Eight

Wife Number One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"But hey Soojin. Tomorrow we should meet at the old cafe we always went to."

"The one near Sehun's mom's university?"

Kris nodded. "So, what do you say, 11 tomorrow?" He asked.

Soojin thought about it for a while and nodded. "Sounds like a plan."

 

Soojin glanced into the mirror one last time. Satisfied, she grabbed her brown shoulder purse and headed out of her room. It was 8 in the morning, and she wanted to head out early. First reason being she didn't want Sehun to notice (deep sleeper), and second reason being she just wanted to get out of the house. The first time she went out of the house since the end of freshman year in college was for Sehun and Boram's wedding, and of course last night for clubbing. Everytime she had asked Sehun for a chance to go out, it would end up in vain. The male had never let her leave unless it was for family matters. Never was there a time where she was out for her own self.

It was summer and she wanted a couple of hours to herself today; and if Sehun decided to get mad, she would deal with it later.

Clad in a pair of navy blue high-waisted shorts and a long-sleeved black top that was tucked in, Soojin put on her black boots and warily looked around the house, making sure there was no sign of Sehun.

She held her keys tight in her hands and bolted out the door. She couldn't help but feel like a prisoner in her own home sometimes. She quickly got into her car that her parents had gotten for her when she had finished high school. Soojin started the engine and her black car rolled out of the driveway and down the streets.

She arrived at the cafe and parked her car nearby.

Soojin took out her phone from her purse and turned it on. The time, 8:17.

Soojin decided to take a stroll around the familiar but distant roads. She's been here, yes, but it feels as if it's been a while where it was only herself walking down the busy streets, tasting food, and buying clothes.

A broad smile snatched onto Soojin's face as she breathed in the fresh air. It was truely amazing, the feeling of being out of the house, and free. And for a split moment, Soojin wondered what it would be like if she did really divorce Sehun. Would her days become happier? Would she be able to have fun again? Would she be able to find and meet new suitors? However, Soojin knew that she couldn't answer those questions. But she was sure of one thing, no matter how many men she would meet in her lifetime, no one would be able to make her stupid heart beat like Oh Sehun could.

But even then, she sometimes hates herself because it's true.

Soojin didn't know where she was walking. And before she knew it, she bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry!" The male bowed.

Soojin quickly shook her head and also bowed. "No I'm sorry! I didn't look where I wa-" She looked up and saw Kris' beaming face under the sunlight staring at her. "YiYi." She muttered.

Kris' smile widened. "Nice bumping into you here Soo. A little bit early don't you think?"

Soojin softly laughed. "I could say the same. So what are you doing here so early?"

Kris shrugged. "Just wanted to look around this place. It's been a while."

Soojin nodded. "That"s true. Wanna walk around for a bit then? Before heading off to lunch?"

Kris teasingly sighed. "I guess. I'm stuck with you longer than I intended.... Just my luck." He teased.

Soojin shot him a grin. "Yes it is your luck! Now let's go YiYi."

Kris' broad smile didn't seem to fade off as he took occasional glances at the short girl walking next to him. Four years is a long time for him. During those four years he had lived in guilt, not knowing what to do with himself. But somehow, coming back and meeting Soojin was both a blessing and a curse for Kris. She was the one who he could talk to with an open heart and not get judged, but she was also part of a memory that he wanted to forget.

"It's really been a long time Soojin... a really long time." Kris softly muttered.

Soojin showed him a small smile. "It has. I mean now you're getting ready to take over your father's company and I, well... I'm married, to Sehun."

Kris' smile slowly turned south. She had the same expression from the night before when she had talked about her marriage with Sehun. "You're gonna have to tell me sooner or later Soojin.... Why don't you seem happy about the marriage?"

Soojin stopped her steps and carefully looked up at Kris. She didn't want his pity. And if she told him, she would get it. But he's one of her bestest friend. A person who knows almost all of her secrets, so she can't just leave him hanging.

"Why don't we take a seat first." She asked as they came across a quiet park with a bench.

Kris nodded and sat down beside her. "Ready to spill?" He teasingly asked to lighten the mood.

And it worked, he earned a small laugh from her. "Ready as I'll ever be.... Why don't you just ask your questions and I'll answer them. How about that?" She asked an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter