Chapter 25

Wife Number One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojin sat on the warm beach looking at the sunset. She needed to clear her mind. She needed to free her mind of all things, and the only way she could think of was the sunset. It was the sunset that brought her and Sehun together when they were younger. After school, Sehun would always drag her to this beach and wait for the sunset while spilling some of his deepest worries and concerns. This was a place that held so much memory for them and so many secrets to be kept.

She smiled remembering all those times, but she knew it was now time to come back to reality. Her life was a mess, there was no doubt about it, and she has two options, live with it or dismiss it; however, she couldn't find herself to do either. She was so contricted with everything going on in her life. On one hand, she felt an obligation to Chanyeol and Boram, yet on the other, she had one to herself, one that she always seemed to dismiss.

"When are you going to start thinking about yourself?"

Chen's words always floated in the back of her mind, they were always there. It's just that Soojin always found a way to not think about it. She would be lying if the past year wasn't like hell to her, but she would also be lying if she said that she didn't enjoy the small moments with Sehun. Everything... she was just so constricted with everything.

The more she thought about it all, the more she wanted to cry, and she had been thinking for the past hour. Taking out her phone, she dialed a number while tears outlined her eyes. When the person from the other line picked up, her tears fell.

"Hello?"

Soojin didn't say anything and silently cried.

"Soojin-ah?" Chen's soothing voice came through.

Soojin painfully let out a laugh, "Oppa... I don't know what to do anymore. I have no idea what I should do anymore. I'm so sick of everything...."

Chen sat on the edge of his chair, anxious to her words, "What happened?" He softly asked.

Soojin softly touched the bandaid on her forehead, "Nothing.... I just don't know what to do anymore." Her eyes trembled while looking out into the water, "It's like whichever path I choose is wrong, like every single one has a dead end for me... and I don't want to deal with it anymore."

"Tell me what's going on. I'll try to help."

Soojin shook her head, "But that's the thing," her voice cracked, "you can't help me. No one can help me. I have to do this on my own but I'm so confused and-and so lost that... that-..."

"That what?"

"That I'm ready to be done," she whispered, "I'm ready to be done with everything."

Chen stood up and walked toward his jacket, he knew that tone in her voice, and he knew what she was thinking. "No. Don't you dare do anything stupid Lee Soojin. Do you hear me?!"

Soojin leaned back and layed upon the soft and cool sand, looking up at the orange sky, "Don't put your jacket on and sit back down, Oppa." she softly said, making Chen stop with what he was doing on the other line.

She gently smiled as tears rolled down her temples, "You know, the first time that I can clearly remember Sehun was when I was five and he was six. I was playing in the backyard and all of the sudden this boy comes out and asks if he can play with me. Me being the brat I was I said no and made him run back inside crying," she weakly chuckled, "and for the first time in my young life I felt bad. So I followed him inside and asked if he wanted to go play by the tree, he said yes, and so we did...."

"Maybe I'm getting punished for making him cry then... silling, right?" Soojin softly asked as more tears rolled down her temples.

Chen softly but painfully smiled through the phone, "Would you like me to pick you up, Soo?"

Soojin was silent for what seemed like forever. Her past memories, both good and bad flashed through her mind, making her come to a decision, "No, that's fine. But could you do something else for me?"

"What is it?"

Soojin took in a deep and shaky breath, "Help me file for a divorce."

 

Sehun sat inside the living room, waiting for Soojin to come back home. The moment he returned home and didn't see Soojin was the moment that he started to worry. Not having her in his sight wasn't so settling. He felt like hell for the past couple of hours trying to debate whether he should call her or just leave her. He wanted to give her space but he was turning into a worried mess. The longer he waited for her, the bigger his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter