Eleven

Wife Number One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojin carefully opened her eyes.

A soft smile appeared.

The way the crack of light from the curtains hit Sehun's face was so perfect. His perfect features still showed in the darkened room. She could feel his strong arms encasing around her torso and shoulders. She rubbed her eyes in a soft manner, making sure that what or who she was seeing infront of her was real. For how long had she waited for this serene moment? Nobody will ever know. But she knows that it'll be whisked away before she knows it; and she decided to cherish the moment. Because it was the first time they had shared a bed together.

She slowly brought up her hand and caressed his soft face. "Wow... you're even more handsome now, Hun." She softly spoke to him as if the marriage didn't happen, as if that night didn't happen; and they were still the bestest friends. "You know, I sometimes wonder what our lives would be like if we hadn't gotten married. I wonder if you would've gotten married to Yoomi. If I would've found my own boyfriend... but everyone knows that those possibilities can no longer come true even if we dream hard enough."

Her eyes became teary as she sniffled. "You have to know something, Hun.... You have to know that I never meant for any of this to happen. That I never intended on breaking you and Yoomi up.... A-An-" Her voice trembled, "And that I'm sorry.... I'm so sorry for putting you through all of this. I'm sorry for everything bad that has happened to you. I-I'll take full responsibility.... If I could rewind the time, I would. I really would, Hun.... God, I'm just so sorry." She whispered and quietly broke down beside him.

It was okay if he wasn't awake. She'd prefer it if he wasn't. As long as she said those words infront of him, then she could die happy. She didn't need him to hear any of it though. Soojin would rather have him know nothing about her feelings and hate her then to know and feel guilt and remorse. One thing she always wanted to see was him happy. And yes, she knows that he is not happy being married to her, but now, she's all that he's got left. However, she knew that at least somewhere deep deep deep down in his frozen heart, he was happy. Whether it be he was happy with the good or bad memories, the beatings, or whatever it may be, he was happy with something, and that was more than enough for her.

She softly laughed and looked at his peaceful face. "You must think I look like an idiot. I still remember you calling me a crying raccoon whenever I cried.... I really miss those times, Hun.... Don't you?" She gently asked, knowing no answer would come forth from the sleeping man.

She gently moved around in his arms and leaned on her elbow that was planted under her pillow. "Good morning, and sleep tight." She whispered and softly brushed away his brown bangs from his fair face.

After that, she slowly and gently got herself out of his tight hold and walked out of her room after finishing her daily routine as quietly as possible.

 

Sehun's eyes slowly fluttered open. His hands immediately came up and blocked the ray of sunlight that casted on his face while rubbing his eyes at the same time. He carefully looked around the room, finding it familiar but so distant, it was Soojin's, his wife's room. For a minute he wondered why he was there and what had happened the previous night. Only a small flicker passed his thoughts. A flicker of someone mumbling sweet words to him.

Sehun brushed away the  thoughts and sat up in bed, lightly shaking his head to get rid of the minor headache forming. He slowly looked around the room, taking in everything that he hasn't seen for such a long time. What caught his eye? Their wedding picture on Soojin's white vanity.

Sehun furrowed his eyebrows and slowly moved himself out of the bed and went toward the picture, as if it was pulling him in. He slowly picked up the frame and examined the picture. It was of them on their wedding day. The photographer took them outside for a picture as their guests and families cheered in the background. Soojin was standing infront of him in her beautiful white dress while Sehun hugged her from behind in his dashi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter