37 Since when is goodbye really good?

Desperate

"You see... About this machine..." Yoongi started and pulled out a box under one of the control tables . All eyes were on him as he pulled open the led and lifted a metal like cube out from it, with one single red button on top.

"Look Youngjae, it looks like your cube! Only bigger! " Daehyun thought that it was just another cube, just with a bigger house made from it. He was completely unaware what that 'cube's capabilities were.

"You're right... it really looks like a cube! But moving on... Is this really the machine that could fix everything Suga-hyung?"

Yoongi smiled at the name... After his constant reminders to call him that, he finally did.

"Well... It doesn't fix EVERYTHING... It just... kills every existing Tokiverox with the push of this button.." 
He said in a jolly tone, but Hoseok was quick enough to spot something off.

"Really?!! That fixes everything then!" Daehyun almost pushed the button right then and there but Yoongi's hand caught his.

"Let me explain..." He said with the nicest possible tone he could manage and let Daehyun's hand down gently... 
Hoseok noticed the sudden change.. It was as if he was afraid to hurt Daehyun.

"Oh...okay.. sorry.." Daehyun gave a small bow which Yoongi could only smile at.

"You don't have to apologize... Anyway... as I was saying... It can kill every existing tokiverox with a push of this button. You see.. when the button is pushed, this device sends shock waves all throughout the whole universe... we humans are immune to that shock wave... well every single specie is... but the tokkies are an exception... their blood is very reactive, so when the shock waves reach them-" A bump cut through his explanation and they all struggled to maintain their balance.

"When the shock waves reach them, the pressure would be too much for their blood and they'll all explode to dust.." Yoongi uneasily said.

Suddenly another blow hit their ship and knocked them at their feet. The device almost fell to where the button was located but Yoongi quickly drew it near to his chest and guarded it, causing him to catch the hard fall instead.

"Hurry up and push it then! We're running out of attacks!" 
Hoseok yelled to the top of his lungs as soon as seeing the attack load's amount on the screen decrease.

"Hoseok! Did you forget?!! " Yoongi suddenly yelled back. Did he really just let it slip from his mind?!

"Forget what?!" He screamed back, gaze not leaving the dark abyss now filled with more enemy ships.

"I didn't forget anything! Hurry up and push the button or we're done for!" He held his son's hand tightly as he thought what Yoongi could possibly be stalling for?! Can't he see this was no time for incoherent questions?

"The serum we used on Daehyun was ninety percent tokiverox blood! If I push this button he will die along with them!!" At this, everyone's world suddenly came crashing down. Hoseok felt as if he just got slapped, no, beaten up by reality. How could he forget?!! They had killed there very first tokiverox just before they made the serum. It indeed was a full ninety percent of the beast's blood.. the other ten percent had been an element from Noxiverox151 that went extinct just about when they grabbed that last one of it. It was a bright day for humanity back then.. to finally have a beacon... but to Hoseok... it had been his darkest.

He looked over to the couple and saw how pale Youngjae went. He really looked as if his soul left his vessel. He looked over to his son who didn't look afraid at all... all he did was smile a broken smile and rubbed Youngjae's back in comfort.

"No....please... you can't do that... you can't take him away again..just not this time please..." Youngjae kneeled as he cupped on his tears. He couldn't afford to lose Daehyun again, especially to death. He wouldn't be able to cope with the pain. Heck, he barely even made it four days without the latter! This was too much! It was too much...

Hoseok was unknowing of the wet mess he was making on his face too.

"Isn't there another way?!" He yelled at Yoongi who looked as if he was the one who was going to die instead.

"No... I tried all my best to make Daehyun immune to the wave... but with his blood thoroughly mixed with the serum, it is simply impossible."

"Well we won't use it then! I am not going to lose my son too!" He countered back. He was not going to let this slide! He wasn't going to lose the last bit of his family... not to the tokiverox, not to anyone, most especially death.

"Suga-hyung please... there has to be another way!" 
Youngjae stood up and shook Yoongi's shoulders in pure desperation but was pulled back by none other than his significant other.

"Youngjae... it's going to be alright... You know I'll do anything to protect you, right? That's why we have to push that button. " Daehyn reasoned back and tried to snap in some sense to his fiance.
Well... not that they were going to really get married anymore..

"Stop saying nonsense, Daehyun! I can protect myself and you aren't going to die because there is no fcking way I'll push it!" He was that near to slapping Daehyun shut. He was not going to let him slip out of his hands again.

"If you won't push it! Then I will!" Daehyun took the machine in his grasp.

"Wait! You can't push it in this ship! There's a chance the shock wave won't work... you'll have to get in a pod and push it when you reach bare space." This earned Yoongi a slap.

"Don't encourage him!" Hoseok barked and watched as Yoongi bowed his head in apology.

"Right!" Daehyun quickly opened the pod resting right beside him.

"Daehyun... please stop.. You can't do this to me.." Youngjae cried on his lover's embrace.

"I have to, Youngjae... it's the only way to guarantee your safety and survival!"

"I don't need survival and safety! I only need you!" He held the other tightly in his arms as if he would drift away at any moment.

"That's stupid talk Youngjae... you know that.." he softly caressed his lover's hair in comfort.

"Nothing has to make sense as long as I've got you... please don't go Daehyun...Or.. take me with you!" 
Daehyun only smiled at this as he gently placed a soft kiss on Youngjae's cute button nose.

"You know... if I take you with me.. it won't really change a thing since you're not going to be affected by the shockwave... don't try to play Romeo and Juliet with me, Youngjae... I think I've told you before that, I hated that story above all the other stories mom told me... I dreaded it.. despised it.. because it was the saddest..." he balled his hand into a fist.

"I'm not going to let you die... I'm going to push this button out there and you can't do anything to stop me.."

This certainly was enough to make Youngjae cry loudly. He shook his head vigorously and tried to cope with what seemed like his broken tear sacks.

"Hey!! Don't cry!! You know... to make you feel better... When I'm gone, I'll be able to meet mum again and your parents! I'll tell them how well you've grown up... I'll tell them how smart you are... and I'll tell them that you are the kindest human being in the whole entire universe! Because... you.. he slowly wiped Youngjae's falling tears with his thumb. You... did what no one in the whole world could... you freed me... you gave me my life back... you restored the soul of a once broken boy... but most of all... You taught me how to love...

He gave Youngjae a chaste kiss on his shaky lips.

"And that I'll never forget, Youngjae... I hope you won't either.."

He gave Youngjae a tight squeeze before turning to his father who was in such a mess.

"Dad... I know I never did show it... and sometimes I do think about saying it but- gahhh... I'm just going to phrase this simply...

I Love you...

I knew you were only just trying to do what was the benefit for all and I shouldn't have neglected you all those years... I'm sorry for being such a bad son..."

Daehyun watched his father wipe a few tears from his eyes and struggled to collect himself.

"Oh Daehyunnie... you were never once a bad son... If anything... I'm a bad father for having stopped trying to reach out to you... and I started all this... it isn't fair for you to be the one to end it... I should be the one dying.."

Daehyun took his father's shaking hands in his own.

"Don't say that, Dad... You have to watch over Youngjae for me... he can be the son you always wanted but never had..." 
Daehyun looked over to Youngjae.
"And... I've always noticed how much family meant to you, Jae... I heard you crying over them some nights...I'm sorry you had to have them get ripped from your hands... The worst part is that nothing could have prevented it... I can't give them back to you.....but I can entrust you to a similar aspect"

He paused for awhile to stare at the younger with his glossy eyes.

" Youngjae... please take care of Dad.."

Youngjae didn't reply, nor did he protest. He only let his loud sobs do the talking for him.

"I best get going now..." Daehyun's eyes stayed at the radar on screen, showing nearly 25 enemy ships surrounding their own.

He held the device tightly near his chest and was about to go when he felt a grip on his hand.

" Please come back..."
Youngjae started
"You have to come back to me after this, okay?... don't say no.."

Daehyun furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

" You know it's impossi-"

"I know.. just... please tell me you'll come back.."

Daehyun lips curved into an ever so gentle smile before engulfed Youngjae in a tight embrace, kissing the top of his head, one last time.

"I'll come back for you..."

He gave him an assuring gaze before sparing his father a glance

"Thanks for keeping me alive this long, Dad... goodbye..." 
His father kept mum and looked down to the floor.

Suddenly a memory popped up in Daehyun's head.

"Hmmp..Daehyun..loves daddy..." he gently said and watched as Hoseok stared at him with shocked eyes...
The way he said it...They were exactly like his first words 18 years ago...

Hoseok quickly hugged him the mightiest he could as his tears fell like no tomorrow.

"I love you too! I Love you so so damn much" he clenched his fists as Daehyun broke it off and smiled with a smile so sweet, so sincere, it would make all the most beautiful flowers cry.

Daehyun got in the pod and just like that... he was thrown into bare space.

Youngjae wipes his tears in a hurry and trailed the pod through the glass in such a struggle. He didn't care if he tripped on the way. He just need to see...

He watched longingly as Daehyun mouthed a short "I Love You" to him in the purest way possible before it all ended and all he saw was blinding white.

... the boy he had loved so much and almost died for to protect was gone. Just in one push of a button.





 

____________________________________

[A/N: and this marks the end of Desperate. *rolls off the bed, crying* that was crap I tell you! Crap! I will sack myself unconscious for being a sadist and leaving lil Jae, Daehyun-less in the end.

GUAGHHHHHH I DUNNO ANYMORE. *flips everything in sight* My mind is blank. Forgive me.

Okay first off, I want to thank everyone who has read the chunk of a junk as an excuse for a story. I just want to snuggle with you all and give you fluffy marshmallows for the rest of your life, like seriously, you guys are the best!

This is the first time I've had a story run this long and I'm honestly glad it's over. *Again, guiltily throws confetti* anyways MATRIX IS COMING MUWAHAHAHAHA I think We'll go as much as dying when it happens huhuhuhu

I Love you guys so much and I cannot believe this is finally really over T-T

I think I'll see you soon though..

He. He. He. He. *snickers away* He. He . He. He.

Note: this is unedited. Please forgive my flaws. I at english and basically everything else.

____________________________________