Chapter 35

Wife Number One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm fine," Soojin softely smiled as Chen handed her a glass of water.

"You sure?" He asked as he sat down next to her on the couch.

She nodded and held onto the cup with both hands. Silence took over for a few seconds before Soojin shook her head, "I'm not fine.... I'm really not fine, Chen." She let a small chuckle go and took a sip of her water.

Soojin continued to stare at her cup of water, "I've really come to realize today, during the session with Dr. Kim, that it's okay to not feel the best. I always told myself that I was okay when I knew I wasn't.... I guess I just needed to move past a moment that seemed so suffocating and that was my only way out. 'I'm fine,' that was my only source of comfort; because I didn't want to be a burden to anyone."

"When I was in those memories it was just that, suffocating. And I felt like death was nearing. So it's okay for me not to feel fine. It's okay for me not to be so happy and act like nothing is wrong when everything is wrong. It's okay for me to step outside of that small box and take a breather.... It's okay to find me in all of this mess. It's okay to not feel fine, because that's the first step to actually feeling fine.... Make sense?" She looked at him.

He gave her a small smile, "In every way possible," he then pulled her into a hug, "I want nothing but the best for you, Soo."

She nodded as her head leaned on his shoulder, "I want the best for me too... for everyone."

"I know you do... you're too nice," Chen chuckled as did Soojin.

"I wanna do something for myself, but I don't want you to worry."

"What is it?"

"I'll tell you later. For now, I need to settle things with Sehun. I'll meet him tomorrow for dinner, and... we'll see what happens."

"You ready to face him?"

Soojin softly smiled, "I don't know, but I'll be fine, and this time I know I will be."

 

Sehun nervously waited inside the home he used to live in with Soojin. She had called him yesterday about dinner. She wanted to talk, and for some reason, Sehun was as nervous as he could possibly be. He paced back and forth in his navy pants and plaid long sleave. He wiped the sweat off of his forehead every now and then while taking in deep breaths. He felt as if he was going on his first date.

A car engine was heard arriving infront of the house and Sehun's heart skipped a beat. He took one last look in the mirror and went to the front door, not waiting for a knock. He opened it and saw his ex-wife shining brightly like an angel as she exited her car and walked up the driveway. It all happened in slow motion for him. Her hair was blown by the soft breeze from the night's fall. Her flowy white dress complimented her slightly tanned skin. Lastly, her never-ending beauty that always amazed him. All of the things that he had come to appreciate too late.

Before he knew it, she had arrived infront of him with a smile and two bags full of food, "Hey." Her angelic voice was something that he had longed for so much finally peirced* his ears.

"H-Hi," he smiled back, "Come in. Let me get those for you," he took her bags.

She smiled, "Thank you." She stepped inside and followed him to the kitchen, "I just stopped by the food stands for some street food if you don't mind. A simple dinner. Plus we don't have to cook or do dishes."

Sehun lightly chuckled as he set the bags down onto the counter, "My thoughts exactly.... Soojin-ah," he called her name in a tone in which she couldn't explain.

Taken aback she hesitantly replied, "Y-Yes?"

He took a step closer to her, "I know this night just started, but if I don't say something now I'm going to be thinking about it all night and I don't-"

"Stop." Her soft voice managed to utter. She lessened the space between them and looked into his eyes. How desperately she longed for him, he would never know. She could feel the calm beat of her heart as each second passed by. And maybe it was because her heart's rythm* was so steady, but she lifted her hand up to caress his soft face and gave him a soft smile, "You can tell me later. Yeah?"

And now, Sehun didn't know what compelled him to do so. Maybe it was the look in her twinkling eyes, or the gentle waves of her voice passing through his ears, but he clasped onto her hand that was on his face and gave her a small smile in return, "Okay."

The moment stood still for awhile. The duo just staring into each other's eyes. It was evident how much they wanted to be together, but there was too much history being brought into their present and affecting their future.  Their eyes gazed upon one anothers, trying to dig deep into each other's souls, but ultimately failing. 

Soojin retracted her hand and so did Sehun. She gave him a small smile, "You wanna eat?"

Sehun grinned, "And movie? Like old times?"

"I would love to," and so the duo started to warm up the food and retreive utensils.

Sehun made his way into the living room with the food. He then went on the hunt for a movie. He lightly chuckled to himself as he reminiced* about the olden days in which he and Soojin got along. Their occasional movie nights were always the highlights to his weekend when he was younger. And he couldn't believe that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter