Links (BW - 10)

Forever Till The End

FTTE 2026 Feb

 

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

 

73. LINKS - (BYONG’S WEDDING – 10)

 

With the young people in their twenties and thirties forming their own group to visit the Loveland exhibits and bond over common embarrassment or lack of it, as may apply to each one individually, Puppy and I spent a lot of our time catching up with our overseas guests.

Appa and abeoji went golfing with their band of politicians even though some of them didn’t know anything about the sport. Appa glared at me when I snickered at that piece of information. Siwon and DongHae entertained the senior agency officials in the spa. Puppy and I took our group of guests to the pub on their request. Puppy’s relatives hogged the spa facility driving away some of our other guests with their loud discussion about our decadent gay lifestyle. I failed to understand what our ual orientation had to do with the decadence that all his relatives were going to enjoy during their entire stay. We kept this bit of information from reaching Puppy’s ears.

Kibum’s nieces and nephew spent the day with other youngsters who had not gone to Loveland. They watched movies, swam and played tennis, which turned into a daily routine for their little group. When the Loveland group joined them in the evening, all of them divided into four teams to have swimming and tennis competitions. Sehun made sure to include the two new teenage couples in their sporty activities or anything else they deemed suitable for teens their age.

Failing to find couple clothes suitable for the wedding, my mother promised them a set each for Chuseok. That is, after she made sure I would give her the money she needed to keep her promise. Ashe and Carmen did manage to arrange for them couple accessories like ties, scarves, lapel pins, and more tidbits. It was enough to keep Joongie and Yunho happy. Yoochun and Junsu were not very interested in such obvious displays of their togetherness.

Minho spent most of that day pouting because he was not included in the breakfast discussion about the teens. The sight of the 62-year-old sulking like a baby caused unending hilarity in our family. Jae-Mizui loudly exclaimed her intentions for Minho many times, “Jinri, your uncle’s pouty lips are so edible.” Byong gave her an irritated look but kept silent.

Duckie was not so reticent. She frowned at her friend and hit her shoulder, “Unnie, Minho uncle is even older than your father. You are only 23. Stop behaving like a ert. There are so many nice young men, more suitable, in this gathering.”

Minx laughed, “Jae-Mizui tell Minho appa this and he will tell you frankly to your face that he loves ummappa only.” She then looked at her husband and wondered loudly, “What has changed him so much? He was never faithful when they were together. But now he wants no one else but ummappa? I think he is senile.” Her words caused all the youngsters to laugh.

Kai thought for a moment and answered her, “From what I have understood about Minho uncle, he likes the challenge of unattainable.”

Sehun and Byong cracked their knuckles. Sehun voiced their collective opinion, “If he lays even a finger on ummappa, we will rearrange his face. It won’t matter that he is related to us through Minnie.”

Byong added menacingly, “We won’t allow anyone to break apart ummappa and appa. Minho uncle had better stop hankering after ummappa.”

Jae-Mizui’s words interrupted whatever else Byong was going to add, “Oh! So, to get his attention I have to play hard to get? That will take a lot of time. I just wanted to have a few days’ fling with him.” She turned to Duckie and winked, “You are right Jinri. There are other fishes in the water. But, don’t think of that frigid ice man again. I have no intention of teaching to a .”

Ashe and Carmen looked at her face in confusion till Minx clarified, “Jae-Mizui is talking about Kiwoo oppa.” Ashe and Carmen nodded and then blushed. Ashe spoke for the two, “He is a ?”

Sehun and Kai began laughing and shook their heads. Minx clarified again, “He just as well be one with the way he behaves around females. Jae-Mizui is exactly what he needs to get rid of his shyness.”

“Or scar him for life,” Byong made a face at Jae-Mizui. She poke her tongue at him and turned to face Minx, pointedly ignoring her friend’s fiancé.

Ashe and Carmen whispered to each other in Mandarin, blushed and shook their heads. Everyone watched their exchange till Amber snorted and laughed loudly. She turned to others and explained, “They are discussing who will go after Kiwoo oppa. But both decided they want to stay in Daegu only and expand their business. They agree to leave Kiwoo oppa for Jae-Mizui.” The twins blushed redder and pouted at Amber on hearing her explanation.

Jae-Mizui squawked in protest, “You cannot link me with that ice man. I refuse to have anything to do with him.” When Minx opened to say more, she put her hand up to halt her, “Don’t say again that we both live in New York and it will be convenient for us. I am finishing my masters soon and have no idea where I will go after that.”

“But, he is so hot,” Ashe gushed about Kiwoo in a whisper. “Did you see his rippling muscles when we were swimming?” The twins blushed again at the memory of the man under discussion. “I would so love to take his measurements,” Carmen whispered to Ashe. Both giggled, blushed and giggled more.

Amber rolled her eyes and scoffed, “Who would believe you are related to me by blood? You are almost drooling over a man who is most probably not even aware of your existence.”

My attention was diverted from their discussion when Yixing tapped my shoulder. I leaned back and raised my brows in question. “Ummappa, Joongie has forbidden us from eating at their table?” Yixing whispered with a forlorn expression. His chin pointed towards the table where the teens were having their dinner. “I am only a few months younger to Changmin hyung. Why can’t I eat with the five of them?”

I looked behind Yixing to confirm my theory and found Yibo hiding behind him, holding on to his arm. I smiled at the older boy, “Well Yixing, the reason for their refusal is standing right behind you. You may be same age as Changmin but Yibo is only 8 years old. Are you willing to leave his side to join them?”

Yixing shook his head in refusal and pulled Yibo to stand next to him. When Yibo made to hide behind him again, Yixing held on to his hand tightly and wouldn’t let the younger boy move. “Yibo won’t say anything to them. He talks only to me. He will sit with me only. I will not leave him alone.”

“And, there is your answer Yixing,” I smiled kindly at them. “You cannot expect those five to change their conversation topics to keep them suitable for the ears of an eight year old. It would be unfair to them. Also, did you consider Baekhyun in the equation? He is same age as Yibo and will insist on joining the two of you. Sooyoung will sulk through the wedding, if she does not accompany you and Baekkie because she is older than him. If Baekkie sits at that table, he will pull Wenhan with him. And little Irene will follow Wenhan. With Irene will come Taeyong and Jungkook. Where those three go, Chen and Ren will go as well. Minho and Eunha will follow the five kids. Now, you only think if Joongie is wrong in refusing you a seat at their table?”

Before my nephew could think of anything to say, Yibo whispered, “Lay, let go of my hand. You go and sit with them. I am fine with Baekkie and Wenhan.” Yixing morosely observed the children’s table where Minho and Eunha were laughing and supervising the dinner of young Ohs, Lees, Parks and Wenhan. Then he looked at the table where his older cousins were enjoying dinner with their boyfriends.

Yixing’s eyes became determined and he turned to Yibo, “No, it is not fine. You will sit with me. I know that is what you want. Right?” Yibo gave a small nod and Yixing beamed at him, “Don’t worry. I got an idea. Baekkie will not follow us. I will promise him whatever he wants for his birthday. Come, let’s talk to Joongie hyung again.”

Yixing resolutely strode towards his older cousins’ table pulling a very happy Yibo with him. He pulled two chairs and made Yibo sit down next to Junsu and occupied the seat next to him, alongside Changmin. Puppy loaded two plates with food and called a waiter to give to the boys. We watched as Junsu silenced Joongie’s protests and allowed the two younger boys to join their table.

Yifan’s mumbling brought our attention back to our table, “I have no idea what kind of magic wand Yixing used. But little Yibo is like his shadow since Yixing stayed with us.”

“I always think it is the case of a lost lamb leading another little lamb,” Luhan guffawed at his own joke and winked at Yifan. “What are you complaining about? I thought you approved?”

Yifan’s face went pink and it dawned on us what Luhan was hinting at. Heechul was quick to point, “Yifan, don’t let Gina catch your thoughts. She will hammer a nail into your brain to ventilate it.” His remark was met with laughter from everyone including Yifan.

“You are a fine one to talk Luhan. Do you note your own grandson’s antics?” Yifan wagged a finger at his friend.

“What about him? I don’t see him becoming anyone’s shadow?” Luhan turned to observe Wenhan.

“Little Irene, shorty. Look at little Irene.” Yifan pointed us in the direction of the babies again. We looked as Irene insisted on Wenhan feeding her something from his plate. When he did, she leaned towards him and kissed his cheek. The seven-year-old boy turned pink and shyly looked into his plate. We watched with our jaws hanging open as the two little ones continued with the feeding and kissing. Irene would point at something in Wenhan’s plate and he would feed it to her. She would kiss his cheek and he would blush pink.

Suddenly Luhan shot up from his chair and did a little dance. He punched the air exultantly, “Yes, yes, yes. It happened. Finally, I will be related to the two erts.”

“We are not erts,” Puppy protested. I just laughed at our friend’s actions.

Yifan snorted and pulled Luhan back to his chair, “Sit down, pygmy. Irene is only four. She can change her mind when she meets taller boys. You just pray that Wenhan does not take your height. He will need to be tall to keep up with Sehun and Minx’s daughter. She will definitely be as tall as you are.”

“Say whatever you want, woodlog. The truth is, I will be related to the s,” Luhan poked Yifan’s shoulder gleefully.

“Don’t hold your breath, dwarf. I will still beat you. Both Yixing and Yibo are older. Just wait and eat your heart out, Gina and I will be hosting the next wedding party,” Yifan looked fondly at Yixing and Yibo who were busy talking to each other while eating their dinner. He lightly pushed Luhan and grinned when the other man made a sour face.

The rest of us stared at the four children. DongHae thumped the table, “I can’t wait for Chen and Ren to grow up and give hell to Kai. He will know what a father feels.”

Hyukkie made a face at his husband and groaned, “I still cannot believe you permitted Key hyung to dress Ren in girl clothes even here. When will you stop taking revenge on Kai? Ren is a boy not a girl. It hurts me to watch him become so girly. Do you see the doll in his arms? Oh god, I have a brain-damaged husband.”

Donghae grinned at Hyukkie and kissed his cheek, “If I was brain-damaged, I wouldn’t love you and put up with your nutty family.”

We couldn’t control our laughter as the two of them continued to bicker about their grandsons. Siwon located Kibum at another table and waved him over to ours. We knew that Kibum and Donghae would gang up together where Ren was concerned and poor Hyukkie could only protest without either of them paying attention to his words.

I hoped they realized that was one identity crisis in making. But it didn’t bother anyone much. With the whole lot of us to guide him, Ren would be straightened out soon enough.