Prepare

Desperate

Youngjae woke up, unnaturally feeling cold. He joltted up and opened his eyes only to find himself alone in bed. A panicking urge rushed all over his body causing him to jump out of bed and look around

"Daehyun? Where are you?!"

He felt his blood gone cold at the sight of the cube's door loosely open

Without hesitation he ran outside to search for Daehyun, not caring if he's not exactly wearing the appropriate clothes for the current atmosphere

He sighed in relief as a familiar mop of hair came to view, hidden behind a bush

"*sigh* You had me worried there, Daehyun..."

He was about to approach the bush when a voice from behind him called out

"Youngjae? I'm right here... why are you talking to that bush?"

shocked, Youngjae turned around to see a confused looking Daehyun, and only did he hear little footsteps seeming as though they were running away from where they were

"What the- if you're here, then who was that?"

He motioned to the bush, only to see the mop of hair now gone

"Who was what?... I just came from the other side of the cube to see if there's anything interesting there...I even built a 'snowman' "

"But-but- You were there! behind that bush...I saw you.."

"Hmmn? but there's no one there..."

"I must have been seeing things then..."

"Yeah... you must have..."

"Well, who told you it was okay to go out on yourself like that? I was worried sick!"

"alright... I'm sorry..."

"and?"

"and what? Oh- I'm sorry.. and I promise not to go off on my own like that ever again.."

"So?"

"So Youngjae won't get a heart attack from worrying.."

"Good.. now let's get inside..it's really chilly out here.."

---

"Hey Daehyun..."

"Hmmn?.."

"I want you to be safe..but to have that, you must always be prepared for any situation.."

"what do you mean?"

"You have to promise me...you'll only do this when there's an emergency, okay?"

"I promise..but what exactly do you want me to do?"

Youngjae grabbed Daehyun by the hand and led themselves infront of the closet

Before Daehyun could question why, Youngjae had already opened the closet door and dug through the enormous pile of clothes

"Jae.. what are you looking for?.."

"You'll see.."

he kept digging until..

"AHA! Found you! "

Daehyun curiously leaned in to see what it was..

It was painfully familiar and he indeed knew what it was capable of doing, but he just couldn't bring his tongue to say what it was.. afterall, he didn't really want to remember the names of the things he practically hated

As Youngjae brought it closer to Daehyun, Daehyun would step back

"wha-what are you doing with those? aren't they only for bad people?"

Daehyun began, but Youngjae was determined to get him to see a different prespective

"No.. don't be scared.. I just want you to always be prepared at any situation... to be able to protect yourself.. And besides... They're not even fueled...yet."

"What are you gonna do with those, or What are you gonna make me do with those?"

"Let's go Lazer shooting Practice!"

~~~~~~~~@President's Office~~

"I'd Like to have a word with you, Kim Junmyeon.."

"I'll take that offer... though I'd like you to know that your wife and kids are doing just fine under my aid"

Yoongi sighed, with a hint of pain for what seemed like a hundred times now

"Junmyeon..Really... it's not even funny... let them go already..."

"Where's the fun in that?"

He balled his hands into fists, filled with a staining emotion which he was determine on getting rid off

"Junmyeon, get a grip of yourself... this isn't you at all..."

Junmyeon's teasing look sternly faded away into a more serious one

"You're wrong... I'm still me... you just don't know what the real me is like.."

"Don't lie.. you know you changed! It's because of Luha-"

"Don't ever say his name in my presence!"

"Fine then!, it was ever since 4 years ago!"

"So what? What about 4 years ago? Why does it matter so much?"

"You're making this hard for me!  Heck, You're making it hard for everybody!"

"If you came here to argue, then I best advice you to leave.."

"All I'm saying is, Let my family and Hoseok's son go! "

"You don't need to worry about your family... I'm not that heartless.. I sent them home a few hours ago.." Junmyeon said in a cold tone

Yoongi sighed in relief
'at least he still has that part of him left'

"Thank you...but what about Hoseok's son... can we just grant the boy happiness even just this once, of all those 18 years of torture..he finally found happiness... can't we just let him be like that? You know.. happy?.."

"Well... as much as I want him back... since there hasn't been any tokiverox coming here recently.. and since we still have a huge amount of his stocked 'blood fuel'... I'll let him go off... for now...after all... I think that kid deserves some time to be happy too after all he's contributed..."

"Really?!" Suga could not believe what he was hearing. Would Junmyeon really let him go off that easily?! Not that he was againts it though, he's more of what you could say, suprised

"Yes...but.."

"But...what?"

"He and that Yoo kid, has to pass the test.."

"Test? You sent them a test?! since when?!"

"Probably earlier this morning... Since it was quite easy locating them just by that footage from a bot.. if they pass this test, then I'll give them the time they need to be 'happy' but... if they don't.... Daehyun's going back to his glass cage.."

"And Youngjae?"

"Will get to him when the time comes..."

"I understand..." and so after a few more words, Yoongi left Junmyeon's office..

Truthfully he was quite happy of Junmyeon's consideration.. he was happy that his close friend hasn't completely changed..

Hoseok, Yoongi, and Junmyeon were the closest bunch of pals when they were around Hoseok's son's age.. even now, they still share a connection of what you could call as 'chums' if that's still applicable on their mature age..

Yoongi was more of a bridge between Hoseok and Junmyeon.. Since he WAS close to both of them.. Hoseok and Junmyeon weren't exactly as close as Suga was to them but they were still good friends even with some 'cat and dog ' theme going on..

But it seems as though time has scortched its way down to their friendship.. They're not as chimmy-chammy as they were when they were younger. They each had their own responsibility and they knew it. They had their own things to prioritize.. And maybe...just maybe... friendship wasn't one of those kind of things..

"Hoseok will be pleased to hear this.."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"C'mon Daehyun, Don't give up! You can do it!"

"But I missed for about 10 times now! And that's not even the exact amount!"

"That's because you keep shaking... you need to keep your hands steady.."

Daehyun and Youngjae went to the back side of their cube to practice lazer shooting by aiming at trees.. Youngjae had already mastered his skills since his Father use to teach him a lot back when he was a kid... but Daehyun still needed a lot of honing to do

"It's easier said than done, I can't get my hands to stop shaking.."

"Let me help you..."

"You've already helped enough.. I can do this on my own!"

Youngjae sighed
'Jung's pride' he thought..

"It doesn't matter how much I'm helping you.. I'm not counting them... I just wanna help you..."

Daehyun stared intently at Youngjae's dark orbs, they glowed with sincerity...

"I-I guess... I do need your help.."

Smiling in victory, Youngjae happily made his way behind Daehyun, and coped the latters hands in his, back hugging Daehyun in the process.. He started to position their hands steadily and sharply aiming at the tree..

He ignored the red tint that crawled over his face as soon as he felt his chest meet the latter's back.. Now he just needs to calm his heart

"Okay, Daehyun... When I say fire, you fire, okay?"

"What's a fire?" Daehyun questioned, trying the hardest he can to maintain and not break their position

"Now might not be the right time to be asking that, but when I say fire, pull the trigger okay?"

"I don't know what that means.." He said in a puppy dog voice

"Gahh, just put in mind that when I say fire, you have to shoot "

"Okay...but why don't you just say 'shoot'?  it would have been way easier to understand.."

"Whatever, I have my ways, now.. FIRE!!!"

And so, Daehyun did... They got exactly what they wanted. The shot hit exactly the center of the tree

"YESS! YESS!!" exclaimed them both

"High Five!!" Daehyun iniated.
Youngjae hadn't expect to be asked for a five, especially not coming from Daehyun, but he gladly took the chance otherwise

"That was great, Daehyunnie!! You did so well! I'm so proud of you!!"

"It's all because of your help.. I never would have got it right if it weren't for you.." Daehyun uttured, making it sound sadder than it should have

"...Why do you look sad?...You just high fived me awhile ago..."

"Of course I was happy that it was successful...but I can't help but feel...that without your aid.. I am useless.. I can't do anything without you helping me... I feel like a weird ahjussi that always needs help from his grandsons... even in eating or walking.. practically everything.. You always help me with everything..."

Youngjae stared at Daehyun worriedly.. he had no idea that his slight hyung felt that way.. he just was trying to be nice and helpful

"Am.. I making you feel... uncomfortable?..." 
Youngjae said, his voice dying down with each word he spat as he looked weakly and sadly at the ground

Daehyun's eyes widened,and as a reflex he hugged Youngjae securely in panic

"N-No!! It's nothing like that! It's Nothing like that at all! Don't ever say anything like that ever again! I promise ! You're not making me uncomfortable one bit.. You see! I'm not uncomfortable!" He hugged Youngjae tighter while trying to nuzzle in as he rubbed circles around the latters back 
"See! I'm not uncomfortable at all! I'm very comfortable! You're so fluffy! Don't ever think I feel uncomfortable around you ever agai-" 
His rant was cut off by a muffled laughed that obviously came from non other than Youngjae

"Daehyunnie is so cute when panicking! ..Don't worry.. I wasn't going to ignore you or anything.. I was just asking whether you felt uncomfortable with me for bothering you so much in getting everything right.."

"Youngjae, it's nothing like that, I swear.. I like it when you correct me into doing things right! It gives me a sign that I'm actually doing it wrong and that I need to do it properly to make things work... What I really meant by what I said earlier... is that I'm scared...You keep helping me with practically everything...I'm scared that one day, you'll lose every bit of your patience with me.. and that maybe you'll get tired and leave... I don't wanna get left behind just because I couldn't get anything right... I'm just scared..." 
Youngjae listened attentively to every word that left Daehyun's mouth

"It's nothing like what you think either, Daehyunnie...  I mean where would I go if I left you?"

"Well you have the cube... you can just kick me out..."

"I don't have the heart to do that, Daehyun.."

"Yes you do... it's right over here.." 
Daehyun pressed his palm on Youngjae's left chest

Youngjae was quick to grab Daehyun's hand. He did not want him to feel his rapid heart beat.

"That's not what I meant.. I meant I can't kick you out.. I would hate myself if I did that..."

"Oh.. yeah... It's because you Love me right?"

Youngjae blushed at Daehyun's innocent choice of words

"Y-yes.. it's because I l-love you.."

"Thank you... and I Love you too.."

Youngjae sheepishly smiled

"Oh I know! I can at least make this lazer gun more effective, will that help?"

"Ughh.. sure... but how exactly are you going to do that, Daehyun?"

"Stay here! I'll be right back!"

Youngjae didn't have time to react when Daehyun had already ran back to the cube

He spent his time wondering what exactly was Daehyun planning on pulling until he saw the other exit the cube with a knife 
'Oh boy..Not again..'

"Daehyun you're using the knife as if it's your best friend.. you're not planing on doing what I think you're going to be doing now, aren't y-"

Daehyun hadn't let Youngjae finish his sentence yet before already piercing his finger

He squinted a bit from the sudden small jolt of pain before regaining his composture

"I'm sorry, what was that? "

"Aishh..Jinja.."

Youngjae wasted no time at all, before opening up the Lazer Gun's fuel container

" Here, drop it here .." 
Youngjae said a little bit too plainly with another sigh coming right after

Carefully aiming his hand on the container's opening, Daehyun tried his best to not shake and to successfully drop his droplet of blood there. After he was done, Youngjae quickly closed the container and held the gun, while grabbing hold of Daehyun's arm and guiding them back inside the cube

When they got in, before Daehyun could question, he was carefully plopped down to sit on the bed as Youngjae went to the bathroom

He got back, bringing with him a white box with a red cross

"What is that?"

"It's a first aid kit..."

when Daehyun didn't respond, Youngjae found this as an opportunity to speak

"Your wound looks deep... You know, Daehyun... It pains me to watch you hurt yourself... I mean doesn't it hurt when you pierce your own finger? You treat a knife as if it's your best friend... I just don't know how I'm suppose to react to that.."

There was an intense silence before either one of them spoke

"But..  It doesn't hurt anymore.. Imagine I spent eighteen years of my life having to face all this pain multiplied by a billion times, Daily... I'm too numb to feel this kind of pain, Youngjae.... a scratch on my finger is nothing compared to what they do to me in that God forsaken company..."

Youngjae didn't speak anymore, instead he just silently wiped all the scattered blood on the wounded finger and sprayed it with disinfectant spray before wrapping it up with a bandage

"J-just don't hurt yourself anymore, okay? your blood might heal me or any other people but it cannot heal you.. and that's what I'm worried about... you can't benefit from getting yourself hurt.. Mr.Yoongi told me that you can be able to help others with your blood, but you can't help yourself..."

" But... at least.. I can be useful right? I won't just be a guy who can't do anything without another person's help.. at least I'll be able to help other people too.."

"Aishh, Daehyun really... You're too good for your own sake... just promise me you won't hurt yourself for the sake of others okay? 18 years is enough... just promise me.."

"I can't promise you that... but I'll try my best.."

"That's a good start... now let's go test out this newly powered lazer gun! And this time, I'll let you do it on your own, so you won't feel bad, okay?"

"Yes!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(A/N: Hey Guys!!! It's been so long now! Blame me! hhahaha I'm seriously so sorry to keep you all waiting *bows 90°* I've been quite busy this past few months and thank God for my classmate who practically kicked me to update XD anyway Thank you for your patience and anticipation XD really thank you, especially to the ones who actually took effort to direct message me hehe sorry to keep you waiting ^^ here it is though and I sure hope I don't disappoint you ^^ I was planning on making this chapt longer, but I just decided to make it into two parts, I'll upload the next part tomorrow or sooner than that though, since it's not yet finish hehe

Thank you once again and please answer this question

is this story getting boring?

I don't know about you all but I just can't help but wonder, anyway, please do share your thoughts, it motivates me.. and wow.. it's the first time I wrote an A/N this long haha I LOVE YOU ALL ;^;

please forgive my flaws, English is not my first Language ( /_ _)/  

see you in the next chapt ;) which will be coming real soon ^^

Author-nim out, Peace ^^ )