Twelve

Wife Number One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Wait a minute. Passed away? As in she's dead?... Yoomi's dead?" He asked with widened eyes.

Soojin shifted uncomfortably in her seat, regretting that she had told him the truth. Her heart was beating at an unbeatable pace and she almost sure that Kris could hear it thumping wildly. She took in a deep breath and nodded, "Mm."

Kris' mouth slightly parted from shock. Never in a million years had he thought that Park Yoomi would be dead. Sure he didn't know her like he knew Soojin but, it puzzled him that Yoomi had passed away. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. "H-How? I-I mean, why? How did she die?" Kris needed to know. He needed reassurance.

Something in Soojin snapped. She lept out of her seat and paced a few steps. "Can we not talk about this? Please?" She closed her eyes and tried to stop the horrible memory from entering her mind.

Too blinded by his own greed for an answer, Kris protested. "No! I-I need to know! I need to know now Soojin!" He stood up and grabbed her by the shoulders, slightly shaking her. He was scared, terribly scared that he could maybe even be the slightest reason.

Soojin shook her head. She could see it. She could hear it. She could feel it. Soojin could see a pair of slender arms struggling to grab onto something. Soojin could hear the awful cries of "help" and "save me." Soojin could feel the horrible guilt settle into her stomach and slowly spread out to every inch in her being. Her head pounded like a beating drum while her heart was ready to burst open. Her red eyes filled up with a thin layer of tears.

"Stop! Just stop!" She screamed and pushed Kris away, shocking him.

Soojin's eyes re-opened to a darkened world. Kris' curious face turned into one of confusion and almost hurt; but Soojin had to think about herself for once. She needed to get away from that horrible night. "Just stop... please." She whispered in a broken voice. "I-I-.... I need to go." She whispered. "I need to go, now."

She hurridly got her purse and dashed for the door.

 

Soojin looked like a lost and scared little girl. She clutched onto her purse while walking toward her home, with Sehun. Her mind was like a complete blank canvas. She didn't notice her surroundings. Her one and only focus was getting into that house, that way, she'd feel somewhat safe, and could maybe temporarily forget about that peice of memory. She was too occupied in her own mind to see the male infront of her.

Her wide and scared eyes frightened Chen a little. He saw Soojin from the front of the door and immediately went to her aid. Unintentionally she bumped into him, making the two falter a step back.

"Woah Soojin calm down. What's wrong?" He asked going toward her.

Soojin shook her head and swallowed, hard. "I-I-I can't believe it." She muttered. "I can't believe I did that."

Chen shook his head in confusion. "What are you talking about, Soo?"

"I-I-I can see it." She motioned with her hands and bit her bottome lip. "I can see her struggling for help as she's being washed away and it's all my fault."

Chen took a step closer and held Soojin's shoulders. He looked into her guilt-filled eyes and could hear her heart breaking. "Soojin, it wasn't your fault. It was just-"

"It happened though." She grabbed onto his forearms, cutting him off and looked into his eyes with her tear-filled ones. "I-It still happened. A-And now Y-Yoomi's dead. She's dead Chen! Dead! She's never going to come back now! Sehun's going to be sad for the rest of his life and he's going to hate me until the day he dies! My best friend is going to hate me! He hates me! He's never going to be happy again!" She shouted in her small voice.

"Soo-ah." Chen said her name in a soft tone, trying to calm her down. This meltdown  only happened once, and it was at the hospital when they found out that Yoomi passed away; and instantly Chen knew that things were only about to get worse. Soojin was a keeper, not a giver, at least when it came to emotions. She bottled everything inside, and now that she's exploded, he knew things were going to change. They just were.

"Soojin calm down. It's okay. It's all in the past now. We need to move on, okay?" He softly asked while her face with one hand.

She shook her head as two big tear drops rolled down. "What about Sehun? How am I going to face him? He lost her because of me. If she's not here... who's going to make him happy now? Because I can't." She whispered. "Do you know how sad he was? Everyday I walked pass him and he wouldn't even look at me. And if he did, it wasn't the same Sehun I used to know anymore. He glared at me like I was the enemy. I washed and folded his laundry one by one. I made his bed after he went out. I made him food every single day, and for eight months he just threw it all away. I look into his eyes and see nothing but despise and hate for me, and sadness for losing Yoomi. And because I see those things... I can't bring myself to hate him back, because I took away what he loved most."

"And I hate myself because I can't hate him."

She covered her face with her hands and cried into them.

Chen didn't say anything as he slowly pulled Soojin's small and fragile body toward him, hugging her. Her trembling indicated that she was sobbing into his chest like never before. And for a split second, Chen hated Sehun to new heights. He wondered to himself why Soojin had to be in so much pain while Sehun glorified from it. It was sickening, and saddening.

"It'll be okay." He stated the words he hated most to her. They were words of comfort, but they were lies, because things wouldn't be okay, and Chen knew that. It was only a matter of time.

"I don't want be here..

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter