Chapter 30

Wife Number One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rain pelted against Soojin's already cold skin.

Her whole body stood still, not moving an inch. Her lungs slowly filled up with water and the first thing she reaches for is her stomach, a motion that wants to protect her child. A whole new set of tears for a whole new reason developed in her eyes as water started to surround her. She needed one thing and one thing only, her child to live.

Soojin continued to struggle with the water that was around her. She was fighting against the flow in order to survive for the sake of the baby inside of her, yet whatever she seemed to do, it only ended up in a failed attempt. She screamed in pain while reaching for branches and logs along the bank and getting herself cut, yet she could not give up no matter how much it hurt her.

One minute she was surrounded by water, the next, she was on land and listening in on to the past Sehun and Soojin talking under a tree on a sunny day.

"I really like her Soo!" A fourteen year old Sehun exclaimed with a broad smile across his face.

Thirteen year old Soojin scrunched her nose, "You really like her that much?" She timidly asked.

Sehun eagerly nodded, "Park Yoomi is just... she's just so perfect. The way she plays piano can move anybody! Her smile is beautiful. Her as a whole is beautiful.... She's perfect in everyway possible," Sehun set his chin onto his palm while leaning his elbow against his raised knee and dreamily smiled into a distance.

Soojin watched in pain as the young her uncomfortably shifted around. This was the first time that Sehun had acknowledged to her that he liked Park Yoomi, and it was also the day he broke her fragile thirteen year old heart.

Young Soojin gave Sehun a small smile, "Why did you tell me?"

Sehun turned to her, smiled, then took her hand into his hold, "Because you, Lee Soojin, are or is one of my bestest friends in the whole entire world if not the bestest.... Plus, I need advice from a girl," he gave her a chinky smile.

Young Soojin gave him a bigger smiled, "Will you leave me all alone if I give you advice and you do happen to get the girl?"

Sehun smirked, "Never ever will I leave my best friend Lee Soojin alone even if I shall have a girlfriend. Good?" He asked.

"Good," she replied with a small smile.

Sehun tapped her knee, "Now come one! Advice!"

She laughed, "Well here's what you can do-"

And just like that, the wonderful weather turned for the worst. The wind grew stronger as the sun was quick to hide behind the clouds, making the world turn into a gloomy ray of grey. Soojin's fears flew all around her, voices coming and going, then all was silent.

 

One week and four days since Soojin has been discharged from the hospital, and not a single word from Sehun. Not a phone call or voicemail asking her if she was okay, and nothing about their baby.

Soojin carefully ate the plate of fruits that was beside her. She sat in the backyard of her parent's house and carefully looked up at the clear sky, the growing flowers, and the garden animals that would pop up every now and then. This had become a daily routine for her. Even if she were to go out of the house, someone was to be with her 24/7, and even then, she didn't have anywhere to go.

Her eyes have grown hollow. Eyebags were evident under her eyes due to the lack of sleep she got. Everynight, the same repeating dream would happen over and over again. The same scene replayed through her head even asleep and now when she is awake. No matter how much she tries to drift away from those memories, they seem to follow her, reminding her of what she's done and what was done.

"Miss Soojin?" A maid called.

Soojin turned around and smiled, "Yes?"

The maid gave her a small smile in return, "Someone is here to see you."

"Who?"

The maid lowered her head, "Mister Sehun."

Soojin's heart stopped for a moment hearing his name come out of someone else's mouth after a week and four days. She got up from her seat and eagerly turned around, and her whole world seemed to stop.

She was nervous, so nervous that she could puke. Just the thought of seeing him was enough to make butterflies form in her stomach, and now seeing him was more than enough for her. She had wondered how he looked like; did his hair grow? Did he wash his clothes? Make their-his bed? Did he get three meals a day? So many questions flashed through her head, but when she finally saw his face, a moment of silence developed between them..

Soojin's eyes softened seeing his skinny figure standing before her at the door. He had eyebags from whatever reason it may be. It had been one week and four days since she had been discharged, but it had been two weeks and four days since she has last seen him. She missed seeing his face, hearing his voice, and being in his presence. There was one thing that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter