CHAPTER 21

Marrying A Creep

You were busy typing on your laptop when your phone suddenly rang. You're mot expecting someone to call you so you just picked it up and answer with an hello. You sighed, hearing your brother's voice. 

"Did you picked up Jaebom?" He asked and your eyes widened.
"Ya. Kim Namji!" He said. You ended the phone call and you grab your bag and made your way to the parking lot where your car is. You quickly drove to Jaebom's school and look for him. But he's not there which made you worried. You head to his classroom and you slide the door opened, revealing his Homeroom teacher.
"Oh-- Ms. Kim..." She greeted as she stood up to bow. You wander your eyes around the room but Jaebom's not inside. 
"Is Jaebom here??" You asked. 
"Ani... Someone picked his up earlier..." The teacher replied. 
"W-who?" 
"I don't know, Ms. Kim, i'm sorry..." 
"Did you saw who it is?" 
"It's a man wearing a suit. And it really looks like Jaebom. Is that he's father?" The teacher said. Your eyes widened in fear and you run back towards you car and grab your phone, dialing Namjoon's number. 
"Oppa! Jaebom's missing!" You said with your cracked voice. 
"Mworago??" Namjoon said, half shouting. 
"Chanyeol..." You said. 
"Chanyeol?? What do you mean Chanyeol?"
"Chanyeol took him! Oppa! Chanyeol took him. Help me!" You said and your tears rolled down.
"Where are you?" He asked.
"I'm here at Jaebom's school." You said. 
"Damn it!" He cursed and he ended the phone call. You can't keep calm at the moment. You pace back and forth, not knowing what to do. After some minutes, your brother arrived and you walk towards his car. 
"Oppa! Eotteokhae?" You asked. He rubbed your back in a comforting way and he took out his phone. 
"I got his number from my secretary... Don't worry..." Namjoon said and he started calling Chanyeol. You snatched Namjoon's phone and Chanyeol exactly answer the phone call. 
"This is Park Chanyeol... Who's this?" He said.
"Where's my son?" You asked with a hint of anger in your voice. 
"Answer me!!" You shouted. There was a moment of silence and Chanyeol ended the phone call. 
"Ya! PARK CHANYEOL!!" You shouted. 
"We have to know where he lives!" You said. Namjoon nodded his head and you curl your fist into a ball. 
 
 
---
 
 
You and Namjoon stood in front of the door of this luxurious condominium unit. You bang your fist on the door door, screaming Chanyeol's name to open it. You chuckled when there's no response and you wipe your tears away. 
"OPEN THIS GOD DAMN DOOR!!" You shouted. 
"Eomma?" Jaebom said as he heard your loud voice. Chanyeol gulped down his saliva and he stood up, patting Jaebom's head. 
"Your mom? She's still working--"
"JAEBOM-AH! ARE YOU INSIDE?? BABY, EOMMA'S HERE!" You shouted, still knocking at the door. 
"Chanyeol-ssi! It's my mom!" Jaebom said and he ran towards the door and open it. 
"Jaebom!" You said in relief and you hugged him tightly. 
"Jae!" You said, kissing his forehead.
"Didn't eomma told you not to go with strangers??" 
"But he's not a stranger! You and him have lots of pictures together! Eomma--"
"Hajima!" You said, putting him down. 
"But eomma--"
"I said stop!" You shouted. 
"Don't scold him, Namji..." Chanyeol said. 
"Jaebom-ah. Kaja." Namjoon said, carrying his niece. 
"What do you think you're doing, Park Chanyeol?" You asked and he sighed. 
"Can't Jaebom stay with me for awhile? I want to spend time with Jaebom--"
"What? Are you out of your mind? Do you even hear what you're saying?? Park Chanyeol... 6 years... 6 years that i took care of him all by myself. I raised him and provide his needs and now you want to take him away from me?" You said. 
"Namji... Please--"
"I'll call the police. You kidnapped my son--"
"There's no kidnapping happened Kim Namji!! He's my son! I have my rights!!" Chanyeol shouted, standing in front of you. 
"No! You don't have any rights! You left us alone! you abandoned us!! You made me wait for nothing!!" You shouted back. 
"I didn't Namji... I always wanted to go back to you--"
"Then why the heck did you file those fcking divorce papers??" 
"I didn't! My parents did!" He shouted. 
"I'M STILL HIS FATHER NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN US, KIM NAMJI!!" Chanyeol shouted. 
"Y-you're my father?" Jaebom suddenly spoke. 
"Ya! Jaebom comeback here!" Namjoon shouted. 
"Chanyeol-ssi--"
"Hajima, hajima. We're going home.
"Take him home." You said and Namjoon carried Jaebom with him. You shut the door and you face Chanyeol. 
"Why do you have to ruin everything, Chanyeol? Do you really want to destroy me?" You asked and Chanyeol walked towards you. 
"You know how much i love you Namji. I didn't file those divorce papers. My parents did because they had some fight with your family." Chanyeol said. 
"Chanyeol... 6 years had pass. Please stop lying... Don't show up again..." You said and turn around but he quickly grab your wrist. 
"Namji..."
"Let's call this a night... I have to leave." You said and twist the doorknob. 
"Namji! Wait!" He said. 
"I'm not going to take Jaebom away..." 
"You better do that..." 
"But please, let me see him..." Chanyeol said. There was no response from you which made Chanyeol grab your wrist before cupping your cheeks and pressing his lips on yours. You protested but was no use. His strong arms trapped you against the door, just like before. Your tears rolled down. And with that, his grip loosened and he wipe your tears with his thumbs before he pull you closer to his body, wrapping you around his arms. 
"I'll prove everything to you... I promise Namji... I will..." Chanyeol said. 
 
 
---
 
 
The next day was very difficult. Being ignore by your son was the worst thing ever. You sighed, and sat down on the stool beside Jaebom. But the boy didn't even bother his self to greet his mom a good morning like he always do before. 
"Jaebom-ah..." 
"Don't talk to me! You're a liar! A liar!" He said. You gulped down and your brother just stare at your situation same as your parents. 
"You told me not to lie! But you did lie!" Jaebom shouted. 
"Jaebom-ah... Let Eomma explain first--"
"I'm going to school! And Jimin Appa will take me there!" He said. The door opened, revealing Jimin. You sighed and you stood up, watching your son running towards him. 
"Let's talk later..." Jimin said and you nodded your head.
"Drive safely, Jimin-ah!" Your mother said. 
"Ne, Eomma-nim!" He replied, they both head outside and you returned to your seat. Your mother sighed, patting your shoulders with her hands before sitting down beside you. 
"What did Chanyeol told you last night?" 
"He's asking me to let him see Jaebom..." You replied. 
"What did you said?" 
"I didn't respond..." You replied and took a sip of your coffee. 
"What's your plans, Namji-ah?" Your father asked and you sighed, standing up from your seat. 
"I don't know..." You replied and you grab your bag before heading outside. 
 
 
---
 
 
It's time to pick up Jaebom. And Jimin, being an early bird as always stayed in front of Jaebom's room and wait for the ring of the bell. The bell rang and the door opened. Jaebom walked towards Jimin and hug him tightly.
"How's school?" Jimin asked. 
"Great." Jaebom replied weakly. Jimin sighed knowing that the kid is affected by the situation happening right now. 
"Do you want to have some ice cream today?" Jimin asked but the boy shook his head. 
"Jaebom-ah!" Chanyeol's voice echoed in the hallway.
"What are you doing here?" Jimin asked. 
"Chanyeol-ssi..." Jaebom whispered. Deep inside, he wants to hug his real father. He wants to feel how to have a real father. Especially, he wants to know his real father who never stood up beside him before. Even though there's an anger inside the kid's heart, we all know that blood is thicker than water.
"Man, you i can't. Namji will get mad at me." 
"And why? I'm the real father here..." Chanyeol said, walking towards them. 
"I'm just following Namji's rules which will be for the good of the kid, Park Chanyeol." Jimin said. 
"For the good of Jaebom? You're taking him away from his REAL father Jimin..." Chanyeol said. 
"Excuse me!" Chanyeol said, calling the teacher. The teacher walked towards the three of them and bow her head. 
"Can you take Jaebom for awhile while we talk? It's kinda sensitive..." Chanyeol said. The teacher smiled and take Jaebom with her. 
"We all know here that you actually HAD feelings for Namji. And who knows if you still like her?" Chanyeol said. 
"Chanyeol, stop digging in the past just to throw something against me." Jimin said. Chanyeol smirked, grabbing Jimin's collar. 
"Why? Am i not saying the truth? Park Jimin?" Chanyeol asked, full of anger. 
"Okay then... You're the real father... But you ran away from your responsibilities. If you really want to be with Namji in the first place. You'll fight for her and run away from your parents. And why did this happened? Because you're afraid to lose all the money you have! You're afraid to lose all the wealth you have!" Jimin said which triggered Chanyeol to throw a punch on Jimin's face