32 Goodnight Daehyun

Desperate
Junmyeon had excused himself out of the room as soon as Luhan was done patching up Youngjae's wound, reasoning that he had to meet up with his 'best men' as they were already approaching the ship..
"Great you're all done now.." Luhan exhaled a sigh of relief as he patted Youngjae's nicely wrapped up arm..
"Can I put on my jacket now?" Youngjae asked still a bit light headed from the unbearable pain
"Are you sure? It's covered in blood now..." Luhan explained
"And besides, I think Daehyun wont mind having you topless for the rest of the day.."
Daehyun's ears perked up after hearing this. Red suddenly started crawling all over his face..
but..
He didn't complain, nor fight back.. well, it was true anyway, right?
"Hyung is such a ert... and I thought you were reserved.."
Luhan laughed at the comment, without them noticing, Daehyun standing up and going inside the cube
"Huh? Where did Daehyun go?" Youngjae only noticed Daehyun was gone after a few minutes
"He went inside the cube" Hoseok told the injured teen, eyes never leaving the box like shelter..
"What's he doing there?" The injured confused boy asked again..
"I don't know.." The man shrugged.. They were about to question it again, but Daehyun came running back to their spot again.. This time he had Youngjae's button up white long sleeve in one hand and a towel in the other..
"Excuse me Luhan hyung.." He politely pardoned as Luhan scurried away from in front of Youngjae, to beside Youngjae..
Daehyun sat infront of the injured boy. Scrutinizing his form for a bit before raising the towel gently to Youngjae's forehead, dabbing the little drops of sweat staying there..
Youngjae sat stiff, unable to process things for awhile before smiling softly..
"You really are something...huh.." the injured boy said as he glued his gaze into Daehyun's eyes, blushing at their closeness
"It's my job to take care of you... even though I'm not someone as fancy and smart as a doctor..." Daehyun stated nonchalantly, earning Luhan's attention..
"Heyyy-" Luhan was about to complain, but a hand had covered his mouth. Shushing whatever he had to say..
Looking over to the hand's owner, there he saw Hoseok 'Shhhhhhh'-ing him with a finger over his pursed lips...
"Let them be... they haven't seen each other for awhile.. so I think it's best if we leave them alone.... 'Privacy'." Hoseok had whispered into his ear, earning him goosebumps..
Luhan reluctantly nodded as he got up, along with Hoseok, him going out the door first, and Hoseok following later..
"If you need anything, we'll be outside this door..." Hoseok had told his son..
"why? If you're worried about bothering us.. it's alright.. you can stay here.." Daehyun countered..
"No.. it's- ugh... I have to talk to Luhan about something..." He half lied.. although he hadn't really planned a real 'talk'.. he did have something in his mind that he'd like to discuss to Luhan with..
"I see... we'll call if anything happens.." Daehyun nodded..
After the door closed, Daehyun returned his attention back to the younger, still staring at him...
"Alright.. Youngjae... I can clearly see that the floor's not the best place for you to sit or lay down... so.. which do you wanna go to? the cube's bed or my bed?"
Youngjae thought for awhile, looking through the advantages and disadvantages of each choice..
The cube was a bit stuffy and closed.. if they needed anything from the others, their yell wouldn't reach outside.. but Daehyun's glass cage wasn't soundproof.. plus, it was closer to the door.. so maybe the cage wouldn't be so bad after all..
"The cage'll do.."
Daehyun helped Youngjae stand up before casting the clothing's on his shoulder
"Can you walk?"
Youngjae chuckled a little
"Of course I can... I got hit in the arm, not not legs, silly.... but.. thanks for asking.." He assured Daehyun with a smile, not wanting to sound like he was teasing him..
"O-Oh... can I still carry you though?.." He blushed as Youngjae chuckled again
"So that's why you were asking.." Youngjae grinned
"Huh? No.. I was asking because I was concerned.. not because I just wanted to carry you.."
Daehyun cheekily defended himself.
"If that's what you say... and yes.. you can carry me.."
Daehyun did as told and lifted Youngjae up bridal style
"Onward my prince Jung! To the divine bed!!" He yelled, blushing at his own statement..whilst Daehyun just laughed loudly
"Why the bed? You aren't gonna sleep so early now.. are you?"
"Well, where else? The cage's got nothing but a bed.. do you expect me to sit on the floor?.."
He complained.
Daehyun started walking to the glass cage, not exactly knowing what to say back..
"Maybe, maybe not.." he smirked as he looked at Youngjae with sly eyes.. Youngjae looked back too, suspicion crawling up his system..
"You evil prince! Is that how you treat your wife-I mean husband- I mean angelic princess?! Wait, I meant prince, yes angelic prince. Is this how you treat your angelic prince?!"
Daehyun chuckled again, trying to catch up with the latter's silly little antics.
Without them realizing, they had already reached inside the glass cage, Daehyun remembering not to close the door since they didn't have the card at the moment, so if anything happens, they can just run out the room without going through the hassle of unlocking the door.
Daehyun carefully placed his 'angelic prince' down the bed before setting himself down as well..
Then he continued to dab the small droplets of sweat on Youngjae's face..
"Hey.. ahh.. Thanks for everything, alright? .."
Daehyun furrowed his eyebrows a little before proceeding to wipe the sweat on Youngjae's neck then chest
"What are you thanking me for?.. it should be vice versa.."
The mushroom haired boy smiled lightly
"Then what do you call this? shouldn't I thank you? " He gestured to the bed, then the towel then finally the buttoned up white long sleeve, still draped over Daehyun's shoulder..
"Aishh.. it's no big deal and stop moving around too much, you're making it harder to wipe off your sweat.."
Youngjae blushed as Daehyun totally fixated his gaze on his bare chest whilst concentrating on wiping it..
"I can't help but flinch.. I'm sensitive on those parts.. it's not everyday someone wipes off your own sweat from your own bare chest.."
He pouted, but Daehyun merely shrugged..
"Hey.. it was everyday for me back then.. and I never flinched a bit.. The robots would bathe ,change and wipe me.. every single day.. do you know how uncomfortable that felt?..but still, I refrained from moving too much, so I'd help lessen the time.." Daehyun folded the towel and placed to the side..
"Well, Daehyun, honey.. there's a difference between robots and humans... Robots don't have emotions or personal thoughts or any of that.. they just do their job... where as humans, such as yourself, have their own thoughts and emotions... now how would I know, that you aren't mentally judging me and my baby fat?.."
Daehyun snorted a little
"You're worried I'd think bad of your baby fat?.. Oh come on.. I didn't even know you had baby fat.. and besides.. You're beautiful, so it wouldn't matter..."
Youngjae grimaced , crossing his arms on his now 'sweat free' chest.
"I don't believe you.."
Daehyun merely smirked as he leaned on top of the latter, startling Youngjae a bit.. carefully placing his hands by the side of Youngjae's body as he pushed himself up..
Once he completely got on top of the now flustered mushroom haired boy, he then proceeded grinning
"W-What are you doing?" the youngest asked, looking up his lover, blushing as he muster up the courage not to let this uneasy feeling that was coiling up his system get to his head..
"My baby is perfect just as he is" Daehyun whispered as he leaned in closer.
Expecting something spontaneous  to happen, Youngjae slowly closed his eyes as he waited, but immediately widening them as soon as he felt delicate fingers press his sides repeatedly. Him laughing and struggling under the elders hold non stop..
"Dae-ah! Hyun.. stop- haha- it tickles- ah I can't breathe!! Yahh!" He panted as Daehyun watched him, mercilessly pressing his fingers slowly in and out of the younger's delicate sensitive sides..
"Not until you admit you're wrong about yourself.." he continued tickling his lover, with a much quicker speed this time..pressing his fingers more into the Youngjae's baby skin..
"Daehyun! Please- Ah- Haha I'll-"
Youngjae flailed his hands all over, attempting to push Daehyun away, but he gasped as soon as he felt a sting of pain straining his arm
"M-My Arm! Argh" he yelled out, Daehyun stopping almost immediately
"What?! What is it?!"
He voiced down his concern as he tenderly rubbed Youngjae's (again) sweating forehead..
The latter let out a small cry in pain
"I-It hurts..." He gritted his teeth, trying to bear with the pain
"Do you want me to go get Luhan?!" Daehyun frantically yelled, panicked
"N-No.. J-Just stay.. It'll go away soon.." He flinched, feeling another sharp sting, but tried to conceal it to refrain from worrying Daehyun anymore than he already is..
"A-Are you sure?!" Daehyun yelled, mentally fighting whether to just go and make a run for it to call Luhan or not..
"Y-Yeah... I just need to stop moving it too much..."
Daehyun looked down sadly..
"I shouldn't have tickled you.." He murmured, in rage with himself and his own stupid actions..
"Yeah.. you shouldn't have.." Youngjae nodded in agreement .
Daehyun scrunched his face up in distaste as he brought his knees to his chest, sadly looking down..
"I am a shame to humanity.."
He spoke in a deep troubled voice , leading Youngjae to furrow his eyebrows in confusion
"where did that come from? No, you aren't.." The younger boy responded in a serious tone, the pain slowly starting to wear off..
"Oh yes I am... I hurt you..." He reasoned before Youngjae rolled his eyes to the side..
"Eyyyy cut the drama... You know you didn't.. you're just trying to take the blame because you're afraid I'd get mad if you didn't, which is completely untrue.."
They both knew Daehyun was genuinely blaming himself.. but Youngjae didn't want him to feel the need to be sorry anymore.  after all the times he made those horrible jokes that always ended up with Daehyun apologizing in the end, he learned to take the blame himself too..
Daehyun sighed.. getting that Youngjae was trying to prove a point.. They weren't really going anywhere unless they drop this , were they?
"Look, let's just drop this alright? I'm sorry, you're sorry. The End.. " Youngjae insisted and Daehyun smiled at the thought that he actually knew what Youngjae was thinking..
"Alright.. I'm sorry, You're sorry, The end. it is.." he gave him an eye smile as he faced him back again, this time, grabbing the button up white long sleeve..
He gingerly draped the clothing all over his lover, helping him insert his arms into the sleeve holes ever so gently before securely buttoning it up..
"There.. You're all dressed up now.. how do you feel?"
Youngjae felt nice against the soft loose fabric. This was definitely a good thing to help make him feel better and comfortable..
"I feel nice.."
"Great now we shall rest.."
Daehyun layed beside him without warning..
"Weren't you the one who said we shouldn't sleep because it's too early?"
"Yeah, but now I'm tired and I'm sure it's good for you and your arm to rest... let it heal through your sleep... unless you want me to go get that knife again and stab my-"
"I get, it.. I'll rest, I'll rest.."
He just didn't want to think back to the time when Daehyun stabbed himself for the sake of himself.. it was too much..
Daehyun wrapped his arms around Youngjae as they layed there.. it sure felt nice to be able to do this again.. After what felt like a millennium of being seperated with each other which was actually just a few days, they eventually learned to cherish every moment they have together... you never know when they'll get separated again.. none of them wanted to know when, nor did they want that to happen. not one  bit.
He softly pecked Youngjae's head before laying comfortably back down again.. though after a few moments he did sat back up again after a thought came in..
"Say... Youngjae..."
He received a soft hum..
Daehyun gulped down his own saliva, Adam's apple bobbling up and down as he nervously debated... he has been wanting to try this for awhile now.. and plus, it could help him finally sleep peacefully without getting nightmares unlike the past nights..
"You wouldn't mind if I..." He gestured to his own ear then pointed his finger on Youngjae's left chest..
It took a minute to realize what Daehyun was planning on doing  but after the thought clicked, he instantly started blushing..
"Ugh.. sure.. go ahead.."
Daehyun happily thanked him before laying back in bed then moving downwards, aiming his ear down to Youngjae's chest..
"Ehhhh.. it's so fast... so rapid.."
He awed in amusement.. before wrapping his hand on his lover's waist..
"Can you make it slower and more relaxed so I can sleep?" He requested so innocently. Confusion showing on his face the moment he heard a soft laugh..
"No silly.. I can't control my own heart, pabo.."
Daehyun only hummed
"It's nice to listen to it once in a while...Don't you think?.."
"Really? Why?"
"Well..  I get this secured feeling.." He pressed his ear more, trying to drown himself with the fast loud beats.. red tint slowly crawling unto his face the more he listened to it... It really did feel nice.. like an oasis in the middle of the desert.. like a refreshment from all the hardships they've been through..
"Secured feeling of what?" Youngjae curiously asked, gently caressing Daehyun's hair with his slender fingers..
"It makes me feel secured... that.. you're..alive...
I wouldn't know what I'll do if it stops... You don't know how scared I felt when Kyungsoo aimed that gun at you..."
Youngjae softened his eyes... It's terrible yet at the same time beautiful the moment you realize what love can do to you... how it feels to have somebody bet down their own life for yours... He remembered crying so hard when Daehyun threatened to rip his own heart out just so he wouldn't get shot.. The sight was just too overbearing to see to the point where he wished he didn't have eyes and ears so he wouldn't have to listen and see the heartbreaking conversation of threats and bets..
It truly is terrible... but somehow.. it's also really beautiful..
It's beautiful to see you have someone wiling to be with you, no matter how imperfect you are.. it's beautiful to see your certain personality changes when it comes to that certain person..
Love was really something else was it?..
"Hmmnn... seems like it's slowed down a bit... good.. I like that...keep it at this spee- ayeeeee it's fast again.."
Youngjae playfully smacked his lover's head..
"Daehyun, you idiot, I told you I can't control it! " He scolded the other
"Hush shush... calm down.. don't make it beat faster.." Daehyun laughed and ignored Youngjae's cute angry pout..
They didn't say a word for awhile.. nothing but the loud beats echoed through Daehyun's ear..
He has been troubled a lot for awhile.. but now that Youngjae's here, it made him feel like all his troubles have been lifted..
"Youngjae?.." He called
"Neh?.."
"..During those days when we were separated.. I couldn't sleep right.. but when I did sleep, I'd get horrible nightmares.. and because of those nightmares... I didn't want to sleep anymore...
so I always ended up restless and weak in the morning.. and when they come take out my blood.. it becomes twice as painful..." He practically rapped.. he just needed to get the weight off of his chest..
Youngjae sighed.. upset about letting all of those things happen.. upset that he didn't arrive sooner.. Upset that he wasn't there for Daehyun when he needed him the most..
"But... now that you're here... I don't think I'll get nightmares anymore..."
They both smiled at each other for a brief second..
"Alright... I'll try to stay calm.. so you can at least fall asleep with no troubles.." he breathed in and out before trying to relax as much as possible..
"You know... This makes a really great lullaby... It's very welcoming too... Feels like I'm already asleep.." Daehyun muttered, eyes droopy and voice quiet, before he let out an adorable yawn.. Youngjae only cooed at the sight.. feeling a little sleepy himself..
Daehyun shifted a bit, trying to make himself more comfortable by tightening his wrapped arms around Youngjae's waist.. he tiredly closed his eyes.. it has been awhile since he got really good sleep.. he hopes he will today though...
Youngjae on the other hand didn't exactly feel too sleepy yet, but his eyes were becoming droopy too..
He slowly ran a hand through Daehyun's hair, giving him a sweet peck goodnight before humming a soft tune of his own....
_________________________________________
Hours passed by.. Two men slyly going back into the room to check on the couple only to awe at the sight..
They were fast asleep wrapped in each other's arms as Daehyun layed his head calmly on Youngjae's chest. A gentle smile plastered on his face..
"They're asleep.."
"Yes... I can see that.."
"Who do you think tops?" This earned Luhan a rather hard smack on the head
"Pabo.. don't be so erted...and... D-Dae tops."
Luhan rolled his eyes to the side
"Eyyyyyy.. Mr. Jung really.. calling me erted before saying that his son's the dominant one..."
His snarky remark was quickly shunned
"Shhh! You'll wake them up."
Luhan 'Tsk'-ed quietly before jolting his eyes to the sleeping pair..
softening his gaze as he watched them enviously while they sleep in each other's secure embraces..
'It sure must feel nice..'
He thought to himself, but quickly
shook the thought off, remembering where that same simple thought brought him 4 years ago..
a fat silence occurred in the room, nothing but the gentle exhales and inhales from the couple could be heard..
"You'll reconsider my offer, right, Luhan?.."
Luhan tilted his head in confusion
"What do you mean reconsider?... I already agreed to it.."
Hoseok smiled in content.. yet somehow.. it was sort of a sad smile too... thinking about how this decision could affect Daehyun and now ,Youngjae... The hard part was there was a possibility this decision could ruin a relationship... That was what they certainly did not wish to happen..
"Good... I put my trust in you, okay?... make it as painless as possible..."
"I'll try... I just hope this wont affect anything... though I'm pretty sure it will.."
"Don't think about that... yet.. for now let's just leave them be..."
and with that, they quietly walked out the room, not forgetting to lock up and turn off the lights...
"Good night Daehyun.. Dream sweet, okay?"
 
________________________________________
[A/N: Hiya! AhueAhue.. How ya doin? this chappie was corny as hell XD  Ew.
 
can you guess what that ' decision' is?