Chapter 33

Wife Number One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojin paced around her room in a daze. Everything that Kris had told her was a shock to say the least. She felt as if she had been living a lie, held back in the darkness of everyone's thoughts. Her guilt was now on overload. Every single conversation she had with Yoomi in the past was now clear. It was so clear that she didn't want to believe any of it. Part of her life had been a lie, and part of her life were her friends.

Soojin stopped walking and slowly set herself onto the floor by her bed. Her body and head felt heavy, too heavy to carry on. Tears outlined her eyes for the millionth time as she lowered her head in utter despair.

"I got drunk at Suho's house during winter break four years ago while we were all partying. Yoomi was there and helped me up to a room.... One thing led to another and we had a one-night stand. I panicked when she told me she was carrying my baby. I freaked out, Soojin. I wasn't ready to be a father. I wasn't even ready to face the fact that she and I slept together. Y-Yoomi went through a lot when I told her I couldn't accept it, I know. She started harming herself and I didn't know what to do anymore. And then one day, I heard that she lost the baby.... I couldn't stay and face her anymore. I had to leave all my burden, guilt, and happiness behind, Soojin. I couldn't stay in Korea any longer, I just couldn't."

Soojin's tears fell endlessly as she looked out the window.

"Hey! What are you-"

"I can't talk right now, Soojin. I'm at the hospital. I'll call you later." And Sehun ended the call.

 

"Where is everybody? It's been three days now."

Chen gave her a small smile, "They're... having a dude day. Don't worry about it."

"Ok..." she nodded and went back to eating her lunch.

 

"Soojin I need to tell you something."

She looked up at Kris, "Yeah?"

Kris gulped, "I... I..."

Soojin giggled, "Oh come on, Wu Yifan! Just spit it ou-"

A soft pair of lips landed on her own. Making her eyes grow wide. Kris pulled back after what seemed like an eternity, "... I'll see you, Lee Soojin," 'Hopefully' he whispered in his mind and left her in the middle of the basketball court. And just like that, she lost her first kiss to Wu Yifan. She didn't see or hear from him again for four years.

 

"Hun I need to tell you something!" Soojin excitedly entered inside his last classroom of the day.

"I can't right now, okay?" He quickly put his books back into his backpack.

"But I-"

"Not right now, Soojin!" He shouted and looked at her. His eyes softening after seeing her scared face, "I gotta go see Yoomi."

She watched as he left her.

Her tears didn't seem to subside. She hunched over, setting the back of her hands onto the carpet and dipped her face into her palms, crying her heart out. She couldn't find any sense in why this was happening. It was as if she was on the edge of a cliff, ready to fall over, but still hanging on, just in case someone came to her rescue. She thought her heart had been torn down to what only a microscope could see, but now it was tearing down even more. Breathing seemed like a struggle and opening her eyes made reality real. She just didn't understand anymore.

The door to her room opened, shining light into the room. Soojin's tear-filled eyes looked at the person standing at the door, and her heart fell. There stood her rock when she had hit the bottom. He entered inside her room and closed the door. Not giving another thought, Soojin got up and ran to hug him. She ran so hard that the two of them almost fell over.  Her tears once again fell, she could now smell his soothing scent again, feel his comforting arms, and be in his presence.

"Oppa..." she softly cried into his chest.

Chen softly smiled, "Hey..."

And those were the only words exchanged between the two friends for the next ten minutes. He came to be her buoy because she was drowning in too much. Her heart and mind were ready to explode if they hadn't already. Chen hugged her tighter as she fell into a weakened state, one that she hated the most. He could see and hear the hardships she was going through, and he had no idea how to make amends for it. He felt responsible to a certain extent. He had so many chances to tell her everything, but he didn't. He was being a good friend and went along with Sehun's plan to not let a words slip to Soojin. She was fragile and they all knew it. They all knew that her friendship with Kris would've died right

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter