33 Past is Past?

Desperate

Luhan stared aimlessly at the metal like ceiling.. collecting his thoughts as he let himself drown to the sound of his younger brother's soft snores..

He couldn't sleep..

No matter how much he's tried..Closing his eyes over and over again.. rolling from left to right on the very soft bed..

He just couldn't get some thoughts out of his head.. So many things happened today..

Giving up, he sat up after tenderly caressing sehun's hair..

maybe he just wasn't up for sleep yet...

He quietly tip toed out of the room, trying to make his footsteps as inaudible as possible.

Slyly, he closed the door's room, hoping he wouldn't disturb anyone's peaceful slumber..

But.. wait.. where was he gonna go anyway?.. This ship was very different from the company building that he had oh so easily memorized the way to every floor.. he wasn't familiar with this place.. Not one bit..

Okay, so he may have known a little information, like how to not get lost when locating their room or where was the nearest bathroom if ever he needed to answer mother nature's calls...

Surely, the knowledge about locating his room should be enough to not get him lost if he explored this place just a little bit, right? Yeah.. it should be...

So with an absent thought he headed forward through the quiet hallway..

Though he tried to be quiet, his footsteps didn't seem to be cooperating right as they echoed loudly with every step he took..

This probably was a bad idea, right? he had something really important to do in the morning, so why wander alone at night in the hollow empty corridors aimlessly while everyone else sleeps quietly in their designated rooms?..

Then again.. maybe he just doesn't care...

To be honest.. he wasn't quite looking forward for the morning to come... he absolutely had no plan or want to do such thing... but Daehyun's father just sounded so desperate and he can't just stand there and do nothing when the man was practically begging him to... and so he accepted..

But.. the question is...

Was it the right choice?

The question, the thought, the intention. Everything was driving him nuts! even thinking about thinking about it was giving him a headache.... Maybe he shouldn't think about it anymore... I mean, he was just going to do it in the morning even if he liked it or not anyway. He literally doesn't have a choice anymore...So why go through the hassle of a getting a headache from thinking about it?

His brain has been ranting so fast and hard that he hadn't even realize someone's presence behind him until the certain somebody had spoke...

"W-What are you doing still up?.."

He scoffed

"Why? Is there a problem with it?" That probably came out colder than he intended... knowing his history with this person..

" Still the same I see... I guess somethings never do change... even if it took 4 years.."

Luhan stitched his brows, his blood boiling into a hundred degrees.. What did he mean by that? Not change? Oh hell no. He changed a lot! As a matter of fact for the last four years, he has done nothing but change! He wasn't the same Luhan he was four years ago.. He was mature now... he had responsibilities... he was not arrogant and childish ... he now knew how to differ the wrong from the right... unlike before... So who was he to tell him he hasn't changed?!

clenching his fist, he angrily turned around with gritted teeth

"I'm not who I was before! I'm not the same Luhan you used to sleep around with, I'm not the monster I was four years ago! I'm not someone who you can mess with anymore! I changed!" He panted and watched as the man's grin slowly faded into an unamused frown.

The man looked down and slightly moved his head downwards..

"I'm sorry... I should have known better than to mess with you in the first place..." He guiltily accused himself. Luhan was at loss of words.. Never had he thought that a man so full of pride, could just... apologize to him that easily...

"You better be." He looked the other way, huffing a cheek as he crossed his arms.. Totally not expecting Junmyeon to kneel down before him

"W-What are you doing?! G-Get up!" He patted his back continuously, urging him to stand up. He felt embarrassed even though there wasn't anyone watching them.

But Junmyeon didn't stop then, no matter how hard Luhan had ushered and pushed him to get up. He just had to do it.. He just had to gain the forgiveness for his wrong doings... He just had to..

"Please Luhan! Forgive me please! At one point of your life I ruined it.. And have no way to change what I've done... So please for-"

"Wait... What do you mean?"

Luhan furrowed his eyebrows.. He knew Junmyeon had done a lot of things but... not to that extent..

"What do you mean what do I mean? I kept forcing myself unto you four years ago... so much to the point where it completely bothered you that you just had to disappear one day and leave without a single trace..."

Luhan 'Oh-ed' for awhile before chuckling lightly.. Was that what he was apologizing about?

"No, I didn't leave because of that, and sure you were a bother but that's not the reason why I left... I left because I didn't want to hurt Daehyun anymore... I left so I could renew my path and become a good example for my brother... I never left because of you... that would be stupid.." He explained and sighed when seeing Junmyeon stand up..

"Well if so.. WOULD IT KILL YOU TO AT LEAST ASK PERMISSION FROM SOMEONE? ANYONE?! THE WHOLE STAFF THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD" Junmyeon yelled frantically. Totally unamused to see Luhan laughing it off like a meaningless joke

"Yeah, sorry about that.. but if you think about it... If I would have told you.. do you think you'd let me leave?.."

He did have a point... but even if... he should have at least said something, right? It wasn't right to just leave like that... It wasn't right to leave so many people wondering for four straight years without a single clue of where that person went... whatever the reason just wont cut it...

"Well... you could have at least called and say that ...I don't know.. You weren't brutally slaughtered by a tokiverox over night?... just to ease the worries..."

"And give away my location? Junmyeon.. It's the 40'th century... we have cellphones give away our location with just a mere call, heck it even started in the early 2000's! If you had my location... do you think you wouldn't go after me? and force me back like you always do?.. Think about it..."

Junmyeon gave a minute to let the truth sink... He would have probably... he would have dragged Luhan back if he knew... but still... it doesn't cut it, does it?... It just wasn't fair that he waited for four years in complete agony and guilt only to find out that the reason he had been thinking about all this while was not even near to the real reason... It wasn't fair...

"Can we just drop this now please? There's a lot going through and the very least thing I think we should worry about is this stupid misunderstanding... it's just adding to my headache.." Luhan pleaded but his voice ranged with strictness... he didn't want to seem inferior.. like his capabilities were limited just because it was Junmyeon... He just wasn't the same gullible little kid from four years ago... he didn't want to be looked down on anymore.. nor did he want the special treatment just because of his doll like face.. He wanted to be a person worth being looked up for by his capabilities and skills.. not from his looks...

"Alright... we'll drop it for now... but remember.. this isn't the end of it..." Junmyeon sighed and watched Luhan smile in satisfaction... he missed that smile- No he missed everything about Luhan... He just did..

"So Ughh... how are Kai and Kyungsoo doing? Hope ya don't mind, but I actually heard everything..." He explained how he hid behind the door frame, away from anyone's line of sight..

"Wait- If you heard... Why didn't you come in sooner? You could have at least help me restrain from shooting Youngjae..."

"I told Youngjae I wouldn't come in until he screamed.."

Junmyeon only crossed his arms and shook his head disapprovingly..

"Really? That's so typical of you Luhan.. Tsk Tsk.."

"What? What if even though they're in trouble but he doesn't want me to help? I am in no place to interfere..."

Junmyeon sighed again.. Of course Luhan did have a point.. but you could say it was a very stupid point.. Like why would you put insecurity before safety? Isn't safety priority?... but... then again... none of this would have happened if he just faced the situation like a matured adult and not go on an outburst shooting and hurting teenagers... so frankly... it was his fault too... Alright.. it was completely his fault... So what? They'll get over it right? hopefully...

"So ughh... As I was saying... how are Kai and Kyungsoo doing?"

Junmyeon grumbbled a bit before answering

"They're perfectly fine... they got kinda shocked about why I suddenly hugged them when they arrive though... of course I didn't tell them I was gullible enough to actually have an outburst because I apparently thought they died... but they shrugged it off when I mentioned they could go rest and that they did a good job killing those tokkies.."

Luhan awkwardly nodded as he chewed his inner cheek.. now what?... They've apologized to each other, or more like Junmyeon did.. so.. now what?...Should he go back to bed?... he doesn't want to, but because Junmyeon's here, it makes him NEED to go back to bed...

"So... ugh... I'll be going back to bed then..."

He didn't wait for a reply before dashing off.. but a hand caught his arm and made him stop his ministrations for himself...

"I know... I am in no place to ask this... but... do you think we could give us.. a try again?..."

'us' Luhan thought... the once overrated word seemed foreign to him now... had it been so long that time allowed that thought to just completely slip away?... but more importantly... what should he say?..

"Us?... Junmyeon you know I can't-"

"Please... I promise.. I won't push myself unto you as I did before... I changed too.."

He arched his brows... that made no total sense at all...

"By not letting me go, that's one way of forcing yourself unto me... I think it'll be better this way... I think it'll be better if we just move on... and forget about whatever thing happened between us..."

Junmyeon choked on his own spit. Move on?! Forget it happened? Wasn't he asking for too much already?! They were happy before... sure Luhan declined him here and there... but he knew... There was something... There had to be, right?.. Surely Luhan felt it too...

"You're asking for too much  Luhan... I can't just forget and move on... That's just.... too much..." His vision became blurry all of the sudden.. He waited four years to have Luhan back with him again... and now that he was here... he was already trying to get away from him again and only in a span of 5 hours after their reunioin!

He waited four years... Four long painful years, and this is what he gets?!..

"I'm sorry Junmyeon...but I just can't."

And just like that... He left him alone and abandoned again... It was just so easy for Luhan to come and go like that.. and no matter how Junmyeon wanted to be angry with him... he just can't find it to have any sort of resent for the latter...

Well... guess it did serve him right, right? He has done so much to affect Luhan's life not in the most positive way... he has cost him so much trouble in the past that he wonders how Luhan could even find it in himself to look at him...

He'd get nothing out of this... only resent from others...

They did say karma was a b*tch... Guess they were right...

_________________________________________

"Oh my God, My ear is so sore.."

Youngjae woke up to the sound of a hoarse voice and some shifting.

He saw a very distressed Daehyun softly caressing his own ear while whispering out a few discontented words.. Nonetheless, out of all things he could have done, Youngjae chose to chuckle it out..

"That's what you get for resting your ear flat on my chest for the whole entire night, dummy.." He blocked his mouth with his hand trying so hard not to just burst into huge fits of laughter, seeing Daehyun's very unhappy yet adorable state..

" And there I was, wishing for a romantic morning...guess I asked for too much" Daehyun sighed and shook his head, his hand still massaging his very sore ear...

"Who says we can't change that?" Without warning Youngjae hurriedly lean in for an early morning kiss on the lips.. But, he was merely stopped by Daehyun's palm pushing his face back in place...

"Eyyy not now... My ear still hurts and we haven't brushed our teeth yet. Your breath stinks. I'm not gunna bet my mouth on that.." He teasingly said and smiled as Youngjae pouted in embarrassment..

"W-Well.. I-I wasn't gonna kiss you either! Your breath stinks too. I-I was just going to check on your ear.." He stuttered, clearly lying.. Hey, he had his pride to keep too..

"Ehhh is that so? Why were you doing a kissy face then?" Daehyun countered back. Totally aware of Youngjae's little white lie..

Panicking a little, Youngjae thanked his brain for thinking of a you could say , quick sufficient believable fake reason

"I-I was just going to kiss your ear better... I mean it's not like you can smell with your ear now, can you?..."

Daehyun smiled... and though he knew it was all totally a fake act.. he knew it was better to cope with Youngjae's little antics every now and then..

"Hmmmnnn.... I guess you're telling the truth... Why wouldn't you be, right?.."

He seductively leaned a little closer...

"O-Of course!" Youngjae by now was a little distracted...

"I was just kidding, baby... your breath doesn't stink at all..." Daehyun whispered as they shared the same air...

Youngjae blushed ferociously when feeling Daehyun sneaking his hands on his bare waist underneath his shirt...

Daehyun tenderly caressed the soft warm skin there as he opted to distract Youngjae from panting too much with his full on wet lips..

"mnnphh...Dae...hyun" Youngjae carelessly let out a soft moan... noting to sack himself later for that...

"Shhhh... don't say anything baby..." He huskily said before planting his lips on the latter's again, this time initiating a sync as he s his arms around more, exploring more of the latter's delicate warm skin..

"Good Morning Boys-HOLY - are we interrupting something?!!"

The quickly parted as soon as hearing a loud voice break them off of their moment...

Embarrassedly, they looked down and wiped the little bit of saliva dripping down from their bottom lips...

"We weren't doing anything!" Daehyun defended quickly after recomposing his flustered self..

"Right... I suppose you weren't having him as an early breakfast just now, were you?"

Luhan sarcastically said as he wore a smug smile... That smile however had been knocked right out of his face the moment he received a hard jab straight to his ribs

"Be nice... and besides, they're okay to be doing that... they're old enough and they're in a relationship... now say your sorry about interrupting them..." Hoseok scolded him with a very demanding whisper...

Luhan merely rolled his eyes and pretended to wear an apologetic look... Well at least his acting skills finally get to be put to use for once...

"Oh... Okay...I get it... and it's okay to admit you were trying to make love, I mean, I've been through that phase too and it's perfectly normal ... thing is...we're sorry for  interrupting your love making..."

Another jab to the ribs

"What?! I said what you asked." He whispered back ferociously

"Too much information." Hoseok glared before he sighed in defeat...

"Alright.. let's just forget about that... Anyways... Daehyun?"

"Yeh?" He answered in a monotone voice

" I hope there'll be no hard feelings... but... as of today... I'll be your operator again... Sorry, buddy.." He tried to mask in a confident face above his really really scared face...He didn't want to hurt him again... but seeing as Hoseok literally had to beg him... he just had to do it... at least it'll lessen the tension because he's someone Daehyun personally knows, right?.... He'll just have to manage keeping this a secret from his little brother...

After all... the ship already started to take off over night... They weren't in Noxeverox151 anymore.. Sure he'll miss the place but it's nice to go back to where they all belonged in the first place, right?... This Journey through space could take them a few days or weeks even..possibly even a month!... but despite all the time they had... they had to be prepared for any situation. And one main thing for an indication that they were well off prepared was storing as much of Daehyun's blood as possible...

So this was a really huge responsibility with the population of the whole human race at stake on his very hands...

He can't just back out, alright?

He took his time to examine Daehyun's shocked yet scared expression on...

"A-Are you serious?..." Youngjae had spoken for his speechless fiance.. but he too were in no different condition... Shocked and afraid...

"Please... bear with us guys...You have to understand... a lot of people are at stake here..." Luhan had softly explained... hoping with all his heart that this action wouldn't have to affect their emotional state and relationship... After all... now that he's witnessed how Daehyun on the inside really was.. how boisterous yet shy and easily flustered the boy gets.. how kind and selfless he was when it came to his loved ones.. After witnessing all of those, it had come to a realization that this was now another level of hard... It was hard Five years ago... now it was just... unbearable.... but he had to try right?... For Daehyun's sake... For Youngjae's sake... For Sehun's sake... For everyone's sake..He had to try...

"But you can't just-" Youngjae's sentence was cut off

"I'm fine with it..." Daehyun had muttered as he stared back at Youngjae's unbelieving expression..

"But Daehyun-"

"If it means that I'll get to take part in bringing everyone to safety, in bringing you to safety, Youngjae... I'll do it... I won't refuse.. I won't hide, nor will I run away anymore... For once... I'll be what Dad wanted me to be... I'll be a supplier..." He smiled sadly at his father...

"I'll make Daddy happy..."

At this point, tears were running down Hoseok's face... He didn't want this... It didn't make him happy to see his son scream in pain... but he was feeling conflicted because... They needed to do it... and no matter how much this was against his want... No matter how much he wants to go in there and take Daehyun's place instead, to save him from all the suffering... he couldn't do anything about it... no one could...

"Shucks, Hyun... we haven't even started yet and you're already making all of us tear up.." Luhan wiped a tear from the side of his eye off... It was heart wrenching to see how no one could change fate.. and that everyone just had to watch a wonderful boy suffer...

Youngjae was indifferent... He was a crying mess on Daehyun's now wet shoulder. Daehyun tried comforting his fiance the best he could as he rubbed his shoulder softly.. Attempting to ease the crying lad...

"Luhan... I seem to have a talent on making everyone cry... Why is that?.." Daehyun asked so innocently, totally uknowing of this own falling tears...

"DAMN IT!!" Luhan screamed as he angrily wiped a whole trail of tears flooding down his face like a waterfall..

"STOP MAKING ME WANT TO HATE MYSELF, DAEHYUN!!"

He started making whimpered noises but quickly stopped it as soon as it came out by biting his lips...

A hand rubbed Luhan's shoulder..

"Luhan... You should get started... I just want this to get over with..." Hoseok said as he rubbed he continued to wipe his tears away..

Nodding in agreement, Luhan entered the glass cage with much hesitation as he walked carefully to the table before the bed, where the device and a certain box layed...

He looked at Hoseok who was outside, sighing when seeing the elder nod at him...

"Daehyun-ah... I can't work on you if you're hungry... it'll only bring more pain... so I suggest... we have to use this again..."

Luhan showed Daehyun a familiar syringe with the very hated transparent liquid inside it... Daehyun could only grimace as he gave a hesitant nod, holding out his open arm...

"Youngjae... You have to be there for him, okay? That's your job... so I suggest you stay by his side, and comfort him until the whole session is over... no matter how painful it is for you to watch..." Luhan had ordered before putting on his medical gloves and mask, handing Youngjae a spare mask too...

"Of course... I will..." Youngjae's slightly muffled voice had shown right after he wore the mask...

"Okay... let's get started..." He gently grabbed Daehyun's outstreched arm... positioning the syringe's needle at a vein...

" Daehyun.. you ready?... "

he only got a nod..

"Before I proceed... I'll have to suggest you to look the other way... I think it'll help lessen the pain... Hmmnn..  Oh! Why don't you look at Youngjae! That sounds great, right?.."

He got a nod once more before Daehyun did as told and fixated his gaze on his teary eyed lover...

Youngjae was so beautiful... Daehyun felt bad for thinking this but, Youngjae's tears made his eyes glisten even more... he was even more beautiful now... with sparkling eyes, rosy cheeks and pouty lips... but he couldn't help but frown upon seeing sadness and fear linger in his lover's face... surely he could change that right?

"Hey... It's gonna be alright... I'm going to be oka-" He hissed in pain as a familiar sting peirced his arm.. shutting his eyes tight, he let out another painful hiss..

"D-Daehyun..." Youngjae cried as he looked at his lover in great concern..

Daehyun had to force an eye open to view the younger properly.. hearing his voice filled with concern and worry did put up a bubble in his stomach... either that or that was that transparent liquid's doing...

"I-I'm fine... That was nothing.." He urged on but Youngjae sternly shook his head

"It's not nothing, you dummy... You're in pain.."

"Yeah... but it was only for a second.. and now it's over... hmmn... I feel full now..."

Luhan nodded... so far, it's going quite well.... that's how it should always be... He just hopes they can maintain that...

"Okay, now... Daehyun don't keep your eyes away from Youngjae, okay?... Youngjae, you know what to do... I'm going to start now..."

They both nodded as Luhan the machine and grabbed two long tubes with a big sharp needle on each of it's end...

He aimed one on Daehyun's right arm, already to peirce it into the trembling flesh..

"Here goes nothing!"

He gingerly bought the needle closer before sternly inserting it into Daehyun.. Which earned him a loud yelp...

Once he was sure it was properly in place and seeing how Daehyun reacted to it, he quickly grabbed a separate arm rest and place Daehyun's arm there..

He felt guilty he had to do that... even more when Daehyun was already starting to react negatively to it... and that was only the half of it...

Luhan shakily got the other tube..

He needs to get a grip of himself... He just has to... he was so hesitant now that all the confidence from before felt like it never existed... Well he can't back out now... especially since he's already started it...

He back a ragged breath..

"Daehyun here comes the next one..."

He trembled at the disapproving shriek from the younger lad..

"P-Please m-make it sto- n-no... Ignore me.. just.. do it already.." Daehyun manage to say in between his yelps as soon as he saw Youngjae's scared and worried expression...

Luhan gulped... it was better to just get it over with right?

He carefully got Daehyun's other hand.. making sure it rests on the other separate armrest first before finding another clear vein..

Once he found what he was looking for, he hesitantly peirced the other tube in, as gently as he can manage...

But of course, gentle never works in this type of situation and nothing changed... Daehyun was still screaming.. maybe even louder this time...

Luhan exhaled roughly before wiping a sweat drop on the side of his forehead...

He watched as Hoseok watch his son in horror from the outside. Laying both of his hands on the surface of the glass, trying to restrain himself from just barging in there and retracting Daehyun out from the machine's grasp..

"N-Now what?!.." Youngjae asked in between rage, worry and panic as he stared at the painful sight before him...

"Now... we just wait and watch as he screams..." It took Luhan some courage to blurt those shameful and heartless words out of his mouth... He has never been one to talk bad about someone in pain... but he wasn't lying about what they should do then... they really were just going to wait and watch Daehyun as he screams away... That was probably the most honest answer there was..

After a very long and painful while, a ding fron the machine could be heard, signaling the session's end...

Luhan quickly turned the machine off. That made Daehyun quiet down a bit...

"Okay.. we made it through!!" He pretended to be happy to at least lighten the mood up.. but his attempt wasn't all success seeing as the people's faces had been more gloomy than ever...

He didn't mind the atmosphere and gingerly but quickly took the device off Daehyun. Adding extra special precaution not to make the bleeding go to an extent before he quickly wrapped his arms up with a bandage after cleaning the wounds...

The opening would heal very quickly especially over night when his cells were most active...

_________________________________________

[A/N: Someone sack me unconscious! how long has it been? A month?!! OH DEAR LORD, Time flies by so fast, I swear I didn't even notice it  (/ಠ益ಠ)/  I AM SO SORRY ASHGDSDA

anyways, I would like to greet a happy birthday to our REAL beloved Daehyun (who's character/name is the real essence of this story) Oh daedae where did all the time go? How on earth are you suddenly 22/23 ?!?!  (ू˃̣̣̣̣̣̣︿˂̣̣̣̣̣̣ ू) *sigh* guess there's nothin I can do about that..welp! may you have more birthdays to come ^^... just don't grow up too fast.. 


To my readers:If you're reading this rn, that means you waited... I really am so so sorry you had to wait for a month just to get this crappy idk chapter. This story'll probs go over the expected end date avdsgfdgdg ;^; I'm having doubts whether to continue or abandon it flatly without an end and start a new fresh story.... but I know I can't do that to you... you guys mean so much to me.. I'm glad to have your patience no matter how undeserving of it I am...so I'm going to motivate myself to continue and end what I started, properly...
 I Love you gheiz (/V.V)/

I think this author's note is long enough for a chapter *snickers* 

and btw..


Why is Daehyun's fate so cruel, men?! Like why?!!

(ノ π 益 π)ノ彡┻━┻ ]