15 What is Love? Do I really Lose my Mind?

Desperate

Daehyun and Youngjae found a nice space all surrounded by trees.They had already been so far away from where they took off before. The cube could perfectly fit in the closed space. so after they popped it out, and applied the invisibility chip, they immediately went inside to spend the cold night.

Youngjae made his way to the kitchen while

Daehyun sat down the couch, tiredly..

It took about 5 minutes later, when Daehyun felt a light tap on his shoulder

"Daehyunnie.. I prepared ramen for both of us.. are you hungry?"

"Yes!! Thank you!"

He gladly accepted the warm cup of instant noodles on his hands, before digging in... 'but wait', he thought.. 'I don't know how to use chopsticks!'

He thought for awhile, before thinking of getting help from Youngjae. But when he glanced at the younger, He was already eating peacefully and enjoying his meal whole-heartedly. Daehyun did not want to disturb.

So he just sat there. Awkwardly staring at his untouched cup of ramen

Youngjae paused after realizing Daehyun hasn't even touched his food yet

"What's wrong, Daehyun?.. Don't you like ramen? Aren't you hungry? Are you allergic to this too? Are you okay? Are you sick?" Youngjae spewed out so many questions, that Daehyun couldn't even catch up with

"Ughh..I-It's okay.. I'm okay.. You can continue eating, 
Youngjae-ah.."

Instead of proceeding, Youngjae placed his cup down

"Daehyun.What's the problem?"

"There is no problem.."

"C'mon.. You can tell Youngjae.."

"Youngjae, really.. Just continue eating.."

Youngjae stared at the ramen, then at Daehyun, then at the ramen again and then Daehyun again

"Wait- a sec! How stupid of me! You still don't know how to use chopsticks, don't you?!"

Daehyun scratched the back of his head ,shyly

"Umm.. Yes.."

"Aha! I knew it! Dae, You could have just told me!"

"I'm sorry.."

"God! You don't have to apologize for everything!...it's my fault for forgetting.."

"Well..You don't have to take the blame for everything..I am at fault too.."

"Touché.. You know.. Why don't I just teach you right now?.. that way, by the time you eat, Your food won't be hot anymore, and you don't have to blow a hurricane.."

"But.. You were already eating so whole-heartedly.. You, know.. you can just go ahead and eat without me..You can teach me later.. I don't want you to starve because of me.."

"Nonsense. I wan't us to eat together!"

"Bu-"

"No buts."

"Aishh.. you're really not gonna eat without me, aren't you?"

"Nop."

"Very well.. but don't say I didn't warn you about starving.. we'll see whose gonna get impatient.."

"Dae, You already told me, that once you put a skill to use, then it accelerates.. You'll learn in no time at all"

"Let's just see about that.."

Youngjae sat from across to Daehyun, to beside Daehyun..

"Alright.. First, You gotta learn how to hold it properly.."

The Younger demonstrates and nudged Daehyun to follow his position

"No No No, Not like that..don't hold it like a pencil!"

There was a fat silence, before...

"Jae?...."

"What?.."

"What's a pencil?"

Youngjae facepalmed

"That's not important right now.. Just follow my hand position.."

In hopes of getting it right, Daehyun tried his hardest to atleast hold the chopsticks the same way Youngjae did.. but he found no progress in his actions..

That's until, a soft yet very cold hand coped his, and moved his fingers ever so gently, to the proper position

They both flushed at the contact..it was intimate but, comfortable, in a way that they never wanted to let go..

"You'll get this right, sooner or later Daehyunnie.. I know you will.."

Youngjae whispered in his ear, since he was spacing out.. hot breath tickled his neck and earlobe, while still having his hand in the latters'. He liked this feeling.. it gave him the honey glows and it made him feel secure..

and Now he was even more determined to get it right.

He held the chopsticks tightly, already in the position Youngjae adjusted him with, and started moving it.. He slowly opened and closed it up, checking and making sure it's strong and secure enough, before taking the noodle strands in.

He slowly dipped it in his now cold cup of noodles and grabbed a few strands with it. He internally celebrated in successing, but he held his excitement in, for he knew, if he got too excited he might drop the whole thing, before it even made it into his mouth...

He lifted it up slowly, before carefully placing the strands in his mouth.

When the success came, he jumped up from his seat, and danced all around before, yelling 'I did it', after chewing and swallowing the food, of course.

