Chapter 20

Wife Number One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How's she doing?"

Boram swallowed as she finally stopped wiping Soojin's persperation and lyed the small wet towel on her forehead. She sighed, "She's okay, I hope.... Sehun, maybe you should watch her for the night" she turned around and looked at the male.

Sehun imediately shook his head, "N-No, I couldn't possib-"

"It's the least you can do," Boram cut him off, "I have no idea what's going on but I think this is the best thing that you could possibly do for her at this point, even if she doesn't know." She got up and walked past him, going out of the RV, "Watch her well."

Sehun sighed as Boram got of the RV. He turned his attention back to Soojin's figure lying on the bed, and he slowly made his way over to her through the small path on the side of the bed, sitting on it next to her. Once again he sighed as he gazed at her. She looked so vulnerable and scared, yet she looked so peaceful. The only reason why Sehun didn't want to look after her was because he was afraid he wouldn't do a good job, he was almost scared that something would happen to her because he didn't take enough effort into caring for her.

As if he was being possessed, Sehun scooted closer to Soojin and took hold of her hand, gently rubbing his thumb tip across the back of her palm. As his gaze on her deepened, memories from earlier flew back to him. He was scared, incredibly terrified when he saw that she was passed out on Chen's back, and as if in slow motion, he saw her light body being held in Suho's arms. His heart felt hollow in that moment, and he would be lying if he said his heart didn't stop beating for a second, because he was scared. Her pale face had only turned pink from the camp fire, and the sweat that dripped from her forehead was too familiar; so for a moment, Sehun mentally cursed himself.

Why was he so stupid? Why did he bring them here? Why her here? Why why why and more whys.

He let go of her now warm hand and started to wipe off the new sweat that had appeared on her face, "... I-I... I'm-" he stopped himself midway and let his hand with the navy towel fall onto the bed. He couldn't even bring himself to say those two simple words, he just simply couldn't.

He gently lyed down beside Soojin, facing her and admiring her. One of his hands held onto her's but another gently and soothingly traced out her soft features. His finger tip brushed past her eyebrow and over her eyelid, tracing down to her nose bridge and onto her delicate lips. He gently laid his big but warm hand on her cheek, rubbing his thumb tip across the soft skin surface.

His tired eyes slowly closed because he felt at peace for a moment, "I'm... sorry, Soojin," he gently whispered and fell asleep beside her.

 

As the sun rose up, Soojin's eyes opened. and looked around her surrounding. She wanted to turn her body but could not do so; somone's hand was tightly wrapped  around her waist. She lightly rotated her head and to the right of her was a sleeping Sehun. The image before her brought a moment of shock to her whole body and mind. She couldn't remember the last time he looked like that. His arched eyebrows were no longer sitting ontop of his glaring eyes whenever his gaze was directed at her. Both his beautiful eyes and eyebrows were calm and collected, the same with his facial expression. That -face was no longer there, it was momentarily replaced with a lost boy's face.

She gently smiled to herself, "Wow..." she softly whispered to herself. Yes, it was that amazing.

She didn't want to leave, but had no other choice, fresh air was the only cure to her headache. With every ounce of energy inside of her, she tried her hardest to not make any movements that would guarantee Sehun's wakening. Finally free, she took one last look at his peaceful position and exited the RV.

As she walked out, the sun was peaking over the mountains, the soft breeze blew by, sending light chills over her skin. With one deep intake of air, she felt better, but then it made her remember where they all were. It made her remember what had happened last night, and immediately did she feel like an idiot.

"Oh god..." she whispered.

She hid her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter