on her lap.

She leans down on him again and carefully brushes her lips on his forehead.

“Saranghae, Jung Yonghwa.”

                                                                                ***

“Where is Shin?”

“She is staying out last night.”

“With her boyfriend?”

There is a tint of jealousy in Haejin tone as what Yoonyoung heard but she chooses not to care and silently drinks her soup.

“Deh.”

Mrs. Park answers shortly and moves her attention on her daughter in law.

“Are you doing fine today?”

“Deh eomonim. I can walk now.”

“Don’t stress yourself out neh.”

“I’ll make sure she doesn’t.”

“Don’t simply talk. Show it in your action.”

Mrs. Park said with a sharp glare on Haejin.

He doesn’t seem to understand and continues to eat.

“By the way, is appa in?”

“He is out for his morning jogs. Why?”

“I have an important thing to discuss and I need appa’s present.”

“If you can wait, he’ll be home in 10 minutes.”

Haejin glances to his wrist and nods.

“I don’t have any appointment appoint to me today. I’ll wait.”

“What is it? Is it that important that you need to discuss it?”

“Yes. Very important and it keeps bothering me too for days.”

“Should I call appa then?”

“Aniyo omma. Kenchana. I can wait.”

He smiles and turns his attention on Yoonyoung.

“Are you not feeling well? You are not eating much.”

“I’m fine oppa. I think I should leave you to have the discussion with your family.”

Yoonyoung was about to stand up when Haejin stops her.

“Why should you? You are my wife and that’s means you are family too.”

“Deh. He is right Yoonyoung ah. Sit down and eat more. You are getting skinnier and that won’t be good for your baby.”

“Let me feed you.”

“Deh?”

Yooyoung widens her eyes in shocked but Haejin had fills the spoon with rice and side dishes as he gesture it to .

“Eat plenty and get well soon.”

He said after the first scoop and pats her head.

Mrs. Park smiles at the interaction and left for the couple to have their own moment.

                                                                                                ***

“I had been offered to be the Director in my current work place.”

“That is good news.”

Mr. Park said while smiling proudly at his son.

“Yes son. Why do you want to discuss about it?”

“You know about Seunghyun right?”

Mrs. Park nods.

“What about him?”

“He is interested in uri Shin and as an exchange for me to be the Director, he wants Shin to marry him.”