Eighteen

The Truth About Luv

It was noon  by the time Sora woke up. She shuffled out of her room and bumped into Youngjae. He laughed at her appearance and Sora punched him in the chest. She then went to the bathroom and had a refreshing shower. Youngjae started pounding on the door and Sora came out with her wrapped up in a towel.

"Are you coming out with us again?" Youngjae asked as he pushed past her and went into the bathroom, locking the door behind him.

"Am I going to sit around and do nothing all day like last time?" Sora asked through the door.

"What that negative attitude you can do anything."  Youngjae sang as the shower started up again. Sora headed to her bedroom and dried her hair. As she looked at herself in the mirror she realised that she wasn't wearing the right clothing. A plain white tee and dark wash jeans weren't good enough for some reason. So she changed into a pair of black skinny jeans and a red sweater with a white cross in the middle that hung off one shoulder then she paired it with a dark orange beanie. When she looked herself over again she hated that she was putting any sort of effort into how she looked. "SORA LET'S GO OR I AM LEAVING YOU BEHIND!" Youngjae yelled from the front door. Sora darted out of her room and put on her high tops. Youngjae opened the door and standing there was Ravi and Jongup.

"Uhh....hey..." Jongup awkwardly said and he looked to Ravi who looked equally as awkward.

"We met up nearby so we figured we might as well come by your place and walk to the park with  you." Ravi looked over Youngjae and saw Sora bent over as she tied her shoes.

"Then let's go." Youngjae tapped Sora on the back of the head, telling her to hurry up. Sora scowled at Youngjae as the four of them set out to the park. Youngjae and Jongup did most of the talking while Ravi and Sora quietly walked behind the two, neither of them saying anything or even looking at each other.

"You have fun yesterday?" Ravi suddenly asked and Sora looked over at him and he was staring at the ground in front of them.

"Yeah....we didn't get to dance together." Sora pointed out and Ravi just nodded his head.

"I don't dance much."

"I saw you dance with Irene."  Sora blurted out and Ravi finally looked over at her. He had an awkward smile on his face.

"Yeah....I did..." Ravi kicked a pebble and Sora looked at the back of Jongup's head. Almost as if he could tell she was looking at him, Jongup turned around and smiled at her. "I only know Irene because Jongup introduced her to me. He's been talking to Wendy a lot lately."

"You mean the girl from Canada who is a grade older than him?" Sora asked and Ravi nodded his head. Sora looked back at Jongup who was back to talking to Youngjae. All of her boys were  growing away from her. "I see." Sora said and Ravi stayed quiet. He looked ahead and he saw someone on a bicycle coming towards them so he grabbed Sora's wrist and moved her on the other side of him so she couldn't possibly get hit. "Thanks." Sora said and Ravi just grunted in response. When they walked into the park they could see the other guys already had started the game. Not wanting to miss out on anything, Sora ran ahead and grabbed Jongup's hand. "Let's hurry up!" Sora said as she run off with Jongup. Both Jongup and Sora were laughing as they ran away.

"YAH! DON'T HOLD HANDS! WHO SAID YOU COULD HOLD HANDS! GET BACK HERE YOO SORA!" Youngjae chased after them and Ravi just walked at his normal pace.  When they got to the basketball court Sora was squealing and all of the boys looked over to see what the problem.

"SEPERATE!" Jongup yelled and he and Sora let go of hands at the same time. Jongup kept running and hide behind a garbage can while Sora ran onto the court and ran straight to Yongguk. The other boys, Ken, Hongbin, Himchan and Daehyun just watched the fight fold out in front of them.

"Yongguk oppa! Youngjae is going to kill me~" Sora wrapped her hands around Yongguk and he put his hands up in surprise. Sora hugged him tightly when Youngjae came onto the court to punish her. Youngguk embraced Sora tightly and protected her from Youngjae. The game started when everyone finally calmed down with only a few of the guys straggling behind because N had lost his cell phone somewhere in his room.  They only showed up just as Sora scored her first point.

"AND SHE SLAM DUNKS!" Yongguk had lifted Sora up by her waist so she could dunk the ball.

"That's not fair! Uppie, hold me!" Ken yelled as he lunged at Jongup, the two of them ended falling to the ground awkwardly.

"What are you doing hyung?!" A voice called out and everyone looked over to see Zelo, Hyuk, N and Leo walking up the court.

"Daebak." Someone commented when Leo was in full view. He, like Sora, was also wearing black pants and a red sweater with a white cross in the middle. Leo groaned as he walked up to them. He covered his face in embarrassment and Sora's face was bright red, matching their sweaters.

"Are you two a couple?! Did you plan this?!" N said in a loud voice as he clasped his hands together, preparing himself for the news.

"He doesn't have the beanie though." Himchan pointed out and Leo reached into his back pocket and pulled out an identical hat. Everyone started freaking out while Youngjae glared at Leo who sunk to the ground in embarrassment.

"Are you really dating?" Daehyun asked as he looked between the two.

"NO! I would never date her." Leo said jumping to his feet.

"Rude." Sora commented and she folded her arms across her chest and pouted.

"I didn't mean it like that..." Leo said directly to Sora and she nodded her head. She understood what he meant, that didn't mean his comment hurt any less. Sora had no idea why the comment hurt, it just did. The guys pushed it aside and started up the game again. Leo went over to Sora and the two awkwardly stood by each other. "I really didn't mean to sound rude...I was just flustered." Leo said in his soft voice and Sora nodded. She wanted to stop talking about it. Hearing it over and over again in her head was enough already. "Don't be mad at me...please." Leo begged and Sora let out a sigh as she had a huge smile on her face.

"I'm not mad at you. I promise. Scouts honour." Sora said with a smile and Leo smiled back.

"Thanks." He placed his hand on her shoulder and Sora just nodded her head. Even though what Leo said had hurt her, she couldn't stay mad at him. Their personalities were too similar for her to dislike him. With the awkward situation aside, the two joined in the game. The guys were going easy on Sora and would purposely miss blocks or hand her the ball. She knew they were doing this but she didn't want to complain because her team was winning.

"Winner buys drinks!" N yelled and he was met with cheers by his losing team.

"How does that make sense?" Zelo argued.

"I doesn't~" Ken happily cheered as he skipped around the court while everyone else was sitting down and was out of breath.  

"I'll buy." Sora stood up and headed out of the court. All of the guys shouted their thanks as she left and headed towards a group of vending machines a little further into the park. As she bought the thirteen drinks for everyone, she tried to think about what every single person would want even though the machine only have four options. In the end she bought four waters, four cold coffees, four orange juices and a single cherry flavoured water for herself.

"Hey, I recognise you." Someone leaned against the vending machine as she paid for the drinks. Sora looked at him closer and she instantly could tell who he was.

"You're one of Yujin's friends, right? A member of Bangtan?" Sora bent over and grabbed the drinks that were slowly pilling up in her arms.

"Yeah, my name is V. Glad that to see that you could remember me." He said with a bright smile and Sora just nodded her head. "So what are you up to? Are you really that thirsty?" V asked as he saw Sora struggling to hold all of the drinks in her arms.

"They're for my friends." Sora replied and V nodded his head.

"Let me help you." He reached out to grab some of the drinks but Sora pulled away from him.

"It's fine, I can handle it." Sora tried walking away but V kept getting in her way.

"Come on, I'm a nice guy. Let me help."

"I said I was fine."

"Don't be so shy. I can help." Once again V reached out to grab the drinks when a hand reached out and stopped him. Sora looked and saw that Hongbin was glaring at V as he held his hand away from Sora.

"She said she could do it. Can't you take a hint?" Hongbin threw V's hand away before wrapping his arm around Sora's shoulder and pulling her away. They heard V swear and kick the vending machine as they walked away. Hongbin didn't remove his arm from Sora and he continued to have a stern look on his face.

"Did he touch you?" Hongbin asked and Sora shook her head. She so nervous from being so close to Hongbin that she couldn't talk. Hongbin didn't let go of Sora until they made it back to the court where the guys were playing rock, paper, scissors to see who would have to embarrass themselves.

"WHY DOES EVERYONE FEEL THE NEED TO TOUCH MY SISTER?!" Youngjae yelled when he saw Hongbin's arm around Sora's shoulder. He quickly took it away and shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Oh please, it's not like we kissed or anything." Hongbin said, sending a little wink to Sora who was ready to throw a bottle of water at his head.

"Wonshik~" A high pitched voice called out. Everyone turned to see four girls, all in cheerleader uniforms and all with half dyed hair. Sora recognised them. They were Irene, Seulgi, Wendy and Joy. Four best friends who were cheerleaders. It wasn't surprising. All of the girls were bright, cheerful, energetic and pretty. The total opposite of Sora. The girls were smiling brightly as they walked up to the chain link fence surrounding the basketball court. Ravi grabbed an orange juice from Sora and then headed over to Irene who was the one to call out his name. Soon after all of the guys grabbed a drink from Sora and then  headed over to the four new girls and were introducing themselves.

Sora picked up the end of her hair, wondering if she should dye it. Maybe then she would look more attractive to him. Once again a certain guys face popped into her head and Sora mentally slapped herself for even thinking like that. Sora chugged her water and then practiced taking shots while the guys were all huddled around the four smiling girls.

At night, when everyone said their goodbyes and went home, one of the boys was feeling light on his feet. Being able to spend all day with Sora was exciting and for once he didn't feel like she ignored him. He wished they could be alone together more often but he didn't want to push his luck. The boy looked at his hand and could remember touching Sora earlier in the day. He laid down on his bed, burring his face into his pillow. He wanted to go on a date with her. Just once. Maybe if he did then he might not like her anymore. Maybe she ate with open. Maybe she swore like a sailor. Maybe she would flirt with other men right in front of him. He hoped that maybe she would so that he could stop liking her so much. But he knew she would never do things like that. She was perfect. In his eyes anyways.

-----------------------------------

Red Velvet

(Pink: Irene Yellow: Seulgi Green: Joy Blue: Wendy)