Chapter 26

Wife Number One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sunlight room was like a scene from a movie.

Sehun rubbed his eyes and opened them to see the most beautiful thing infront of him, Soojin sleeping soundly. He gently smiled while examining her sleeping stature. She was on her stomach with arms on either side of the pillow and head turned toward him. His smile grew as he noticed her long black hair sprawled across her and the pillow. He moved his hand closer to her face, moving a strand of hair away from her serene face so he could take a better look.

He leaned in toward Soojin and gave her a soft peck on the corner of her lips, careful not to wake her. Slowly and gently, he got out of bed, washed up, got dressed, and headed down the stairs. With a smile upon his face, he opened the fridge, getting a cup of juice for the early morning. He sat down on one of the chairs by the counter, smiling like an idiot as the events from the previous night flushed through his mind, a slight blush tainting his cheeks.

He hadn't remember the last time he was this happy, and for the first time he thought that this marriage was going to really work out for Soojin and him.

He hadn't even realized it but a small figure was coming down the stairs, dejected and disappointed. As Soojin entered inside the kitchen she was surprised to see Sehun sitting on a stool and drinking juice as if it were just any normal day.

"You didn't leave?" She softly asked while staring at him.

Sehun lightly turned his head toward the angelic voice, his heart melting. He gave her a small smile and stood up while setting his glass cup down. He walked toward her and circled his arms around her waist, "No, I didn't leave.... Why? Should I?" He softly teased.

Soojin looked down and away from his piercing gaze, "N-No, I just thought... you would've left.... You always do," her last whisper was so soft that it could barely be heard, but Sehun heard it.

He looked down in guilt and tightened his hold around her while soothingly rubbing her back, "I'm not leaving, not anymore. So don't worry about it, okay?"

Soojin's gaze slowly lifted back up to him after hearing his words. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion as she looked into his deep brown orbs, questioning everything around her. Sehun quietly gazed back down at her quiet stature, worry consuming his entire being, "Is something wrong?"

She softly let out a breath, "I'm just wondering if this is real or not...."

Sehun pulled away from her only to take her hands into his own. He gave her his signature smile, "This isn't pretend, I can assure you of that. Last night was also most definitely not pretend."

Soojin blushed, "I still don't think this is real.... Y-You should be yelling and saying stuff to insult me. You should be off somewhere doing who knows what. You shouldn't be here next to me and doing whatever you're doing right now. I-It's new...."

"And?" He softly asked.

She looked up into his eyes, "... And I'm scared I'll get use to it. I'm scared I'll become too attached and it'll just all disappear.... I don't even know what's happening right now, Sehun."

Sehun gave her a soft smile even though guilt was eating him up inside. He was going to make it up to her whether it be doing it his whole entire life or after that, he made a promise to himself last night that he was going to make it up to her, "... Let's eat breakfeast," he said with a small smile.

He guided her toward the stool next to his and headed toward the sink, "What do you want to eat? I'll cook."

Soojin gazed after him in awe. She couldn't believe what was happening before her eyes. It still felt like she was in a dream, the greatest dream possible. She gave him a soft smile, "Anything is fine."

He smiled back while washing his hands, "Okay, ramen it is. You know I at cooking."

She gently chuckled, it was true, and that was why her built up walls were falling once again, he was doing it for her. She watched him move around the kitchen with a small smile on her face, and she wondered if this was how most wives felt.

"I'm gonna go look for my phone," she softly said while getting up.

Sehun nodded while stirring the ramen around, "Okay."

As she exited the kitchen, she tried remembering where her phone or purse could've fallen off, making memories from last night rush through her head, earning a mad blush on her face. She shook the thoughts away and continued into the living room, and there was her purse on the floor. She fished her phone out to see a new message from Chen, and when she opened it, her heart shattered.

From Chen:

I called you but you didn't answer. I asked my cousin to get it done as fast as possible. I'll drop it on the front porch early tomorrow morning before heading to work.

Good Luck Soo.

"Oh my god..." she whispered.

Because of last night she had completely forgotten about her plead to Chen about the divorce papers. Her heart was beating faster and faster as she got up and ran toward the door, and there on the ground was a yellow envelope. She quickly picked it up and headed back inside, making sure Sehun wasn't in sight. She opened the envelope and inside were the divorce papers. Her tears slowly surfaced in her eyes. This shouldn't be happening now, not when her and Sehun were just starting to... who knows what.

"Did you find your phone?"

Soojin flinched when she heard Sehun's voice come from behind her. She quickly held the papers tight against her chest and turned around, "Y-Yeah, I did."

Sehun furrowed his eyebrows, "What's that?" He pointed to the papers in her hands.

She looked around the room as if trying to find an answer, "U-Uh it's... it's nothing. Just some data my mom sent me."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter