Chapter 29

Wife Number One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They stood infront of one another as the rain made its way down from the dark sky above.

Soojin's tears mixed in with the rain that pelted against her pale skin. The person infront of her continued to shout and yell, making Soojin's ears ring. Her whole body felt as if it were at a standstill, she didn't know how to react or what to say back. She just stood there and took it all in.

A slip and everything happened as if she were in a horror movie. The rain came down harder, the thunder roared through the dark sky, and the lightning clapped along with them. Soojin's body stood still as she watched the scene unfold before her, and in a matter of seconds, her whole body felt as if she was being surrounded by water and could no longer breathe.

"Help me! He-lp ME!"

Soojin's eyes fluttered open in the middle of the night. Sweat had formed on her forehead and she was unconscious as to how hard she was gripping onto the bed sheets. She looked around the room in a frenzy, making sure that she was not at that scene. When she saw her older brother's sleeping figure, a breath of relief came through her lips; however, she could not contain her emotions. Tears developed in her eyes as memories from that night came back into her mind. Yoomi was screaming, she was screaming for help and Soojin just stood there. She didn't move, she didn't do anything, and no one would ever know how much Soojin regretted it.

And that stupid dream (nightmare) could only make her go through the experience again. It brings her back to the night that has become a part of her, whether she wanted it to or not. With a heavy heart, Soojin quietly wept herself to sleep, making sure that Minho would not hear her.

The next morning, Soojin slowly ate the breakfeast that was prepared for her. She ate in total silence. It was just her and her thoughts, and the more she thought, the more she hurt.

"Soojin-ah? Eat more," her mother urged while gazing at her daughter.

Soojin gave her a soft smile, "I'll try to."

Her mother sighed and shook her head, "The more I think about it, the more upset I get.  How can you and Sehun be getting a divorce? You guys seemed okay for a while and your father and I thought it was going to work out. Of course you guys hit a rough patch when he went through with the second marriage, but it seemed as if that was coming along too, but how can he do that to you? Leave his faithful wife and go marry someone else? You'd think he can at least-"

"Omma!" Soojin slammed her spoon onto the small portable table infront of her.

Tears gathered in her eyes for the millionth time as she looked at her mother, "Can you stop?" Her cracked voice was enough to make her mother gulp. Soojijn ran her fingers through her hair in a stressed manner, "I-I can't even breathe, Omma. Breathing is so hard... living is so hard. I-I know what you're trying to say. I get it, but can you just take a moment for me to just calm down and regroup. I don't even know what I'm going to do tomorrow, let alone deal with this whole mess... Omma," she whispered as tears dripped down, "I just need a moment. I just need to breathe.... If I didn't have this baby I don't know where I'd be right now. I could be wandering the streets somewhere and I could even be dead... but I'm trying my hardest for this baby.... I'm really trying, Omma. So can you try too?" She softly whispered her last question and looked down to her food, trying to keep in her tears, yet miserably failing.

Her mother watched as she wept and wailed for the tenth time, yet never before this hard. Soojin's mother's tears fell as she went closer to her daughter, wrapped her arms around her shoulders and leaning the young girl's head onto her soft chest. She sniffled, "I'm sorry, Soojin-ah.... If your father and I didn't agree to that marriage, the two of you wouldn't be in this mess."

Soojin wailed as she hugged her mother, "No... I'm sorry, Omma... I'm so sorry."

 

Kris silently drank his coffee inside a little cafe. Keeping himself occupied with work in order to forget his argument with Soojin has not gotten any better. All he wanted to do was talk to her about Yoomi and call it quits. There are so many things that he is curious about and he has no one to go to for the answers. He lost all contact with his old friends, and Sehun for sure hated his guts because of his incident with Yoomi. His only resort of hope, guidance, and truth was within Soojin, his best friend who didn't hate his guts as much; even then, things between them were rough, and it was all because of his curiousity.

The door opened with a ding, making Kris lift his head up. His eyes slightly widened after seeing his old pal Luhan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter