Fifteen

The Truth About Luv

When Sora got home she went straight to bed. She didn't want to run the chances of running into Youngjae when he got home. Sora was laying in bed, starting to drift to sleep when there was a soft knock on her bedroom door. She forced her eyes closed and turned her back to the door. Youngjae walked in and saw that Sora was laying in bed.

"Sora? Are you awake?" Youngjae asked softly and when Sora didn't answer he sighed. Instead of leaving Youngjae came over to the bed and sat down. "I know you're not awake but I want you to know that we're not mad at you for ditching us today. We realized that we were ignoring you, and I'm sorry about that. It wasn't fair for me to invite you out and then no one really talk to you all day. I'm sorry. But please, never just leave like that again, we were all super worried." Youngjae patted his younger sisters head and sighed again. "What am I going to do with you?" Youngjae stood up and left the room, softly closing the door behind him. Sora wished she could have opened her eyes and talked to Youngjae, but she was too stubborn. She wanted to apologise for ditching them, but she didn't want to have to say she was sorry.

When the morning came Sora and Youngjae acted as if nothing happened. He acted like he never talked to her in her sleep and she never acted like she was awake the whole time. They just went about their normal morning routine while laughing and talking like normal. They walked up to the school gates and all of VIXX and BAP were waiting for them.

"Hey, do you think if I yell that you have a crush on one of them that they would believe me?" Youngjae teased as he watched Sora's face turn bright red.

"Shut up! I do not!" Sora punched his arm and Youngjae winced in pain.

"You didn't have to hit me! I was only kidding!"

"Don't say stuff like that!"

"I'LL DO WHAT I WANT! HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT SORA-"

"SHUT YOUR MOUTH DAMN IT!" Sora tackled Youngjae to the ground and the two of them were rolling on the ground wrestling like when they were children. A pair of strong hands reached down and yanked Sora off of Youngjae and pulled her to her feet. Sora looked over and saw that Yongguk was the one that pulled her away from him.

"Fighting isn't very lady like." Yongguk said and Sora lunged at Youngjae again but when Yongguk firmly held onto her she pouted.  

"He was making fun of me!" Sora tried to defend her actions.

"Rude." Ravi said and Youngjae stood on his feet.

"It was a joke! Why does everyone always take Sora's side?" Youngjae yelled at them.

"We're not all on her side." Daehyun pointed out.

"Everyone who thinks Sora had a right to hit me, raise your hand." All of the guys immediately raised their hands high into the air. "SEE!"

"You deserve to get hit because you're an idiot." Hongbin joked and Leo chuckled. Youngjae pouted and all of the guys could see their family resemblance. They were both adorable when they were upset.

"Screw you guys." Youngjae stormed away with N, Zelo and Ken following after him trying to calm him down. Sora looked over at Yongguk and saw that he was holding onto her. Sora cleared awkwardly and when Yongguk noticed his hands flew away from her.

"Sorry." He smiled and the rest of the group headed into the school and separated into their own classrooms. Hyuk and Zelo hung around Sora's desk and the three same-aged friends laughed and had a nice conversation until the bell rang and a strange teacher walked in.

"Hello, my name is Mister Kim. I will be your new homeroom teacher. Your old teacher, Mister Choi has been transferred to a new school due to an...unfortunate incident." The new teacher awkwardly looked down at the class list and started calling out names. Sora's eyes automatically went to Hyuk and Zelo, both of them had a mischievous smirk on their faces as they looked at each other. It was times like these that Sora remembered that her dorks were some scarily powerful people.

"Hyuk...what did you do?" Sora whispered to him and Hyuk just winked.

"Now, the first order of business." Mister Kim held up a little poster with the words 'Romance Under the Stars' on it. "In one week we will be having a big formal dance at the school. Think of it like a prom. It's on Saturday so you can spend all day getting prepared. Everyone is invited. If you want any more information look to this poster. Don't ask me, I don't care." He walked over to the wall and stuck the poster up. Sora felt a million pair of eyes fall on her. She looked around the room and saw that all of the boys were looking at her. She slammed her head on the desk and prayed that this was all in her imagination. Sora had no idea how people actually liked her when she never even spoke one word to them. Class went on as usual but when the bell rang Zelo and Hyuk jumped out of their desks and ran to Sora to protect her from the rest of the guys in their class who rushed her desk. Hyuk and Zelo formed a protective barrier around Sora as they made their way out of the class room. In the hallway things got worse as guys from every grade came to her to try and ask her to the dance. They made it to an intersection of hallways where they became surrounded by every angle. Sora was being crushed against the lockers as Hyuk and Zelo were being ripped away from her so that the others could get to her.

"Move." A voice said through the crowd and the guys parted for Daehyun to walk through. All of the guys stopped shoving and arguing and watched as Daehyun walked up to Sora and held out his hand. "Want to go to the dance with me?" Daehyuns question caught Sora off guard and she looked around at the horde of guys surrounding her, all wishing she would reject him.

"Sure." Sora took Daehyun's hand and he led her away from the crowd. Zelo and Hyuk followed after them as the two headed to the cafeteria.

"Hyung, I was going to ask her." Hyuk said and Daehyun shrugged.

"I was going to ask her too!" Zelo whined and Daehyun laughed.

"You took too long." Daehyun pointed out as he let go of Sora's hand and they walked beside each other.

"It's been five minutes!" Hyuk pointed out and Daehyun just mocked them for his small victory. Sora looked back down the hallway when she heard a commotion of girls. Hongbin was being swarmed by girls just as she had been with the guys.

"This is ridiculous." Sora said as she turned around and marched towards the girls. "Move out of my way." Sora said and one girl told her to shut up and move. "Excuse me?" Sora said and the girl turned around and when she saw who she was talking to her face paled.

"She said move." Daehyun, Zelo and Hyuk all stood behind Sora as her defenders and the girls moved out of the way for Hongbin. When Hongbin saw Sora a smile spread across his face.

"Come on, let's get lunch." Sora turned and walked away with the four guys following her. All of the girls groaned in frustration since they were sure that Hongbin and Sora were going to go together. What they didn't know was that Daehyun had already asked her.

"Thanks for saving me." Hongbin nudged Sora with his elbow and she shrugged.

"This is madness. Who says I even want to go with anyone?" Sora sighed.

"Hey,  I asked you and you said yes." Daehyun pointed out and Sora entered the cafeteria where the rest of BAP and VIXX were already sitting.

"Youngjae, is it okay if Daehyun takes me to the dance?" Sora asked as she sat between Ravi and Yongguk. Both of them split their food so Sora could have something to eat. Yongguk gave her half of his meat and rice while Ravi gave her half of his vegetables and a whole bottle of apple juice.

"No." Youngjae answered calmly as he took a large spoonful of rice.

"Why not?! I would be a great date!" Daehyun sat down beside Youngjae while Hyuk and Zelo smiled in victory.

"I said no." Youngjae looked around the table and saw of the guys nervously avoiding his gaze. "Who else was going to ask Sora to the dance?" Youngjae asked and all of the guys slowly raised their hands. Sora was surprised to see Leo and Jongup raise their hands with the rest of the guys. Youngjae stood up and slammed his fist on the table and the whole cafeteria grew quiet. "I WILL SAY THIS ONCE. NO ONE IS GOING TO THE DANCE WITH SORA. DO NOT ASK HER. DO NOT LOOK AT HER. IF I FOUND OUT ANY ONE ASKED HER I WILL BEAT THE OUT OF THEM." With that Youngjae angrily sat back down and everyone was still silent, watching him as he pouted and mumbled. In the middle of the silence Sora clapped her hands together and all of the boys at the table looked at her.

"Well, I think I have been sufficiently embarrassed enough for one day. You guys have fun eating and acting like idiots." Sora stood up, took the still full apple juice and left the table.

One of the guys watched as Sora left and everyone in the cafeteria started talking again and acting as if Youngjae's outburst never happened.  The guy sighed out of frustration and threw his chop sticks onto the table. Even though he promised himself that he was going to forget Sora, it was becoming harder and harder. All it took was one little smile or look from her and his heart would stop. Even though he wanted to go to the dance with Sora, he was too afraid to go against Youngjae's wishes. He stood up from the table and started walking away.

"Hey! Where are you going?" N called out and the guy turned around to look at him. All of the other guys were eating their food and were all grumbling about how they couldn't go to the dance alone and didn't want to go with anyone other than Sora.

"I need fresh air." He said before leaving the cafeteria. The guy watched as a few girls followed behind him, all afraid to gather the courage to ask him to the dance. He was jealous of this girls. They at least were brave enough to show their faces to him. He had to hide in the shadows and hope that one day Sora will notice him. The boy went to the roof but when he opened the door he stopped in his tracks when he saw Sora sitting on the edge of the building with a cigarette hanging out of . She was so beautiful that looking at her caused him pain. He wanted to go and sit beside her and talk to her but he was afraid that he wouldn't be able to hide his feelings for her. He was afraid that if he was alone with her than he wouldn't be able to control himself around her.

Sora heard a noise behind her on the rooftop and whipped her head around to see who it was, afraid that is was a teacher who caught her smoking. Instead she was met by the door to the rooftop closing. Sora rushed over to the door and opened it but no one was there.

"Hello? Anyone there?" She called out but all she heard were footsteps heading down the stairs and then the opening and closing of the door that led into the main part of the school. She shrugged and headed back to the roofs edge to finish her cigarette before class started again.

-----------------------------------------

ohhhhhhhh~ Dance + drama incoming~