Chapter 28

Wife Number One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho nervously glanced around the hospital as he ran through the hallway with his mother and father while the doctors quickly rolled Soojin ahead of the three. His heart was pounding because he was so terrified that something had happened to his sister. When she fell into his arms, her face was so pale and her body was so cold, and it was as if he couldn't recognize his own sister for a moment.

One of the nurses turned around to them when they had reached their desitnation, "You'll have to wait here for a moment," she bowed and dropped the curtain, hiding Soojin away from all of their views.

Minho's mother grew teary and covered with both hands, his father gave a sad sigh and pulled her to his side, hoping for it to bring some sort of comfort. Minho closed his eyes as a weird hollow feeling developed in the back of his throat. His mother didn't cry much, and to see this happening, it was something, "She'll be fine, Omma," he whispered as he stared at the curtain, "Let's go sit down," he then led his parents over to a couple of chairs.

He whipped out his phone and texted Changmin about Soojin, but making sure to make it clear that he didn't want Sehun knowing about this. Just as he finished another nurse came out with a clipboard and pen, heading over to them.

"Hello," she gave them a smile, "I just have a couple questions concerning Ms. Lee."

"Yes what is it?" Minho asked as he straightened.

She clicked her pen and looked down at her clipboard, "Is Ms. Lee currently on any pills at the moment?"

Minho shook his head, "None that we know of."

She nodded, "Has she been to the doctors within the past year for a health check-up of sorts?"

"I believe she has-"

His mother took a step toward the nurse, "Is my daughter going to be okay?" she asked, desperate for an answer.

She gave all of them another smile, "For now, yes. We're having the nurse put in a drip. She's very dehydrated and under a lot of stress and pressure. She should be up in a couple of hours but we'll be keeping her over night to see how she does."

Minho gently smiled, relieved from the news, "Thank you. Thank you very much."

"You're welcome. She'll be in room 1007 in the west wing which is right that way after the nurse is done getting the IV in."

"Thank you again," Minho's father bowed along with his mother and his own self.

As the three straightened, the curtain was opened to reveal their pale daughter and sister. Soojin's mother and father ran to her side as Minho slowly walked forward, not getting used to the sight.

The doctor gave them a smile, "Rest assure, she is fine."

"Thank you so much," their parents chimed.

The doctor nodded with a smile, "And before we move her to her room, if it is okay with the family, you guys, we would like to take her to an ultrasound."

"Why?" Minho asked as he furrowed his eyebrows.

The doctor's smile grew even brighter, "We have reason to believe that she might be pregnant."

 

Soojin's eyes slowly opened and the first thing she saw was the blurry white cieling. As her eyes started to adjust to the lighting, her mother's face came into her sight of view.

"Soojin-ah!" Her mother exclaimed, "You're awake! Yeobo she's awake! Minho-ah!"

And as Soojin turned her head from side to side, she saw her father and brother standing there with a relieved smile on their faces. Her mother started to cry, "Do you have any idea how worried I was?! You little wench!" She raised her voice, trying to get out her frustration.

Soojin softly smiled, "Sorry, Omma.... Appa, Oppa... I'm sorry," she whispered in a hoarse voice.

Her father smiled as tears outlined his eyes. He reached his hand down and her head, "It's okay."

Minho smiled, "I had to deal with them while you were out," earning a small scoff from Soojin.

Just as he finished saying that, the doctor walk through the door, "I see you're awake!" He exclaimed, "I have very good news for you!"

Soojin smiled from seeing th hyper doctor, "Yes?"

While the doctor and Soojin had a smile on thier faces, her parents and Minho nervously glanced at one another, not knowing how she was going to take the "good news."

"While you were unconscious, we were doing the usual checkup and heard a little heartbeat in the background that didn't belong to you. So we took you for an ultrasound with permission from your parents and brother, and it just so happens to be that Ms. Lee, you are two months pregnant. Congratulations!"

Soojin was at a loss of words. She wasn't-isn't suppose to be pregnant. She has the flu and that was that, but a baby? She wasn't suppose to be carrying Sehun's child, especially not after he signed the divorce papers.

She gulped, "I-I'm... pregnant?"

The doctor nodded, "Yes indeed you are. Therefore you need to be extra careful about your health. Don't carry heavy things. Stay away from stress as much as possible and also keep yourself hydrated. Those two things are what caused you to faint. Luckily you're still in the early stages of preg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter