Chapter 34

Wife Number One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Alright, breathe in and breathe out. Close your eyes and listen to the sound of my voice. Nothing else matters but the sound of my voice. Once again, deep breaths, in and out. Feel your body loosen and relax itself.... I want you to think back to that time and place. Hear the water flow. Feel the breeze. See her face. Take in your surroundings as you stand with her by that river.... What's happening, Soojin?"

"W-We're just talking.... We're just talking, Yoomi and I."

 

"I said I wanted to talk with you, yet I don't know where to begin or what to say."

Soojin looked down, "I'm sorry," she whispered.

"That's not what I want to hear!" Yoomi suddenly yelled, "I don't want to hear your apology!"

Soojin raised her head and finally looked at Yoomi who was already crying, "U-Unnie?" Soojin whispered at a disbelief, the last thing she wanted was to have Yoomi crying.

Yoomi sniffled, "Don't you know that I'm just starting to fall in love again? Don't you know how much I've went through and how much he's been there for me? Don't you know how much we've been through together? If you did, you would've never said yes. Why don't you know any of that?! Why?!"

Soojin coward a step back and lowered her head once again, "I-I don't- I just... I'm sorry," she whispered once more.

"Why did you have to say yes?! Why did you have to do that to us?! I was just starting to move on!"

The thunder clapped through the woods, making the two girls look up at the sky. And instantly, the rain poured onto the world.

Yoomi looked back at Soojin, "Don't you know how much he's helped me? He's helped me get back together. To stand on my two feet. We were suppose to get married! Not you and him! We were suppose to live our lives to the fullest! He's my rock! He's my savior, Soojin! Why would you make me go through this horrible pain! I thought you like me enough as a sister to respect me! To respect US! Sehun and I!"

Soojin lowered her head in shame and dropped her knees to the muddy ground.  She bowed before Yoomi, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I like you Unnie, I really do. I just couldn't give him up and I couldn't disobey my parents. They expect so much from me and I didn't want to disappoint them."

"That's not an excu-" Yoomi didn't finish yelling as she turned around, only to slip on the muddy ground and roll down the incline toward the river.

Soojin immediately looked up when she heard Yoomi scream. She looked toward the river and saw Yoomi holding onto a broken branch hooked onto a dead tree that had fallen over.

"Soojin-ah! Help me!" Yoomi shouted for help as the flow of the river pushed agianst her.

Soojin stood still. It was as if the world was on pause. The thunder was rumbling. The rain was pouring. And all she could hear was the beat of her own heart. What's happening? Why am I here? What's happening? Soojin continuously asked herself those questions. Yoomi's fragile body getting swallowed up by the river seemed to be frightening, yet all Soojin could think about was her and Sehun's life together, without Yoomi. As awful as it sounded, it would be so much less complicated  without her. It was the sole truth that Soojin was able to admit to herself in that time and place.

"Soojin-ah!" Yoomi yelled as the broken branch detached itself from the torn tree. She was getting washed away, further and further.

 

"O-Oh my go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter