35 Comprehension goes AWOL

Desperate

A few hours had passed after a whole session of laughter, teases and sharings of heart wrenching but nostalgic stories. For
Daehyun, it was comforting to have known a few things he couldn't grasp as a child; like how Kai had told him he, Kyungsoo, Jin and Jimin would constantly meet up to discuss the mysterious little boy who was never allowed to leave his god forsaken cage. Often times they would feel sad for the boy, but other times, Kai would make fun of Daehyun and call him a monster, thus influencing his new little brother to do the same. However, this would only result to hard slaps from Jin to Kai and from Jimin to Kyungsoo. No matter how they placed it, they always seemed to side with Daehyun, even though they hardly even knew the boy, which to Daehyun was very endearing. Although it wouldn't really matter now since it's been about a decade since then. It felt good to know those things... better late than never, right?

He always thought that they only had their intentions on ignoring him for the rest of their lives, but it was good to know that they thought about him too. Heck, they even held meetings! 
Hearing that now, wasn't as bad as he thought.

After Kai and Kyungsoo left, the couple didn't even have the time to sigh when the door came flying open. The sudden thud had them jolting in their seats. Curious, they looked up and saw a tired looking, panting Himchan. He was smiling, nonetheless.

"DAEHYUN!!!!!!!!" The elder screamed and ran into the cage. He clumsily ran forward and yelped as he lost his footing and plummeted into the hard cold ground. This, however was not going to stop an enthusiastic hyung who missed his dongsaeng so badly.

"I missed you so much!!!!" He creepily crawled up to the bed, scaring Daehyun a little, before he practically threw himself on the slightly frightened lad. He crushed Daehyun up in his seemingly weak arms and rubbed his cheek againts his, saying incoherent lovey dovey words that Daehyun couldn't understand one bit.

"Hyung, you're making it seem like we haven't seen each other in forever.." Daehyun painfully muttered as he felt the air suddenly knocked out of his system.

"It has been forever!!!"
Himchan faked cry.

"It has only been 4 days hyung.." 
Daehyun tried pushing Himchan's face away from him, but the elder's grip only seemed to get stronger by the second.

"Four days is long enough, you idiot!!!!!" And with that, he pulled away and vigorously faced the other way, crossing his arms and making a sad pout whilst he pretended to be hurt by the other's tactless words.

After a few minutes of embarrassing scoldings, Himchan and Daehyun finally realised that they weren't alone in the room. Behind them was a really cute mushroom hair, curled up on himself as a dark aura surrounded him and his ignored existence.

"Aigoo Jae!! I missed you too!!!" He panickly screamed and rush to Youngjae's side, but alas, it was too late, for when he lifted Youngjae's head up, his face was laced with deprivation...of attention.

"Lord have mercy on his sorry soul!!! Bring our Youngjae back!!" Himchan dramatically screamed as he looked at the ceiling and shook Youngjae so rapidly, that the younger swore his head would fall off.

"Alright! Alright! Hyung I'm back!! Stop shaking me already!!"

"Phew! I thought you were a gonner!" Himchan slipped his arms on Youngjae's waist and pulled him closer, patting his head and making incoherent noises again. It feels as if he has his own language.

"Too much drama hyung, too much drama." He bluntly said.

"You ungrateful brats! Hyung ran all the way here like the speed of light and all you do is reject him! Such ungrateful children!" The drama queen scolded and gave the couple the stink eye before letting go of Youngjae and pushing him to the side rather harshly.

"Hyung is a hindrance, that's why!" Daehyun cheerfully said as if the words didn't sound disheartening at all.

"My baby!!! Where did you learn that?!! You don't call people a hindrance just like that without thinking twice about it! And what's up with that face?? Why are you so happy??? Do you even know what a hindrance is?? YOUNGJAE TAUGHT YOU THAT, DIDN'T HE?? WHY YOU LITTLE- DON'T INFLUENCE YOUR SASS ON HIM!! HE'S STILL PURE!!" The couple instantly cringed at every LOUD word that came out from Himchan's boisterous mouth. It wasn't all that pleasant to hear him nag but it was kind of comforting that despite the time duration that they have been apart from each other, Himchan felt like nothing ever really happened at all. He's still the same obnoxious silly rabbit they met in the woods.

"Your voice is hurting our eardrums, hyung... and.. I didn't teach Daehyun that word. It just proves his vocabulary is improving day by day... but yes.. I totally agree with him! You really are a hindrance" Youngjae gave an obvious loud snort, purposely trying to burst Himchan's nerve.

"You little ! So ungrateful! And to think I abandoned my babies for you!! Tsk.Tsk. so ungrateful."

Youngjae's ears perked up at this. Aside from the usual nag, the talk about his so called 'babies' did get his attention.

"Babies? Your babies???? Do you mean-" his surprised questioning had gotten interrupted because Himchan leaped on the bed and stared directly at him

"Yes!Yes! Jungkook, Himchan and Zelo! They're my babies now!" He exclaimed oh so cheerfully. Youngjae couldn't even begin to process what he just said and Daehyun certainly had not a single clue what they were talking about.

"You... You told them?..." His tone started to drop and so did Himchan's energetic self.

"Ye-Yeah... it was hard... I had to comfort each of them for hours because Jongup and Junhong looked so traumatized and shocked before they bursted into tears and Jungkook decided to join them as well... Me and Yongguk stayed up the whole night to calm them down...but... on the bright side... they willingly wanted to be our children... and we both knew all too well how we started to get attached to them...so...yeah.. we're parents now..."

"WAIT! WAIT! WAIT! WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU BOTH TALKING ABOUT?!!" 
Daehyun started to raise his voice dramatically. Seriously, he knew he didn't know a lot of things but, what we're they talking about??? Himchan, Yongguk? Parents? Junhong, Jungkook, Jongup, crying? It didn't add up! How did they even know each other?? The last time he remembered, he had met each group individually since their places were very far from each other! He was a curious boy that was always confused and filled with questions because for the past nineteen years of his life, he was caged and was not given any sort of answers from his simple questions. But now, it just didn't make any sense, well nothing ever did, but way to add up his confusion!

Himchan exhaled lengthily.

This was going to take awhile.
____________________________________

"Yoongi, how's your side going?"

Junmyeon asked, eyes not leaving the dark abyss called 'space'. They weren't exactly the ones to control and man the ship but they had agreed to each have a designated side to monitor and make sure everything would go smoothly.

"Everything's going well... I suppose... there were a couple of tokki ships but good old DNX301 took care of them..."

Junmyeon smiled against his earpiece's mic. From the looks of it, with their lack of disturbance, they should be able to get to earth in a matter of days. In all honesty, if you'd ask him when the date of arrival to Earth is expected a couple of nights ago, Junmyeon would have probably said "about a month". But seeing as though there were no major disturbances and judging from all the extra feul, they might just get back to earth with little to no trouble and time as well.

Of course, they were aware that there was a 50/50 chance that some of the tokiverox haven't taken off to space unlike the many that they have exterminated. Yoongi had said that during those days where he was inactive in Junmyeon and Hoseok's line of sight, he had been instructing the workers on making a certain machine that would take care of the problem given. Albeit he and Hoseok obviously did not know anything about that 'certain machine', Junmyeon thinks it was only right to put his trust in Yoongi, I mean it's not like they were obliged to use that machine... they were only going to use it when they really needed to...

"Junmyeon?" Yoongi's voice interrupted his thoughts once more..

"Yeah?"

"I'm getting something in the radar. Come here...quick.."

____________________________________
PLEASE READ. THERE IS NEWS THAT YOU REALLY NEED TO KNOW IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS STUPID AUTHOR'S NOTE I SWEARRR.

[A/N: Yeah, so I'm gunna go and hide under the table just in case you readers are gunna come and beat me with pitch forks and tie me up on a pole covered with barb wire before setting my whole body on fire.

ODG IM SO SORRYYYY 。゚(。ノωヽ。)゚。

I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN WHAT? 214236754 MONTHS??? I CANT BELIEVE MYSELF.

BUT NOOOO I WASN'T SLACKING OFF, I SWAERRR, SCHOOL IS SUCH A BYATCH I TELL YOU, ITS SUCHH A BYATCHH. IMM SOOOO SORRY

although I'm pretty sure no one will kill me ∩(*▼▽▼); cuzz no one's probably gunna read this crap in the first place (μ_μ) huhuhu I'm putting on the cone of shame rn.

Anyway about the news, as you all know, I have mentioned in my past (stupid) Author's notes that this story is nearing it's end, well yes, it is true.. so with that 'enlightenment' I will be updating everyday after this update until this story is completed to make up for my (unforgiveable) abscences. HE HE HE. I wanted to let you know ahead of time because I didn't want you to scroll down thinking you've already read the new chapter when you see that Desperate has updated where in fact it was already the second/third/etc. Update.

He He He it's only gunna be for a couple of days or so tho since, like I said, it's ending soon *guiltily throws confetti*

If ever you're reading this, then I sincerily thank you for you have just gone through unbearable torture of going through this story till the end T-T I JUST WANNA SAY THAT I LOVE YOU GUYS TO AN EXTENT BC ACK. YOU MEAN SO MUCH TO ME HUHUHU I AM UNDESERVING. TT---TT

Thank you for your time :)