Ten

Wife Number One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojin finally woke up happier than other days. Remembering Sehun's small words of care last night was something that reassured her that if she stood through all of this, then maybe there would still be a chance.

She carefully walked down the stairs with a small smile hanging off of her lips. She was lost in a daze, a daze that Sehun had created for her. It was a daze in which both the dark and bright side were present. Usually she was always in a daze in the dark side, but today was different, she was in the bright side.

"Hello?!"

Soojin snapped and shuddered her shoulders when a pair of hands landed on them. She quickly turned around and patted her chest with her hand, trying to calm down. "My goodness. You scared me, Oppa."

Minho snickered then chuckled. "That was what I was aiming for." He sat on the couch. "So... how's life?" He asked.

Soojin shrugged her shoulders and went to sit next to him. "Life is just life. How's yours?" She asked.

Minho shrugged. "Life... is just life." He copied her words, hoping to get a positive reaction from her. His main goal going to his sister and brother-in-law's house was always to make sure that Soojin smiled. He saw how dull her life had become and if he could do just a little something for her, he would gladly do it.

Soojin softly laughed. "Alright then. So what did you come here for? And just so you know, just because you have the house keys doesn't mean you can barge in here whenever you want." She teasingly said in a somewhat strict voice. Soojin was half serious and half not.

Minho ruffled her hair. "Aw. Can't I come and check on my little sister once in a while?... How are things lately?" He asked in a soft voice.

Soojin took in a breath and slowly let it back out. "Things... are fine. I could even say it's getting better, but I don't think you would believe me." She softly laughed to herself. "Just know that I'm doing fine. You don't have to worry about me so much, Oppa. In fact, you should start thinking about your own future."

Minho chuckled. "I'll start thinking about my own future when yours in secure." He took a look at his watch. "Well, looks like your of a husband should be awake any moment so I'll take my leave now." He gave his little sister a beamful smile and stood up from the couch, heading to the door.

Soojin's eyes widened. "Oppa! You can't just call him that! He's my husband and your best friend's brother." She argued back following after him.

Minho shrugged. "Ah well. I'll be taking my leave now. Call me if anything happens alright?" He asked while settling his hands on her shoulders.

Soojin nodded. "I will. Have a safe drive, Oppa."

Minho smiled. "I will, Kiddo. Bye." He turned and opened the door. However, before exiting, he turned around once more, "Oh, and tell your of a husband that I hate him. Thanks, Soo. Bye." He waved and quickly dashed out of the house before Soojin could say or do anything.

Soojin stared after him, bewildered. "Minho-ah!" She softly yelled after him, only to get a bright smile in return. She watched as her happy older brother entered inside his red car and sped away. "Thanks, Minho."

She quietly re-entered inside the house and saw a sleepy Sehun walking down the stairs. His white shirt and striped pajama pants made him look more humane than he actually was (toward her). He slowly rubbed his eyes as a yawn escaped. "Who was that?" He asked.

"Minho." She answered and headed toward the kitchen, him following after her. "What do you want to eat?" She asked as she opened the fridge and scanned the products inside.

"Doesn't matter...." He shrugged, but then shuddered. He almost sounded... nice. And Oh Sehun, Soojin's husband, shouldn't sound nice. " Just make sure it's edible." He said in a cold voice and exited the kitchen, leaving Soojin alone to herself, once again.

She mentally sighed as she heard his footsteps distancing. Maybe it was too good to be true-no, it was. Soojin brought her hopes up after hearing his little sentence last night. And she knew not to. She blamed herself for thinking that he actually cared for her, even though he didn't. But a small part of her still believed or hoped that he did care. That maybe he still saw her as that best friend who would listen and comfort him in times of need.

 

"W-Where are you going, Sehun?" Soojin asked.

Sehun sighed. "Somewhere." He said in that signature cold voice and stepped out of the house. After eating and washing up, he was gone, like he always would be.

Soojin roamed the house aimlessly, like she always did when he left. She wanted to so badly call someone, even a text would be fine, she just wanted to come out of her bubble that had built because of Sehun's strict policy. Kris, was definetly a person she wanted to converse with. Four long years without ever hearing from one of her bestest friend was hard, and now that she's met him again, she wanted to take the opportunity to approach him first, in a friendly manner. But she didn't want to oppose Sehun's wishes. Not because she was scared of the consequences, but because she knew he meant it from the heart that once use to beat.

But before she knew it, she was making a call, to Kris.

"Hello?" A groggy voice came through the line.

"Hello? Are you sick, Yifan?" She asked.

A couple coughs and sneezes were heard in the background, confirming her question. "No." His miserable voice voiced out.

Soojin softly chuckled. "Liar. Here, give me your address and I'll come over to cook some soup for you alright?"

"No, it's fine, Soojin. I don't want you getting into trouble with Sehun. I'm fine, really-" Just as his sentence was about to end, a hard cough traveled through the line and into Soojin's ear, making her grimace.

"Ok, you are most definetly not fine. Don't be stubborn and just give me your address, plus Sehun's not home anyway. Come on sick baby Wu." She cooed into the phone.

A rough chuckled erupted from Kris. "Alright, I will. But you promise to leave right after right?" He asked.

"Yes, I promise. Now give me your address YiYi."

 

"You're here." Kris said with a sniffle while a tissue still in hand.

"Yep I am." Soojin quickly walked inside his apartment and closed the door, all the while carrying bags of food into his kitchen. "You've got a pretty good place." She praised while looking around.

"Thanks." Kris coughed and followed her into the kitchen. "Are you sure it's ok with you being here and all? Sehun does have a temper after all."

Soojin softly smile as she emptied the food bags. "It's fine. He's not home anyway." She turned and gave him a bright smile. "Go rest. I know you don't feel so good right now. I'll be done before you know it."

Kris coughed. "But you're my guest." He argued.

Soojin softly laughed. "I am your bestest friend. Now go rest. I'll make something good, I hope." She gently teased and ushered him out of the kitchen.

Kris softly laughed and complied. "Alright! I'll be resting on the couch then. Just call me when it's ready." "Will do." She replied with a smile and fixed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter