Chapter 32

Wife Number One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How have you been lately?"

Soojin gave a small smile, "I've been fine."

"I heard you're having a baby, congratulations, Soojin."

"Thank you."

Dr. Kim lovingly smiled as she leaned forward, "Why don't you try lying down, Soojin."

Soojin didn't think too much of it and did as she was told, so she slowly spread across the couch she was sitting on.

Dr. Kim smiled, "How does that feel?"

Soojin nodded, "It feels fine."

Dr. Kim also nodded, "Alright, now I would like for you to close your eyes." Soojin did so. "I want you to concentrate on my voice and my voice only. Don't worry about anything else going on around you, just my voice... Now I know you've been to this place more than once with me but we're going to try it again today.... It's starting to sprinkle. Dark clouds are gathering in the sky, thunder is clapping and lightning is crackling. The river's flow comes by much faster than it usually does, you can hear it. As all of those things are happening in the background, you are having a talk with Yoomi. I want you to tell me how the conversation is going."

"I said I wanted to talk with you yet I don't know where to begin or what to say."

Soojin looked down, "I'm sorry," she whispered.

"That's not what I want to hear!" Yoomi suddenly yelled, "I don't want to hear your apology!"

 

"She's yelling," Soojin whispered with her eyes closed.

 

Soojin raised her head and finally looked at Yoomi who was already crying, "U-Unnie?" Soojin whispered at a disbelief, the last thing she wanted was to have Yoomi crying.

Yoomi sniffled, "Don't you know that I'm just starting to fall in love again? Don't you know how much I've went through and how much he's been there for me? Don't you know how much we've been through together? If you did, you would've never said yes. Why don't you know any of that?! Why?!"

Soojin coward a step back and lowered her head once again, "I-I don't- I just... I'm sorry," she whispered once more.

"Why did you have to say yes?! Why did you have to do that to us?! I was just starting to move on!"

The thunder claps through the woods, making the two girls look up at the sky.

 

"Something's happening... n-no, something's going to happen."

 

Nothing was felt, only a loud screech was heard as it followed the flow of the river.

 

Soojin's eyes opened wide. She quickly got up, grabbed her purse and ran out of Dr. Kim's office as the older woman yelled in hopes of stopping the young girl.

"Soojin-ah!" Her mother yelped in surprise as she saw her daughter running away. She immediately power walked after her daughter and grabbed her slim arm infront of the elevators, "What's wrong? Did something happen?" She curiously asked.

Soojin kept her eyes away from her moms, "I-I want to go home. Let's go home Eomma, uh?"

Her mother kept her eyebrows furrowed, "What happened, honey?"

Soojin shook her head and took a step back, I-I don't want to come here anymore. This has been the sixth time already! I-It's been another month and I can't figure anything out! It's just the same thing repeating over and over again!... W-Why are you guys making me go through this?"

"Soojin-ah-"

"No! I don't want to go through this anymore!... I need to go home, Eomma."

Soojin's mother closed in and took her hands into her own hold, "Honey... it's okay. I know you don't want to come here anymore, it's too much for you.... However, in order for you to help both yourself and your baby, you need it as much as you hate it. All right? Just one more then we'll be done, I promise."

"In a couple of weeks?" She curiously asked.

Her mother smiled, "Yes in a couple of weeks. Now, do you want to go grab lunch somewhere?"

Soojin softly shook her head and circled her arms around her mother's and entered inside the elevator, "I just want to go home and rest if that's all right with you."

Her mother nodded and patted her hand, "Of course, but before that, I'm going to have Mr. Jung drop off some stuff at the company, now is that all right with you."

Soojin laughed and nodded while the two exited the elevator, "Of course it is."

"Soojin?"

The young girl turned to her right when she heard her name. Her breath slightly hitched but returned to normal. She hadn't seen him in a while, "Kris. What are doing here?"

Kris gave a small smile, "I just got done with a check up," he bowed, "Hello eomeoni, how are you doing?"

Soojin's mother smiled, "Oh my goodness, you're Yifan, right? Wu Yifan?"

Kris lightly laughed, "Yes that's me. It's been a long time, hasn't it?"

"Yes it has! You sure did grow into a handsome young man. How have you been these past few years?"

Kris smiled, "I've been doing good. I went back to China to help my father with his company."

"That's great! That's really good. It really is nice seeing you again, Yifan. Did you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter