CHAPTER 8

Marrying A Creep

On the plane, you just watch the scenery outside, ignoring the guy beside you who's Chanyeol. He's busily playing with his phone and you stood up to head to the restroom when he grabbed your wrist, asking you where you're going. You pry his hands away and head to the bathroom. You hate him when he acts like your boyfriend. When he acts as your PROTECTIVE BOYFRIEND. You glanced at his direction, rolling your eyes before entering the restroom. You sighed, facing the mirror. You took out your phone, feeling a sting in your heart seeing your wallpaper. It's a collage picture of you and Baekhyun. The first frame was taken when you're 13 years old, 3 weeks before you leave for LA. The second frame was the picture he sent to you when you're in LA. And the last frame was taken days ago. Your tears formed as you look at them. You wish you're like Chanyeol. You wish you can just move on just like him. You wish it's easy as 1,2, and 3. But no. It kills you inside. Your tears rolled down, staring at your reflection. You cover your mouth with the back of your hand, to stop making sound. 
"Baekhyun..." You whispered, letting your tears flow down. It was the most heartbreaking thing you've encountered. There was a knock on the door and you wipe your tears, placing your phone inside your pocket before opening it. Chanyeol leaned against the door and he stare at you, arms crossed. 
"Sorry for ruining your moment but i have to use the restroom. So if you don't mind... Please go out." He said. You smirked, leaving him inside. You sat down on your seat again. You grabbed the book and start reading it. You focused reading, not even noticed that Chanyeol is back. You have no time to play games with him. And you never will have time for him. Chanyeol shook his head, shutting his eyes. 


Chanyeol carried your luggage, the frown never left his face. He walked towards the car and place your things inside the trunk. He sighed, seeing you eating your yogurt not even asking if he want some. He carried your luggage since you're busy eating your yogurt. He knocked on the car window signaling the driver to leave. Your eyes widened when the car drove away. You quickly throw the cup inside the trash bin. You were about to catch it when you felt a hand grab your wrist. 
"Let's eat." He said. You smirked and you shook your head, wearing your eyeglasses. 
"No. I want to go home." You said, but he pulled you with him. You reached a restaurant near by and he sat you down in front of you. 
"Behave there because i'm hungry. I might eat you." He said, taking out his phone. 
"Can we go--"
"I said we're going to eat!" Chanyeol said. You roll your eyes as the waiter placed the plates of different kinds of food. 
"Eat up. Don't worry, i'll pay." He said and you grab the pair of chopsticks and start eating. Your phone rang and Chanyeol looked at you when he saw Baekhyun's picture flashed on the screen. 
"Excuse me--" You were about to stand up and answer the phone when Chanyeol took it and hid it inside his pocket. 
"We're eating." He said. 
"Ya... That's my phone." 
"I'll give it to you later. After we eat." Chanyeol said. 


You both finished eating and you opened your palm, asking for your phone. He hailed a cab and quickly enter inside. You followed him, palm still opened. But Chanyeol ignored your actions. That made you take a deep breath, preventing yourself from shouting at him. The taxi stopped in front of the mall and he pulled you with him. 
"Ya. Let me have my phone." You said.
"Later." He said. You sighed in defeat and follow him inside a jewelry store. He busily look at those accessories displayed in front of him. The girl walked towards him, obviously flirting with him. You roll your eyes, not because of jealousy, but because you want to have your phone and take a good rest back home. You heard Chanyeol playfully laughed and you sighed, walking towards the display cases where the necklace are placed. You look at them one by one. You shut your eyes when you heard Chanyeol's laugh again. 
"I'll take this." You heard him say. You hate the girl's voice. It kinda sound Hyuna. And it boils your blood. You sighed and felt a hand s on your waist. The girl's giggle came to a stop. Chanyeol rested his chin on your shoulder, looking at the necklace you were looking. 
"Do you like that?" He asked. 
"I can pay for it." You said and hit his forehead with your palm. You looked at him and you sighed. 
"I don't know what you're up to Mr. Playboy... But those kind of acts doesn't work for me." You said and the guy wearing a uniform walked towards you. 
"Ma'am... Do you want to see the necklace?" He asked and you raised your hands. 
"No." You said. Still looking at Chanyeol. 
"Can i have my phone now?" You asked. Chanyeol sighed in defeat and took out your phone from his pocket. You grabbed it and you fake a smile. 
"Thanks." You said and you quickly answer the phone call. A phone call from Baekhyun. 
"Jagiya..." He said and you looked away from Chanyeol. 
"What?" You asked. You walk away. Preventing Chanyeol from hearing your conversation with him.
"I heard you're back in seoul... Are you home? I miss you..." He said. Your tears formed. You leaned against the wall and you take a deep breath. 
"Baekhyun... Stop acting like my boyfriend... Coz you're not." You said. 
"Namji--"
"I answered this phone call to clear it to you. We're over." You said. 
"Namji... Please, give me another Chance... Please..." He said. 
"Bye..." You said and you end the phone call. Chanyeol walked towards you. You lower your head so he won't see your tears. 
"See? That's why i don't want to give your phone." He said. 
"Kaja. You must be tired. Let's go home." He said. 


---


Baekhyun who's lying down in his bed placed his phone down, it seems like he was more broken than you. He exhaled loudly before checking his phone again. It's been days since he stop hanging out with his friends. He doesn't even eat properly. His tears rolled down, you stopped responding to his messages. You stopped calling him like before. He took a deep breath, placing his hand on his forehead, sobbing. He missed you. The way you act so sweet, changed to a very bitter one. Your voice that always sounded so caring changed to a cold one. He wants the Namji he met back. He wants you back to him. And even though it sounds impossible, he will do everything for you to forgive him. He smile, remembering how the two of you met. It was a good day with a good wether, you were lost in the park where your parents held an event. You walk around it, looking for your parents and your brother but they are nowhere to be found. You start crying when a boy looked at you. He's not a rich looking kids like you were playing with. He was dirty and playing with the mud near the swings. He stood up and approach you but was shock when you start insulting him, telling him to go away from you. Then men came and run towards you, wearing expensive suits, earpiece and has muscular body. They all lead you to your parents. Baekhyun pouted and continued playing alone. And then the next day, you were back in the park, holding two cones of ice cream, looking for someone. Baekhyun stood up from the swing and he looked at you. The two body guards are still with. That time, he thought that you're really a rich kid from a rich family. You spotted him, in the same position. You flashed him a smile and you run towards him. 
"Ms. Namji! Don't run!" The guy said, following you. You hand him the other cone. He just stare at you and you stare back at him. You can see his cuteness that time and all you want is to take him home. He took the ice cream you were holding and you smiled even more. 
"I'm Namji!" You said and he bit his lower lip. 
"Don't be shy! What's your name?" You asked. 
"B-baek-- Baekhyun..." He replied. 
"I'm sorry about yesterday... Why are you so dirty that time? I thought you're a beggar." You said. He's cleaner than yesterday so you took his hand and you both sat down on the bench. 
"Are you always here?" You asked and he nodded his head. 
"Why?"
"My Eomma works at the restaurant over there." He said, pointing to its direction. 
"I see..." You said, your ice cream. 
"How about you? Why are you here again?" 
"To see you." You said. 
"M-me?" 
"Yes. You." 
"W-why... I want to say sorry. About yesterday." You said. 
"It's okay!" He replied. 
"...and, i want to be friends!" You said. 
"F-friends?" 
"Namji! Kim Namji! Where are you??"
"O-oh-- it's Eomma!" You said. 
"Why are you here??" She asked, pulling you. 
"Who's this?? Why are you with him??" She asked. Baekhyun stood up from his seat, bowing his head. 
"He's my friend!" 
"Your friend??" 
"No! You can't be friends with him." She said and your eyes widened.
"Eomma!" 


You entered your house, welcomed by your family and Chanyeol's parents. You bowed your head and continued walking, passing them. Chanyeol sighed, placing your luggage down. 
"Namji!" Your mother called out. 
"What?"
"Where's your ring?" she asked.
"I lost it." You said and you head upstairs. You enter your bedroom and you sat down on your bed, feeling extremely tired. The door opened and Chanyeol entered.
"What are you doing here?" You asked. 
"I'm sleeping here too." He said and you sighed. He removed his ring and throw it away. You look at him, crossing your arm.
"Bwoya?!" 
Chanyeol took out a small box and wear a ring on his finger. He grabbed your hand and wear another ring on your finger too. You frowned and you look at him. 
"Don't give that away." He said. He squeezed your hand before letting it go. 
"KIM NAMJI!!" A familiar voice shouted. 
"Baekhyun?" You whispered, pushing Chanyeol aside.