He continued his victory dance, but halted as soon as seeing Youngjae walk away from the couch and into the bedside cabinet, getting something from there

He curiously looked to the device Youngjae was currently holding

"Jae, what's that?"

"It's a camera"

"What a ca-ca-rera?"

"It's 'Camera', it can take videos and pictures.."

"What are vwidyos and puctures?"

" 'Videos and Pictures'.. They are like frozen memories, being captured.."

"Really?"

"Yes, really.. Please continue your victory dance, so I can film you"

"What is film?"

"It is the act of taking 'videos' and it can also be the term to call recorded videos.."

"Oh..okay.."

After hearing the beep from the 'carera' Daehyun, instantly continued where he had left before.. He waved his chopsticks in the air, and repeatedly, stating 'I did it' and Youngjae couldn't help but laugh at the cute act Daehyun was pulling..

"Ladies and Gentlemen, this is Photographer Yoo, now turned into Cameraman Yoo.. and this has been, Daehyunnie's achievement on using Chopsticks properly for the first time ever.."

Daehyun leaned in, Eyeing the camera closely and curiously..

"Youngjae, who are you talking to? are there little people inside this 'ca-camera'?"

Youngjae let out a joyful chuckle

"No there aren't, Daehyunnie.. It's just a figure of narrative speech"

Daehyun nodded, not understanding what narrative speech meant at all..but he nodded anyway, eyes still glue on the camera

"Show us once again, how you did it, Daehyunnie!

"Oh! Okay!"

Daehyun excitedly sat down and positioned his chopsticks once more, before grabbing in a little lot of noodle strands with it, and placing it in his mouth and chewing it delightfully

"There we have it again, Ladies and gentlemen! He's so cute when he's learning isn't he? well, technically, he's already cute in general.."

"Yah!"

"Awee..Our little Daehyun is embarrassed! Say something to us, Daehyun!"

"Ughh...err.. he-hello?
Mr. c-camera? My name is Daehyun, I'm a Jung..I'm also..19 years old? I think?...and I just learned how to use the chopsticks proplerly for the very first time! and It's all thanks to the one 'filming' me right now, our dearest, Youngjae! I Like Youngjae very much! he's so sweet and kind and I really owe him big time.. He's really smart and patient...I've never met someone like him before.. so I'm really really reeeaally thankful.. I Love, You, Youngjae!!"

Youngjae turned the camera off, dumbfounded..

"What?"

"Huh?.."

"What did you say?"

" I said, I Love You.."

"You do know what that means right?"

"No.. but my mom use to tell me that.. and I felt happy for some reason.. and I wanted to make you happy... was it wrong?.."

"No.. it's not wrong at all..It's just that... No one's told me that..ever since mom and dad passed away..."

"Youngjae..I'm really sorry... I didn't know.."

"Wha- what are you apologizing about? It's not something to say sorry to, Daehyun.. as a matter of fact.. I should thank you.. You did make me feel happy.."

"Really? I did?"

"Yes. Duper."

Daehyun cheered.. but halted for awhile

"Soo.. what does it mean?"

"What?"

"I Love You, What does 'I Love You' mean?"

"Hmmmn... it's hard to describe but.. let's just say.. it's something people say to another person, if they really really like and care for that person.."

"Really? Then I really really do Love You.."

Youngjae blushed

"Ermn.. but it also does have another meaning.. "

"neh?"

"The other one, is still the same.. You really like and care for that person.. so much that You want to spend your forever with him or her or practically live in with them.. and with all those rapid beating hearts, hugs, kisses, marraige and things I shouldn't talk about or whatever..."

"Well.. I already said I Love You.. we're already living together.. I already hugged you, You already hugged me, I already kissed you, My heart beats fast too..and I wanna spend my forever with you...
So do I Love You in both ways?"

Youngjae was so dumbfounded he felt like he had been slapped by cupid or something

"Wait, what?"

"Do you want me to rephrase that?"

"You don't have to.. but seriously, what?"

"Do I Love You in both ways?.. "

"Ughh-ermm.."

"We can drop the topic if you feel uncomfortable.."

"Yes.. please.."

"Okay.. how about we just eat for now.."

"That sounds good.."

They chatted and ate happily for a good few minutes..until a thought came to Youngjae's mind..

"Daehyun, back at the train..You told me that you'd tell and explain to me the  process of how you were fed, back in the company...so I guess, now, would be the right time to ease my curiousity.."

"Oh... o-of course..."

"You don't look like you're up to it.. it's okay.. You don't need to force yourself.."

"No- I mean.. I would like to share the knowledge with you, right now.."

"Really?"

"Yes... But.. it's just that..I don't want to remember.."

"it was painful wasn't it?.."

Daehyun nodded

"well..if you don't want to remember, It's okay.. I won't ask anymore.."

"N-no! I-I want to tell you.."

"But you just said you didn't want to remember.."

"Well..I'd do anything for you..even, remembering.."

"You don't have to push your limit for me! "

"Youngjae, it is not my limit. Hot water, is. Now stop underestimating me and let me tell you how they did it!", Daehyun said in a stern and irritated tone, almost at the tone of anger

"O-okay.."

Daehyun stared intensely and studied Youngjae's eyes..they were coated with fear..

"I'm scaring you aren't I?"

Youngjae shook his shakily

"You're trembling..awee I did scare you.."

Daehyun leaned in and wrapped his arms on the now trembling Youngjae, and tenderly rubbed circles around his back, whispering sweet nothings in his ear

"I was just messing with you.. I didn't mean to sound mad at you"

He said as he pulled Youngjae closer

"Say something, Jae.." Daehyun stated, still not letting go

Daehyun heard nothing but he felt getting pulled closer and gentle caressing on his back, he smiled knowing the latter was returning his hug

"I-I'm sorry.. I'm just sensitive when it comes to arguments with people I'm close to.."

"It's okay.. this only proves we're close then.."

"We don't need proof on that.."

They both broke the hug and gave each other reassuring gazes

"So..you were saying?.."

"Oh yeah.. unmm.. They kinda fed me with two ways.. one is heck painful and the other is plain disgusting.."

"huh? what are those two ways?"

"Well the painful one is that they inject this transparent fluid into me.. I don't know what it is but it makes me feel uncomfortable but it also makes me feel full and not hungry.. it's painful getting it in though.. The plainly disgusting one is that a robot comes in my confined room and feeds me this mushy beige colored goop stuff.. the robot is the one to feed me, so I don't need to use my limbs..all I have to do is open my mouth and swallow it.. It tasted so bad and it felt terrible in my mouth.. but I didn't go hungry however.."

"That's awful!, they should have never treated you like that! Isn't taking your blood enough already?!"

" if only they thought what you thought, Youngjae.."

"Yeah.. if only.."

"But it's okay though.. well, I get to run away with you now, right? and I'm really happy to have found someone who actually cares.."

"It's nothing, Dae.."

"Well it's not nothing to me.. imagine 18 years of never ending pain.. and then someone just walks up the door and stops all of it.. That doesn't sound like nothing to me.."

"I just wish I could've came sooner, so you'd suffer lesser.."

"Nahhh.. It's okay.. the important part is that you came.."

"hey Dae, How did you bathe and change?"

"Robots do everything.."

"but don't they get wet?"

"Waterproof robots do everything.."

"Oooohhh.. but how come there were no robots when I came to pick you out?"

"It was late and they were deactivated"

"That explains it.."

They eventually got to bed later, but they didn't want to sleep yet..

"Daehyun.."

"Hmm?"

"Do you wanna..watch a short film I took way back long ago?.."

"Yes! Of course!"

"I have it  stored in my camera.. Appa placed this camera here.. so I can continue taking films even when traveling .. he gave this to me the same time he gave me the cube.. it was the day of the night where they died... I never got it back though.. after taking one short film he said that he would put it inside the bedside cabinet of the cube, so I can use it again when traveling... but I never entered the cube after they died..so I never got it back.. until now.."

"Let's watch your short film then!"

"Yeah.. let's.."

They plopped the camera up and plugged a chord into it, leading to a mini screen where they'll watch the video. They settled down there bed, all snuggled up with each other's warmth, waiting as the devices were settling together. Youngjae rested his head on Daehyun's shoulder as Daehyun sat still, curiously waiting for the screen to load

When the screen lit up, Daehyun became enticed at the first thing that popped up.. It was a cute mop of black hair.

The lump of hair move and soon a kid's voice was heard

"ermnm.. hello? is this thing on?"

It sounded vaguely familiar to Daehyun's ears but, he just needed to make sure if his assumptions were correct

"Ladies and Gentle man, I now present Cameraman, Yoo!"

Then a cute, bubbly, chubby little boy came to view.. Daehyun chuckled at how Youngjae was so super cute even back then.

"It's a fine day today, January 23! Tomorrow is my 15th birthday, just so you know! Cameraman Yoo, will now give you a tour in his natural habitat! I Hope you're up for a ride, cause I'm gonna give you one!"

And then the camera seemed as if it was lifted up and moved around

"I'll show you our kitchen! Umma is making Yummy apple pie for us! sounds good right?"

Daehyun felt a light grip on his arm

"My Umma..."

He jotted his head to glance at Youngjae a little. It looked like some tears were threatening to fall from his eyes.

Daehyun gently lifted his arm up to Youngjae's side and tried to soothe him

He then had his attention back at the screen again.

The camera was pointing at a graceful figure which was elegantly serving something, that Daehyun didn't know what it was but it sure looked delicious.

Then he could now make up what the graceful figure was.. It was a very beautiful lady with long black shiny hair and pretty eyes.. Youngjae definitely has her eyes, Daehyun thought..

"Umma! say hi to my new camera!"

"Oh, Hi there..ughh my BabyJae's new camera"

"Umma! I told you not to call me that! I'm not a baby anymore!"

"Well, you'll always be my baby, even when you're 100 years old.."

"Stubborn Umma really.."

The grip on Daehyun's arm got tighter and by then he could already hear Youngjae's soft sobs

"It's okay, Jae.. You can let it all out.."

Now the soft sobs weren't so soft anymore

"Umma, is the apple pie done?"

"Yup, and I especially put a lot of whip cream on top of it, just for you.."

"Yay! feed me, Umma! I can't eat with the camera on my hands.."

"And you said, You weren't a baby anymore, but you still want your Umma to feed you.."

Chuckles were heard, before the beautiful lady grabbed a spoonful of that 'apple pie' and fed it to the Younger version of Youngjae. Daehyun couldn't see how he ate it since the camera was only face front, but he still could hear some satisfied noises..

"Mmmmnn.. My Umma makes the best apple pie in the world! I Love you Umma!"

"Umma Loves her BabyJae too.."

The audio was now mixed with obvious sobs , that radiated from the person next to Daehyun

"I-I miss her so much, Daehyunnie... If only I could've atleast done something that night, aside from being such a coward.."

"Hey..didn't you say it's okay to be afraid? it's part of being human right?"

Daehyun wipe the latters tears away, before holding him closer and giving him a small peck on the forehead..

"You'll get over it, Jae.. I know you can.." after seeing a small curve on the latter's lips, he then paid his vision to the screen again

"Youngjae, can you be a dear, and give this to your Appa? He's down by the garage.. He's just adding some additional touches to your cube.."

"My cube!! Oh I can't wait for it to be done! "

Daehyun saw a hand reach out to what Youngjae's mother was holding out to him. 'So she wanted him to deliver the apple pie to his appa..interesting..', thought Daehyun for a moment.

The camera ran down a stair case and he could now vision out a man doing something to what seemed like the cube

"Appa! Umma, made apple pie.. here have some!"

"Oh, really? She makes the best apple pie, now does she, Youngjae?"

"Of course!"

"That's my boy.."

"Dae.. That's my Dad.. he made this cube.."

"Well he sure did a great job at it"

"I know right?"

"And I can see where you got your intelligence.."

"Oh, stop it, you.."

They both chuckled and stared back at the screen again

"Your cube is ready, Jae.. all you have to do is sign in your finger print here, then I can arrange the settings , so it'll be secured and safe for you, since you'll be the only one to enter, unless you arrange the settings for someone else too.. if you know what I mean"

His dad wiggled his eyebrows

"Appa! I won't rearrange the settings for anybody!"

"You won't be saying that, until you've found the person who'll steal your heart and eventually live in the cube with you, may it be for traveling or permanent"

"Yah!"

"Say, what you wan't Jae, but I know it'll happen soon"

Hearing these words, Youngjae's eyes widdened and a tint of pink made it's way to his face

"He told you, you'd rearrange the settings for the person who'd steal your heart?"

"*cough* yeah?.."

"But you rearranged it for me, did I steal your heart?"

"...ughh..."

"That's impossible!"

"Huh?"

"If I did steal your heart, you would've been already dead by now!"

Youngjae sighed in relief.. 'atleast Daehyun didn't know what dad really meant'

"Yeah.. He must have just been joking, Daehyunnie.."

"Okay, Jae.. now that it's done.. I need to put your camera inside, so you won't go through the hassle of finding it whenever you want to travel with the cube.. it'll be placed inside the bedside cabinet if ever you want to use it.."

"Okay! but can I be the one to put it inside? I wanna see how it looks like inside.."

"Woah, there.. no can do.. I'll be the one to place it there.. The inside'll be a suprise for you.. I assure you'll be amazed when yoy go traveling and bring this baby up!"

"Well okay.. I'll go upstairs now! I wan't more apple pie.. here's the cam., Dad.."

The camera seemed as it was being passed to Youngjae's father as little Youngjae was no longer holding it. The view slowly changed from the garage, and into the cube. It had been the same since then..

"I'm sure Youngjae will absolutely love this place! and I'm sure Youngjae's lover will love this place too.. I even put in one bed purposely so you can cuddle with your 'lover', Jae.. And.. Jae.. if you're rewatching this right now, then I still wanna wish you, an ADVANCE HAPPY BIRTHDAY!.. Enjoy your birthday presents, son.. Umma and Appa loves you"

That's what he said before the camera died down signaling the clip's end..

"I never saw that end part.."

Youngjae was starting to tear up again, but half of him was embarrassed and hoping Daehyun didn't understand what his dad had mention

"Ahh Appa, really..Please don't take what he said seriously, Daehyunnie.."

"What do you mean? Is it about that Lover thing?"

Youngjae tensed upon hearing it

"Y-Yeah.."

"Isn't he telling the truth though?"

"W-what?"

"I mean.. We are cuddling, and I Love this place too.. doesn't that make me your lover your Dad was talking about?"

"Ughh.. come again?"

"I did already tell you, I Love you.. doesn't that make me your Lover?.."

In panic, Youngjae hurridly tried to think of a way to escape this conversation

"C-can we talk about this in the morning? I'm kinda sleepy.."

"Sure..if that's what you want.."

Sighing in relief,  like it's the one millionth time, Youngjae wanted to throw confetti in the air right now.

He wasn't exactly sleepy.. plus he felt very uncomfortable at his position right now..so he cooly layed himself down Daehyun's lap like it's the normalest thing to do.

He was suprised at the approximity of how Daehyun had quickly complied to his actions and relaxed a bit while carresing his hair softly

Youngjae looked up only to see Daehyun looking down at him

He palpitated due to the intense gazing of the other to him. He just wished Daehyun wouldn't be able to feel his racing heart

"Youngjae?.."

"Hmmn?"

"Do you Love me too?.."

"Errmn... before I answer that.. give me your definition of the term 'Love' "

"I don't exactly know... but let's just take what I feel for you as the definition of love.."

"Then, exactly, what do you feel for me, Daehyun?"

"I feel the need to protect you and make you happy no matter what.. I also really really like You, and think you're really cute.. when I Look at you, my stomach does flips and my heart does this flutters thing and I just really want to take care of you even if it causes me my life.."

At this point, Youngjae was left speechless.. he hadn't expected such a defined explination of how the latter felt.. and he also thought of being extra careful about handling Daehyun's feelings..

"So do you love me too?"

"If that's your definition.. then yes.. I Do Love you too.."

Daehyun smiled a smile that Youngjae swore half of his mind, body and soul melted..

"Thank you.."

Then Youngjae felt a pair touch his nose tip..one more move and it's the lips..

"You can sleep now.. I know you're sleepy.. I won't bother you anymore"

Youngjae decided to aim a smile as well

"You were never a bother.."

And then he let himself drift to dream land..

_______@Jung Company_________

"Jiyung is the president in?"

"Yes, Mr. Yoongi.. He's right behind this door, Sir.."

"Okay.. You can go now, Jiyung.."

"Thank you sir.."

When Yoongi, opened the black door, he was met with a man siting on a chair, Back facing Yoongi

"How may I help you, today, Yoongi?"

"I'd like to have a Word with you.. Kim Junmyeon."
 

_________________________________

(A/N:

A Brief description of the Author: Has a weird habit of overusing dots '...'

Sorry about those XD

Anyway, here's my christmas and new years gift to you all (/ _ _)/ it took me a long time to write and update this, and once again, I apologize ..

So, have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!! 
I Love you guys ^^ so much ;v;

Author-nim, Out, Peace ^^)

credits to WeHeartYoo for the pic.