Chapter 23

Wife Number One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

And just like that, camping came to an end, and a week of silence passed between Soojin and Sehun.

The two didn't speak to one another after the passionate night they had spent together in the RV. The morning after, they went on as if nothing happened. Sehun was indifferent as he wore his clothes while Soojin slept, but when the girl woke up to an empty bed, she wasn't surprised, she really wasn't, and that saddened her. It only meant that she no longer had anymore hope in him.

Soojin sat staring at the T.V. as Running Man played on it. She gently laughed every now and then. She grabbed for the plate of fruit on the table, but taking one look at it, she felt nauseous. She could feel the awful taste coming up , so she ran for the bathroom. She stuck her head inside the bowl and let it all out. After she was done, she quickly brushed her teeth to get rid of the smell and taste.

Soojin weakly came back into the living and plopped down onto the couch. Her head was spinning and she just felt so weak. Before she could really close her eyes, her cell phone rang.

"Hello?" Her hoarse voice answered.

"Soojin? Are you sick?"

Soojin sighed, "Not exactly, Kris. But hey, what's up?"

"Nothing much, just wanted to check up on you. Are you sure you're okay? You don't sound to good."

Soojin softly smiled at his concern, "Well I just puked whatever I ate last night and this morning out. So I'm doing just jolly."

Kris laughed from the other line, "Okay. I know you're not feeling too well but how about we meet at the cafe."

Soojin winced, "I don't know about that, Kris.... Sehun doesn't really want me to go anywhere today."

"More like he doesn't want you to hang out with me."

Soojin swallowed down her dry throat at the truth, "Yifan-"

"Just this one time. Please Soojin? I promise this is the last."

Soojin sighed and looked at the clock, Sehun wouldn't be home for at least three hours or so, "Okay, I'll meet you in 30 minutes."

Kris smiled from the other line, "Alright then." As he hung up, he dialed another number after quickly looking it up online, "Yes, hello?... I would like to make an appointment.... Can it happen in about 45 minutes?.... Alright, thank you."

 

"Why are we here?" Soojin asked as she stepped out of her car.

Kris immediately ran up to her side after getting out of his car. He gave her a wide grin, "We are here for your doctor's appointment." After having met at the cafe and talking for about five minutes, Soojin agreeded to accompany Kris to his unknown destination, the hospital.

Soojin looked up at him, "But I never made an appointment," she stated.

Kris smiled and slowly pushed her to enter inside the hospital, "I know.... I made one for you."

Soojin stopped in her tracks and once again gazed up at him, "You did?" She was truely touched with his gesture, "But why?"

Kris shrugged, "You just sounded so horrible over the phone that I just wanted to make sure you were in good condition."

Soojin softly smiled, "That's really sweet of you, Yifan, but I don't want to cause any trou-"

Kris shook his head, "You're not. I decided whether or not I wanted to do this. It's the least I could do for you after such a long time."

She smiled, "Thank you."

He returned her smile, "You're welcome. Now come on! Your appointment starts in about five minutes!"

Soojin giggled as he took hold of her hand and speed-walked through the lobby.

 

"Alright. Thank you. Your result will be in by tomorrow and we'll give you a call."

Soojin smiled, "Thank you."

The receptionist smiled, "May your husband and you have a good day."

Soojin shook her head, "Oh no-"

Kris nodded and took hold of her hand, "Thank you," and quickly dragged her out.

As the two exited the building, Soojin lightly hit his forearm, making him let go of her small hand, "Why'd you lie?!" her voice was slightly raised but still had a hint of happiness behind it.

Kris laughed, "Well it would be awkward for her if you told her that we weren't."

Soojin nodded her head after a moment of silence, "I guess.... So where are you taking me today then?"

Kris smiled, "Wherever you want to go."

Soojin smiled, "Really? Anywhere?"

Kris nodded.

Soojin's smile grew wider, "You said it Yi."

 

Sehun warmly smiled as he stared at the marbled grey rock infront of him.

"But why would she lie Hyung?! I was suppose to be her first! Not Kris, or Chen, or anybody in this damn world!" Sehun's scream overpowered the loud music for a moment, shocking the two older males.

Suho furrowed his eyebrows, "Kris is back?"

Sehun sighed, leaned back against the red couch and nodded, "Yeah.... I'm trying my best to keep Soojin away from him but... I don't know."

Suho leaned forward and grabbed his drink, taking a sip of it, "Listen, Hun. I get it. I get how you feel to a certain point, but this needs to stop whether you like it or not. All the abuse needs to stop before anybody else finds out. I, and you  especially should know that Yoomi would've never wanted this. If she were still alive she would give you a mean scolding right now, not us."

Luhan also sighed and stood up, heading to the door but turning around once more, "He's right, Hun....  We've all been very p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter